Amazing Cards.....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Amazing Cards.....
xchickox
6/11/07 1:57:19PM
....i know ufc 72 doesn't look amazing but other than that fight night, 73, 74, and 75 look amazing so far...this has gotta be the best year for UFC so far, so many good fights, its so hard to pick which fight i'm looking forward to most, also with the prospect of the serra vs hughes fight so much to look forward to
Aether
6/11/07 2:47:45PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, over the next year or two MMA fans are going to be treated to tons of amazing fights as we witness the most explosive growth period in the history of MMA. It is sad that PRIDE is more than likely dead on one level (I really enjoyed the production and the respect of the japanese fans) but ultimately it's going to help the sport. One or the other had to take over in order for us to see all of the amazing matchups we've been hoping for.
johny_rotten
6/11/07 4:08:23PM

Posted by xchickox

....i know ufc 72 doesn't look amazing but other than that fight night, 73, 74, and 75 look amazing so far...this has gotta be the best year for UFC so far, so many good fights, its so hard to pick which fight i'm looking forward to most, also with the prospect of the serra vs hughes fight so much to look forward to

I really don't mind that 72 is so awful. We as fans get two free cards this month. I won't order 72 because it is so bad, but I am glad I am saving the money. Strikeforce is so good I will order that, and my cable bill won't be $80 extra this month. Then July has the card of the year with "Stacked," and then get ready for Pride stars to start making their invasion of the UFC.
hippysmacker
6/11/07 6:03:41PM
I think the problem with 72 was it was originally slated to be on free TV , so the card didn't need to be as stacked as the others. Add the 12pm pst start time, where a lot of people will not be home, and I think the UFC is expecting a large drop in PPV revenues. I'm planning on buying strikeforce and skipping 72 as well.I can catch the fights on daily motion anyway.