Alves vs. Sanchez back on for UFC 90!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Alves vs. Sanchez back on for UFC 90!!
Next Page »
ricoj3323
7/22/08 4:16:51AM
According to fightline.com, alves vs. sanchez is still on and has been pushed back from UFC 89 to UFC 90 in the Windy City. I'm so glad this fight is still on, its going to be so exciting and I'm gonna have to go for sanchez by sub

Pitbull09
7/22/08 4:51:06AM
Can't wait. I like this idea more. Hopefully Silva is on this card too. A card stacked with WW's and a Silva title fight sounds like a perfect $40 spent for me
Purge
7/22/08 8:04:46AM
Sweet, I can't wait to see more of this

prozacnation1978
7/22/08 5:27:37PM
i would like to know the main event
bls1919
7/22/08 9:44:42PM
I am goin with a 2nd round TKO by Alves. I hope Diego has a great new found love of his stand-up and comes at Thiago full blast. It will be a war and then Thiago will get the better of the Clinch and put Diego to sleep.
chitown97
7/22/08 10:25:01PM
I am also going to take Thiago Alves by TKO but I think it will happen in the third. By the way I caught myself watching that GIF of Alves kneeing and then hammering Hughes. I was staring at it and realized I watched it like five times. Definitely looking forward to more of that. I guess I never saw it slow motion.
jawbreaker517
7/23/08 8:34:54PM
I'm going to have to take Diego on this one. I think Alves is slightly better with his stand-up, but if you factor in Diego's ground game and intensity, Diego's got the edge.
State_Champ
7/23/08 9:47:36PM
Alves will win this for sure!
I say after he beats on Diego they should feed him to GSP.
(Nobody in the division looks even close to the way GSP has been in his last few matches.)
jocka
7/23/08 10:00:52PM

Posted by jawbreaker517

I'm going to have to take Diego on this one. I think Alves is slightly better with his stand-up, but if you factor in Diego's ground game and intensity, Diego's got the edge.

I agree even if am not a fan of Sanchez i am going to give him that one, second round Sub. its gonna be a good fight
Pitbull09
7/23/08 10:01:25PM

Posted by State_Champ

(Nobody in the division looks even close to the way GSP has been in his last few matches.)

I would wait awhile before saying that. I dont see Fitch winning but I think he is one of the best strikers GSP is fighting yet. If Fitch can't stop him, Alves has better striking and knees to end GSP's second title reign
jocka
7/23/08 10:14:59PM

Posted by Pitbull09

Posted by State_Champ

I would wait awhile before saying that. I dont see Fitch winning but I think he is one of the best strikers GSP is fighting yet. If Fitch can't stop him, Alves has better striking and knees to end GSP's second title reign

If Matt Hugues was able to take ALves down GSP will take him down too the only difference is that GSP will finish the fight there
MMA
7/23/08 11:55:59PM
I'm picking Sanchez to win this fight. He has a better ground game and an iron chin. He'll take some shots and take this to the ground.
MMAFREAK89
7/24/08 4:12:18AM
That's funny becuase Jon Fitch has beat both of these guys and lets say GSP will be lucky to get by Jon Fitch
telnights
7/24/08 4:21:03AM

Posted by MMA

I'm picking Sanchez to win this fight. He has a better ground game and an iron chin. He'll take some shots and take this to the ground.

MMAFREAK89
7/24/08 7:35:30AM
Thiago alves isn't really that great, He lost on his debut to spencer fisher he was pawned, GSP is out of his lead, Diego sanchez doesn't have a much chance either against GSP i hate GSP but he is better then both of these guys , Instead of alves vs sanchez it should be alves vs koscheck and diego vs matt sera or chris lytel.
tomsmith17381
7/24/08 1:14:14PM

Posted by ricoj3323

According to fightline.com, alves vs. sanchez is still on and has been pushed back from UFC 89 to UFC 90 in the Windy City. I'm so glad this fight is still on, its going to be so exciting and I'm gonna have to go for sanchez by sub

i am PISSED that this fight has been moved back from 89 i have tickets for that event and was really looking forward to this fight yet again the U.K is given a weak card oh wait it probably will be the same card as the last u.k card except they switch the fighters around so they are fighting someone different!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ok rant over im calm now
Dom_Diegos
7/24/08 4:44:20PM
my dad & grandad were both pro boxers ,so NOOOO your wrong there!
ricoj3323
7/25/08 2:24:51AM
watch out when your tossing the word beaner around boy, i would love to see you in the octagon, diego would own you
Dom_Diegos
7/25/08 5:08:41PM
My fathers side is spanish, my father is spanish! So saying BEANOR is no big deal for me. (example - Carlos Mencia) And I never said I would beat Sanchez, just that I would fight him. I have enuff experience as a boxer, BJJ & wrestling. Age is the my only downfall. But I can say he would leave with sum damage! IMO
Everyone has a fighter the dislike & talk smack about. Sanchez is mine is all.
prozacnation1978
7/26/08 10:14:12AM
there are some fighters i don't like as well
Mattchoo
7/26/08 10:19:02AM

Posted by Dom_Diegos

My fathers side is spanish, my father is spanish! So saying BEANOR is no big deal for me. (example - Carlos Mencia) And I never said I would beat Sanchez, just that I would fight him. I have enuff experience as a boxer, BJJ & wrestling. Age is the my only downfall. But I can say he would leave with sum damage! IMO
Everyone has a fighter the dislike & talk smack about. Sanchez is mine is all.

