Allen Berube??? Seriously???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Allen Berube??? Seriously???
blkssncpt
6/11/07 3:25:05PM
For the TUF final Allen Berube is on the card??? i dont know about everyone else but i think they could have picked another fighter from the show.... i much rather see Miller, Wiman, Hill, Geraghty, or Emerson. dont wanna sound like im bashin but i think they could have picked a more exciting and more experienced fighter the finally.... just my two cents. anyone else????
Aether
6/11/07 3:32:58PM
yeah, I agree except for emerson. He was given a second chance to win his fight, and while I did think he should've gotten the decision, it was his own tentativeness that made the fight so close to begin with. He should've been hungry and out for the kill when he got that second chance.
johny_rotten
6/11/07 4:02:26PM
They will all be on the finale it is just that the Alan fight leaked. The only guys that most likely won' t be on the card are the 3 that got kicked off.
Aether
6/11/07 4:41:32PM
alan berube IS one of the 3 who got kicked off. Marlon and Noah are probably the only 2 who we are guaranteed not to see.

-EDIT-

I guess Gabe actually makes 4 who were kicked off now that I think about it.
DJDark41
6/11/07 5:23:04PM
I hope Berube gets his face wrecked. He's an idiot, and what did Dana say about none of those guys ever fighting in the UFC? Pretty hypocritical if you ask me.
xthe_scottx
6/11/07 5:25:41PM
Berube wasn't one of the people in the fight. I don't think he even should have been kicked out since not one person did anything. He deserves another shot because he did the same as everyone else yet was forced to leave.
Aether
6/11/07 5:39:55PM
not really, the rest of them may have done nothing, but berube actively encouraged them to fight when Noah was saying "I don't want to get kicked out of the house" and then acted as the referee. The others might not have stepped in to stop it, but Berube was a catalyst to the incident.
xthe_scottx
6/11/07 5:45:51PM
I wouldn't say he was the cause. Noah chose to start the fight with Marlon. Allen was joking when he did that and the fight didn't start until Noah hit Marlon about 1 minute later. He didn't try to break the fight up and either did anyone else which is really the main point I'm trying to make. If he tried to keep the fight going and others tried to stop it then I think there would be a case against him but right now I see everyone else in the house as just as guilty as Allen.
Ydoc
6/11/07 5:54:29PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

I wouldn't say he was the cause. Noah chose to start the fight with Marlon.

No, Marlon throwing Noah down in his chair started the fight.

As for the fight I'd care if it was a fight he could win to slowly build him up I'd be upset, but he's going to get killed.
Aether
6/11/07 6:02:53PM
again... he didn't _CAUSE_ the fight, he acted as a _CATALYST_ he actively encouraged it. There's a difference between causing, contributing, and doing nothing. Berube was _PART_ of the reason it happened and with the way Noah was talking I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't have taken it farther without that extra encouragement. He says flat out "I don't want to get kicked out of the house." and then monster is like "nah, you're not going to get kicked out" and pretends he's a referee starting a sanctioned fight.

He definitely contributed to the situation, which makes him more guilty than the people who did nothing whatsoever.
Aether
6/11/07 6:06:07PM
when I say "catalyst" I'm using it in the sense of an element added to a reaction that accelerates the process, not something that acts as an initial cause.

I should also add that I don't think he deserves to be banned from the UFC, because he played a much smaller role than the two who were actually fighting, but he deserved to get kicked out of the house for it.
Naturaldisaster
6/11/07 6:26:12PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

I wouldn't say he was the cause. Noah chose to start the fight with Marlon. Allen was joking when he did that and the fight didn't start until Noah hit Marlon about 1 minute later. He didn't try to break the fight up and either did anyone else which is really the main point I'm trying to make. If he tried to keep the fight going and others tried to stop it then I think there would be a case against him but right now I see everyone else in the house as just as guilty as Allen.

Not every one would be guilty. Because Manny (I think was inside) and so was gray. And when the fight started Corey and Joe went in because they didn't want anything to do with it. Allan kept eggin the fight on, Marlin started the fight when he threw noah off the chair, and noah shouldn't have hit marlin. so those 3 are discraces to MMA. Plus Allan really shouldn't be in UFC anyway because he said himself on the show the only reason he fights MMA is to get publicity and advertise for his restruant.
xthe_scottx
6/11/07 6:31:55PM
Gray was outside when the fight happened and walking away from a situation that you know you should stop like Corey and Joe did isn't a very smart choice IMO. If you see a child being hit by a parent, do you really think your justifeied in walking away because now you didn't make things worse? All I'm saying is that someone should have done something and since know one did, I can't really see Allen as the sole instigating witness.
Naturaldisaster
6/11/07 6:35:08PM
when joe and korey walked in the fight hadn't started yet, they walked in when they were out there talkin shit and marlin was talking about how great he was.

EDIT:
and Gray came out side and the end of the fight
xthe_scottx
6/11/07 6:46:38PM
No, Gray was outside from the start, he was the guy in the back with no shirt. And actually, Allen did try to keep it going as others said "should we stop it?" so he was a factor in the fight. I apologize and I was wrong.
Naturaldisaster
6/11/07 6:56:27PM

Posted by xthe_scottx

No, Gray was outside from the start, he was the guy in the back with no shirt. And actually, Allen did try to keep it going as others said "should we stop it?" so he was a factor in the fight. I apologize and I was wrong.

oh i didn't realized gray was out there the whole time I though he came out near the end. but yeah allan kept stirring everything up.
But its cool