ALVES SAYS WEIGHT CUT IS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » ALVES SAYS WEIGHT CUT IS AHEAD OF SCHEDULE
emfleek
7/8/09 1:23:55PM
As of 2 p.m. PST on Tuesday, UFC welterweight contender Thiago Alves said he weighed 183 lbs.

The 25 year-old American Top Team product meets his biggest opportunity on Saturday when he faces reigning champion Georges St. Pierre at UFC 100.

STORY
prozacnation1978
7/8/09 2:15:11PM
that not good for gsp, if alves feels comfortable and positive
look out!!
Jackelope
7/8/09 2:54:22PM
I've got a feeling that extra pound is going to kill Alves. Everything may be fine and dandy now, but you literally reach a point in weight cutting that you just simply can't go any further. I really wonder if Alves will reach that point in this weight cut.
Rush
7/8/09 3:53:41PM

Posted by Jackelope

I've got a feeling that extra pound is going to kill Alves. Everything may be fine and dandy now, but you literally reach a point in weight cutting that you just simply can't go any further. I really wonder if Alves will reach that point in this weight cut.

The other possibility is that he will feel weak because he cut too much overall. The cut may be on schedule, but that doesn't mean his body sacrifices something for it.
Pookie
7/8/09 4:35:49PM
Considering he has said that he weighs in the high 190's on the day of the fight i think this is troubling for thiago.
DevonFoxy
7/8/09 5:33:50PM
Well seeing he's never made 170 pounds without using an illegal substance I would hope he would be. But still I was very surprised with his cardio against Koscheck. With that said I think like Jackelop said that extra pound of have to make 170 and not just make 171 like he normall does is imo going to be HUGE in this fight.