Alistair overeem vs Sergei Kharitonov Rematch 17 SEPTEMBER, Yokohama.

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alistair overeem vs Sergei Kharitonov Rematch 17 SEPTEMBER, Yokohama.
macau
9/6/07 10:39:23AM
Insider news, In russian
?????? ????????? 17 ???????? ?? ??????? Heros ? ???????? ?????????? ? ???????????? ??????? ? ????????? ????????. ? ??????? 2006 ??? ????? ??? ??????????? ? ?????? ???????? ????? ??-?? ?????????? ?????? ?????????? ?? ?? ?????? ?????? ???.

Sergei kharitonov will have long awaited rematch with Alistair where he suffered his heaviest injury in his career at their first battle.
Sergei will start to train with Golden Glory after this fight.

The card is up on hero's website, but it will get updated soon with more fights including this one.

DoTheMMAth
9/6/07 11:40:08AM
Source please?

Good news if it does indeed happen!

Thanks for sharing
jgtribbett
9/6/07 12:09:12PM
yeah i'm all about watching both those guys fight... sergey is a machine and alister is really intertaining. too bad they prolly never come over to UFC
ffforgottenx
9/6/07 12:25:27PM
this seems kind of strange, seeing as sergei just joined up with golden glory..
kaduey
9/6/07 2:04:27PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

this seems kind of strange, seeing as sergei just joined up with golden glory..

good point. I think if they do fight Sergei takes it in mma but Overeem takes it K-1 rules.
macau
9/6/07 2:46:26PM

Posted by macau

Insider news, In russian
?????? ????????? 17 ???????? ?? ??????? Heros ? ???????? ?????????? ? ???????????? ??????? ? ????????? ????????. ? ??????? 2006 ??? ????? ??? ??????????? ? ?????? ???????? ????? ??-?? ?????????? ?????? ?????????? ?? ?? ?????? ?????? ???.

Sergei kharitonov will have long awaited rematch with Alistair where he suffered his heaviest injury in his career at their first battle.
Sergei will start to train with Golden Glory after this fight.

The card is up on hero's website, but it will get updated soon with more fights including this one.

Please visit kharitonov official website, or people woh can contact him from it,

http://kharitonov.mmaru.de

Its in russian, but in the download section there is kharitonov vs peter mulder in HQ format.
billycarnage
9/6/07 3:12:18PM
Overeem needs to get his ass in shape and fight in the ufc i think he belongs in the cage.
babalu2720
9/6/07 3:24:32PM
I agree that its weird how they will fight and then kiss up and be friends...and i'm a little confused i know K-1 is kickboxing, but is K-1 Heroes normal MMA, if so what rules will this fight be contested under....
ffforgottenx
9/6/07 3:56:32PM

Posted by babalu2720

I agree that its weird how they will fight and then kiss up and be friends...and i'm a little confused i know K-1 is kickboxing, but is K-1 Heroes normal MMA, if so what rules will this fight be contested under....

hero's is the MMA branch of K-1, you can read their rules here bro.. it's basically the unified rules, but without elbows.. skip down to article 8 to read what is not allowed
babalu2720
9/6/07 5:42:29PM

Posted by ffforgottenx

Posted by babalu2720

hero's is the MMA branch of K-1, you can read their rules here bro.. it's basically the unified rules, but without elbows.. skip down to article 8 to read what is not allowed

Alright that's what i thougt, but i was just makin sure to avoid any other further confusion, Thanks Again
Svartorm
9/6/07 6:46:29PM

Posted by billycarnage

Overeem needs to get his ass in shape and fight in the ufc i think he belongs in the cage.

In shape? The guy is in great shape. He cuts too much weight to make LHW though. Being as Sergei is heavyweight, it shouldn't be a problem.
jay98107
9/7/07 12:24:14AM

Posted by Svartorm

Posted by billycarnage

In shape? The guy is in great shape. He cuts too much weight to make LHW though. Being as Sergei is heavyweight, it shouldn't be a problem.

I think in shape would entail being able to fight at your best level for more than 5 minutes, which he cannot do.
Svartorm
9/7/07 12:38:34AM
Hes never had a problem with it at HW from what I've seen. He gasses easily as a LHW, but hes a monster at LHW.