alves/fitch

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » alves/fitch
MFOTHER
7/14/08 3:50:36PM
if fitch beats gsp, this is a match-up we'd likely see. i think GSP would have more problems w/ alves than he wil with fitch. Alves has better hands than fitch, which imo is GSP biggest weakness.
people say fitch is stronger than hughes.... I DO NOT AGREE, however i do believe Alves is stronger, and obviously much bigger....

I expect Thiago to get by sanchez, and george to get by fitch.

assuming the BJ fight doesnt happen/gets delayed, how would GSP match up againts alves..
jocka
7/14/08 4:09:11PM

Posted by MFOTHER

if fitch beats gsp, this is a match-up we'd likely see. i think GSP would have more problems w/ alves than he wil with fitch. Alves has better hands than fitch, which imo is GSP biggest weakness.
people say fitch is stronger than hughes.... I DO NOT AGREE, however i do believe Alves is stronger, and obviously much bigger....

I expect Thiago to get by sanchez, and george to get by fitch.

assuming the BJ fight doesnt happen/gets delayed, how would GSP match up againts alves..

i say GSP takes it to the ground, pounds one him a but and gets the TKO
Bowen50
7/14/08 4:26:40PM
GSP would take him down and pound him. He could end this with a TKO or a sub in my opinion and it wouldn't go past the 3rd round.
eyeforeigneye
7/14/08 4:49:03PM
Fitch looked rusty against Chris Wilson, but if he's on his A game like he was when he beat Alves' ass.. it might not be such an easy win for GSP. Alves is a tough dude, but he's no Jon Fitch... neither is Diego. GSP vs Fitch will be alot closer then the 'all hail GSP' crowd thinks
tepid55
7/14/08 4:53:06PM
Fitch would destroy Alves, just like he did the first time they fought.
Kastro
7/14/08 5:17:09PM
Alves has his hands full with Sanchez.. If sanchez beats Alves I think we will see a rematch of Fitch and Sanchez.. assuming Fitch gets past GSP which I highly doubt is going to happen!
Franklinfan47
7/14/08 7:12:14PM
Well fitch tko'd Alves....
nickcuc547
7/14/08 10:17:33PM

Posted by tepid55

Fitch would destroy Alves. just like he did the first time they fought.

right, apparently the post starter missed that fight. Fitch has been struck with some bad luck given the fact that he fought a ton of great fighters before anybody knew they were great, they got their noteriety after they lost to fitch
prozacnation1978
7/14/08 11:37:58PM
if fitch fights alves again i see alves knocking him out
i also see alves more of a threat to gsp than fitch
look at how gsp handled kos a all american wrestler
he will dominate fitch the same way
MFOTHER
7/14/08 11:55:29PM
i kind of messed up with this thread....i meant to ask how alves would match up againat gsp, which was the last thing i asked......i HAVE seen fitch v alves, and was going to start a thread about how they would match up now, but i guess they just got combined.......

Pitbull09
7/15/08 12:33:25AM
People who think it would go the same don;t know what they are talking about. Alves is a way better fighter now and would do well in stand up. Hopefully we can see the rematch with a title involved to make it more interesting
emfleek
7/15/08 9:17:14AM
Fitch's abilities didn't exactly decline since his first fight with Alves...
Chuteboxer
7/15/08 10:10:30AM
The thing that bothers me about how great Alves is this: All he can do is standup. Seriously, where's his ground game at? he's okay at takedown defense. His only realy talent is throwing leather, and that's it.
Purge
7/15/08 1:16:38PM

Posted by emfleek

No put in termsof both of them improving.

Alves>>>>>Fitch
roadking95th
7/15/08 1:44:31PM
Assuming GSP and Alves both win, yes Alves should be next. I think GSP has a much harder time with Fitch as he is more rounded than Alves.

People are jumping the gun on Sanchez. Even if he wins against Alves, he should not be next in line. I think Kos should be with another win.

Right now, the only WW fighters I see beating GSP are Fitch or Kos
jocka
7/15/08 1:45:20PM
GSP vs Fitch = like i said before GSP gets him down and pounds on him
GSP vs ALves = same thing as FItch

Won t be easy fights but i don't see these to be that tuff either
jgtribbett
7/16/08 2:03:53AM

Posted by emfleek

i'm a huge fitch fan and i am from 20 min away from where he went to college. i watched him wreslte when i was younger. um.. huge nut hugger..
but i think that he hasnt increased that much either