Im sorry but I would kick the sh!t out of you, no way could i beat a pro fighter though man.

How can you say a professional fighter would leave with damage!

LOL surely your joking?

Dom_Diegos
7/26/08 7:26:53PM
I NEVER said I would beat his ass did I ! All I said was he would have damage. Thats not saying I'll cut him or break an arm, just that he will leave with atleast a mark to show he was in a fight. More then 20yrs of boxing, 13yrs or wrestling (including state, regional & national results) & almost 5yrs of BJJ it's a safe bet to say that IMO!!! According to you that would be like saying Mike Tyson inhis prime wouldn't stand a chance against an amateur. Like saying Brock can't wrestle or Cung Le can't kick. No I'm not comparing myself to these guys. What I am saying is an unknown can make a big shock sometimes. And it is great to have a good mind set when your a fighter....DUH! I do know that a pro fighter has the best chance.....DUH!!! Last thing what background do you have to say you can beat anybodys ass? I can prove golden gloves more then twice, I can show belts in BJJ, I show trophies for wrestling, what do you have? Again everyone has a fighter the dislike......Sanchez is mine. Everyone also thinks or have enough confidence in their abilties to say "Man I would fight him or I could beat his ass or I can give him a better fight then that guy did" Perfect example..........Quarry vs. Starnes......who doesn't think they could do that or better? Enuff said!!!
Jfurry
7/26/08 9:45:21PM
So pitiful I dont care how many years of Muay Thai I have under my belt I know I cant beat any one in the ufc in less I catch them shat if some one is on the boards saying how they'd love to get there ass beat just to hit the guy once is ummm yea
bls1919
7/27/08 1:12:05AM
All i have to say is that Knees dont see color or creed. they hurt all the same. And Diego wil learn first hand how bad the can hurt
Dom_Diegos
7/27/08 3:16:00PM
My point exactlly. Once again I never said I could beat a pro fighter, thats just retardted! I just don't like him & once AGAIN everyone has a fighter they dislike.
Enuff said, I'm done!!!
Pookie
7/27/08 3:21:43PM

Posted by Dom_Diegos
IMO
Everyone has a fighter the dislike & talk smack about.

Not really. Maybe then you'd be surprised that Most people don't have a fighter that they talk smack about on the forums.

And please dont drop the racial slur again... it may not be a big deal to you, but it is a big deal to other people, like me.
Aether
7/27/08 5:17:19PM
Well, anyway back to the diego/thiago discussion. I think (and hope) Thiago wins this. I like him a lot, but he has problems making weight and you can't be fighting for a belt if you can't be trusted to make weight. If he makes weight and wins this fight he should definitely be next up for the welterweight title. I think on the feet it's going to be all Alves, and I think his sprawl is too good for Diego to take him to the ground where he would most likely be dominant. Could go either way. Diego better be practicing his shot.
Pookie
7/27/08 5:56:45PM

Posted by Aether

Well, anyway back to the diego/thiago discussion. I think (and hope) Thiago wins this. I like him a lot, but he has problems making weight and you can't be fighting for a belt if you can't be trusted to make weight. If he makes weight and wins this fight he should definitely be next up for the welterweight title. I think on the feet it's going to be all Alves, and I think his sprawl is too good for Diego to take him to the ground where he would most likely be dominant. Could go either way. Diego better be practicing his shot.

His shot is going to be key. I think someone like Koscheck would pose Thiago a much bigger threat than Diego can, due to his explosive shot.
Aether
7/27/08 8:56:24PM
Yeah I agree. I think the whole fight is really going to hinge on whether Diego can shoot better than Thiago can sprawl, and I don't think he can.
jiujitsufreak74
7/27/08 9:01:56PM
Diego's fight with Luigi proved that he is extremely vulnerable to anyone with a sprawl. if Luigi could give Diego problems and even win a round (which i thought he did) i am 100% sure that Thiago will be able to win this fight. if Luigi can keep it standing and land punches, then Thiago can too. Diego has been exposed and Thiago will capitalize. i just feel that Diego has fallen in love with boxing and that he will test himself on the feet. when he starts to realize he is outmatched on the feet, he will go to his bull-rush shot which Thiago should be able to easily avoid and land the winning strike in the second round.

Thiago R2 KO
Pages: [1] 2