Alistair Overeem and other select UFC 146 fighters undergo surprise drug test post press conference

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alistair Overeem and other select UFC 146 fighters undergo surprise drug test post press conference
sparky
3/27/12 9:36:20PM
The Heavyweight fighters who participated at today's (March 27, 2012) UFC 146 press conference in Las Vegas, Nevada, got a little bit more than they bargained for at the conclusion of the promotional festivities.

According to MMA Fighting, Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) director, Keith Kizer, administered a random drug test on all fighters in attendance, which included Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) Heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos, Alistair Overeem, Cain Velasquez, Frank Mir, Roy Nelson and Antonio Silva.

"We brought the drug test to them instead of making them go to the drug test. If they were not in Las Vegas, I would need to find them a lab, which is of course, much more of a hassle."

Random indeed.

Link
george112
3/27/12 9:47:53PM
Fighters can't really be mad. They only have something to worry about if their not clean. Otherwise good to go
papercut
3/27/12 9:51:31PM
haha this was posted in the comments section about "Overeems reaction to the random drug test"

grappler0000
3/27/12 10:46:31PM
Guys who cycle will be avoiding getting on Nevada cards at all costs now.
Playground_Samurai
3/27/12 11:00:14PM
Two outlandish scenarios

1. Everyone besides Roy Nelson fails.

2. Everyone besides Roy Nelson passes.
Bubbles
3/27/12 11:21:52PM
from Roy Nelson's facebook: JDS, Big Foot & Big Country waiting the results from our pee tests. I hope I pass.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
RhythmAndStyle
3/28/12 12:49:32AM
i actually like this move by Kizer..but please start doin something bout the scoring system...
prophecy033
3/28/12 3:07:25AM

Posted by Bubbles

from Roy Nelson's facebook: JDS, Big Foot & Big Country waiting the results from our pee tests. I hope I pass.

looks like Silva and Dos Santos pulled some dude from under the bridge
landstander
3/28/12 4:28:54AM
Whos wife did overeem f@#$?
This whole PED situation is a mess. Some fighters are allowed to use them but others leave their toilet seat permanently down cos every time they piss there's someone from the Nevada state athletics commission holding a cup.
airkerma
3/28/12 9:35:26AM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Bubbles

looks like Silva and Dos Santos pulled some dude from under the bridge

He's been following the sport for years, watching illegal streams and stealing wireless internets from under his bridge. He's JDS' #1 fan and he finally got a picture with his idol.
Kpro
3/28/12 10:33:49AM

Posted by landstander

This whole PED situation is a mess. Some fighters are allowed to use them but others leave their toilet seat permanently down cos every time they piss there's someone from the Nevada state athletics commission holding a cup.

Kizer has been watching illegal streams from oversea's over the years and witnessed Overeem's body transformation that way, and doesn't feel it was natural.
KungFuMaster
3/28/12 12:11:55PM
Isn't this the second time Overeem has been randomly tested? I guess the question is - is it really random?
Manak
3/28/12 7:23:05PM
i don't see why they don't test every fighter, outside the cost. no reason not to.
Pookie
3/28/12 7:52:37PM

Posted by landstander

Everyone's, i assume.
jae_1833
3/28/12 11:09:57PM
I think a mandatory random test policy should be for all the fighters, and of course a pre and post fight drug test.
tcunningham
3/29/12 2:06:19AM
i think everyone will pass including the reem.