10 amazing moments in PRIDE

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 10 amazing moments in PRIDE
disorderlyvision
4/4/07 1:16:30AM
Any others you guys would add?

link
Manfred
4/4/07 4:41:51AM
I think they have the 10 best:

but for HM:
Renzo / Saku: This one made me believe in Saku's talent. Royler could've been a fluke. Royler was less experienced (it was only his 4th prof. MMA match) and he was smaller than Saku. The Renzo fight made me a believer.

Frye / Takayama: Complete barn burner and an amazing, hockey-style fight

markatwork
4/4/07 7:35:17AM
mirko's knockout on Vovchancyan (sp?!)

or just his LHK in general

and sakuraba's entrances
creativedestruction
4/4/07 7:39:50AM
Royce-Sakuraba was boring as hell.
okayraf
4/4/07 9:46:38AM
Jackson/Arona - the fight in itself was pretty fun to watch (as are most jackson fights) but the knockout is great. I mean i know people get slammed every so often, but how many people actually get knocked out by it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah12ZhpaLvU

go to about the 8:15 minute mark to just watch the knockout.
Rush
4/4/07 1:15:11PM

Posted by okayraf

Jackson/Arona - the fight in itself was pretty fun to watch (as are most jackson fights) but the knockout is great. I mean i know people get slammed every so often, but how many people actually get knocked out by it?

I can only think of one other KO slam.

Hughes and Newton
pv3Hpv3p
4/4/07 1:34:58PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by okayraf

I can only think of one other KO slam.

Hughes and Newton

Tito Ortiz / Evan Tanner - ended in a slam, but not the powerbomb style...

EDIT: Sorry I wasn't paying attention... That was UFC not Pride...
Manfred
4/4/07 1:52:53PM
Hughes passed out from the triangle, so it was more of a KO "fall" than a KO slam.
champaulion
4/4/07 9:28:41PM
Rampage vs Liddell is a top moment, probably number 1 top moment
hollywood1978
4/5/07 2:14:09AM
Wand vs. CroCop 1 - The stare down alone makes it a top moment.

Randleman ko over Cropcop

Fedor vs. Fujita - Fedor showed the definition of heart again

Gomi vs. Sakurai - Action packed

johny_rotten
4/26/07 2:07:07AM
With out a doubt the best moment in Pride was to see Rickson Gacie step in the ring. Wasn't the most memorable fight, but it was the only time he was in a major event for the whole world to see.
Mastodon2
4/26/07 2:42:34AM
I know it might not be top 10 material, but Sakuraba vs Schembri at Pride Critical Countdown 2004 was amazing, it was the ultimate rematch. Sakuraba refused to get over confident, and ground Schembri down over 3 long rounds, and Elvis looked a little worse for wear. Sakuraba landed so many inside leg kicks to Elvis's right thigh. Schembri began shaking his legs, and Mauro Ranallo commented that he was dancing, when in fact it was evident that his legs were seizing up in pain and he was trying to shake them loose.

This fight turned out exactly as the first fight should have, Schembri was destroyed by Sakuraba, and the true better warrior was revealed, and Schembri's "Illegal headbutt followed by knee to the chin" KO will be remembered as "Just another fighter using a foul to win the fight".
chop-socky-flix
4/26/07 8:09:31AM
Not really a 'great' moment, quite the opposite actually but i was watching Pride 15 last night and the fight between Don Fry & Gilbery Yvel? (spelling). Don fry got Thumbed in the eye twice, fingered in the eye once and gilbert held the ropes for about 5 minutes before getting disqualified. And after all that Don fry gets the mike and is a true gentelman.

I couldnt believe don didnt go beserk at yvel!! A great fight though as you dont never see that much cheating in one match!. The fact the yvel pleads innocence really winds you up too.

Great moments though. . . . .

Wanderlei knocking out Jackson is unforgettable. Also Chuck liddell knocking out Guy Metsger is pretty scary.
Mastodon2
4/26/07 7:02:04PM
Yeah, that Yvel vs Frye fight was ridiculous, "Evil" Yvel is the dirtiest guy in MMA, he was using every dirty trick in the book, just like Bronco Sikotich in the first few Pride events.

Yvel sucks, Don was a legend in that fight.