Alistair Overeem: UFC heavyweight champ Junior Dos Santos is afraid to fight me

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alistair Overeem: UFC heavyweight champ Junior Dos Santos is afraid to fight me
prophecy033
7/8/12 3:21:49PM
Former Strikeforce champ Alistair Overeem is ready to put the frustration of a failed drug screen behind him, and after a fruitful meeting with Dana White, it appears UFC brass is comfortable doing the same.

And while an NSAC ruling means Overeem can't compete in the octagon until late December at the absolute earliest, that isn't the stopping the "Demolition Man" from making plans – and challenges.

"Junior Dos Santos is the champion for a reason," Overeem said. "But I'm going to get my hands on him, and when I do, he's all mine."

Link
george112
7/8/12 3:26:02PM
This is JDSs face when he read this article

jae_1833
7/8/12 3:35:07PM
I think Overeem takes this so long as it happens before he is a decade past his retirement years.....I hate for a fight to get pushed back too long....that crap robbed us of an even better Wand vs Chuck....learn from that and produce the damn fight!
Twenty20Dollars
7/8/12 3:40:55PM
Yes, because JDS was the one who was not able to fight that night.
FastKnockout
7/8/12 3:46:49PM
Oh, Overerm..
JLS1980
7/8/12 4:01:34PM
Overeem is full of it. JDS was gonna fight him @146. Thinks to the guy that JDS is supposedly afraid to fight they had to totally change every Main Card fight. And if I remember currectly it wasn't JDs's fault.

Can't wait for this fight and for Reem to get his head cracked.
Budgellism
7/8/12 6:55:48PM
JDS isn't afraid, he just wants to make sure you're not going to be a big fat cheater when you actually do fight...

JDS all day long in that fight. Haven't for a second thought Overeem was going to take this fight. I just can't see it.
Bubbles
7/8/12 11:32:41PM

Posted by Budgellism

JDS isn't afraid, he just wants to make sure you're not going to be a big fat cheater when you actually do fight...

JDS all day long in that fight. Haven't for a second thought Overeem was going to take this fight. I just can't see it.

punches, knees, kicks, elbows, clinch work vs punches. That is how Overeem can, and imo will, win
prozacnation1978
7/8/12 11:44:45PM
You fail a drug test and he is afraid to face you
You cheat to get a advantage in a fight
Very funny
Pookie
7/8/12 11:53:36PM
With Overeems recent troubles, you know the commission is going to have surprise piss-tests waiting for him if they make the fight again.

With that, Overeem won't be the same fighter. His cycle will be all fucked up and so he won't be at the condition he usually is. Tough variables going against Reem in a fight that already is a tough fight for him stylistically.
Adrenaline
7/9/12 6:03:16AM

Posted by Pookie

With that, Overeem won't be the same fighter. His cycle will be all fucked up and so he won't be at the condition he usually is.

Be real with this PED nonsense Pookie, we all know that Overeem just ate an exceptionally virile horse prior to his surprise test.
Boo_Radley21
7/9/12 11:18:47AM
Lol...still pretty excited for this fight
papercut
7/9/12 1:43:01PM
I wouldn't say JDS is scared. but I also wouldn't say anyone WANTS to fight overeem.