Amanda Nunes vs Valentina Shevchenko rescheduled for UFC 215

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Amanda Nunes vs Valentina Shevchenko rescheduled for UFC 215
JLS
7/17/17 8:58:17PM
The women’s bantamweight title fight between champion Amanda Nunes and challenger Valentina Shevchenko has been rescheduled for UFC 215, according to a report by Combate. UFC 215 takes place in Edmonton, Canada, on September 9.

The two were supposed to fight in the main event of UFC 213. However, Nunes withdrew from the competition the day of their fight after claiming that she felt ill.

Link
xdanish020
7/18/17 1:13:39AM
According to Dana, Nunes won't main event a card again, so I wonder who's going to be the main event on this card....since Cody and TJ are going to fight......shouldn't they give DJ an opponent? I know he isn't the biggest draw either but 2 title fights is a good selling point. I wouldn't mind seeing it against Borg.....and there are a few 125ers who are just a couple fights away from getting a title shot....Moreno/Pettis winner is close, Pantoja is close with another win or two. I'd love to see Eric Shelton win his next fight and go on a run as I thought he looked really good on the show.
jbmoviefan
7/18/17 8:58:10AM
lol at Dana for throwing her under the bus like that, pretty typical though. I get why he wanted her to fight 1) It's a PPV, if you can fight you should. 2) It's f'ing sinus pressure, get some flon-aze and tough it out. 3) No one like Nunes as a champion anyway, too butch and no marketing appeal, so having her fight at less than 100% just helps to get her gone.

Regardless it doesn't matter, Shev is gonna blow her out of the water, should have just got it over and done with while she was sic...
tildengolfer
7/19/17 3:13:34PM

Posted by xdanish020

According to Dana, Nunes won't main event a card again, so I wonder who's going to be the main event on this card....

Nunes & Shevchenko would be my guess
xdanish020
7/20/17 10:22:05PM
Mighty Mouse vs. Borg.......
JLS
7/20/17 11:00:59PM

Posted by xdanish020

Mighty Mouse vs. Borg.......

Yep that's the official Headliner. 2 Title fights, a possible HW #1 contender bout and Melendez vs Jeremy Stephens and this card won't even get that many PPV buys. Very average at best but I think it's a nice card.