Alves vs Koschek?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Alves vs Koschek?
jawbreaker517
10/18/08 1:47:29PM
I looked on UFC.com but couldn't find anything about Sanchez pulling out of the fight. Why is Alves fighting Koschek suddenly? Can someone help me out?
juanez13
10/18/08 1:51:24PM
Sanchez got injured, Koscheck stepped in.
aaa9erh8er
10/18/08 2:17:22PM
yup and imo this is a much better fight. i think that alves will be to strong for kos and really over whelm him and tko him in the second
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/18/08 2:23:45PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

yup and imo this is a much better fight. i think that alves will be to strong for kos and really over whelm him and tko him in the second

i couldnt agree more w/ u about this being a better fight. but not so much for the 2nd part

Koscheck has 2 losses

1 to fickett, which he was winning til he got caught late in the 3rd. this was the best loss of his career bc it taught him he needed to be more well rounded

& the 2nd to the champ

koscheck is by far the best ww not named georges or bj

Branwest
10/18/08 2:42:54PM
Kos is still scheduled to fight again in December as well. Although I don't care for him too much, that's good of him to step in on short notice.
Kos also almost lost to my hometown boy (1 county over), Dustin Hazelett. Dusty had him in a triangle but his legs were so long, he couldn't finish it, and earlier than that he had a standing guillitine but couldn't finish that either. Plus, each took some good strikes and kicks until Kos finished him off with strikes.

I do think Kos's style is better suited to beat Alves. His wrestling is stronger than Diego's. He has improved his striking but it's not enough to stand with Thiago. To win, I think he has to put Alves on his back and GnP and watch out for submissions. I HIGHLY doubt that he can stand and trade with Thiago and his MT.
This should be a great matchup, and will prove if Alves deserves a shot at GSP. If Kos wins, he won't get a shot for a little while. GSP has to fight BJ in Febuary, and if he wins, will probably fight Anderson next, according to the hints by Dana. After BJ, if GSP wins, they won't want to take a chance on him losing to another opponent before he fights Silva. However, Silva needs to be Cote as well, and odds are, he will, but in MMA, you just never know.
I just hope that Alves makes weight this time. If Alves wins, it'll be by TKO or KO, or possibly by submission. If Kos wins, it'll be by decision or GnP TKO/ref stoppage. IMO, of course.
Mchubb316
10/19/08 1:37:53AM
I think Alves will be to strong for Kos as well. I see it going much like the Hughes fight.