Alistair Overeem Defeats Peter Aerts at K-1 World GP 2009

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alistair Overeem Defeats Peter Aerts at K-1 World GP 2009
ThaAxeMurderer7
9/26/09 8:55:58PM
Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem continued to look impressive during his recent expedition into the Olympics of kickboxing as he edged out 3X K-1 World Grand Prix champion Peter Aerts in a hard fought unanimous decision.

The two faced off during the K-1 World Grand Pix 2009 Final 16 in Seoul, Korea.

Link
hotrodttt
9/26/09 9:06:40PM
Alistair looked really good in that fight, It wasn't really hard fought on the part of Aerts, it was a one sided fight. And Schilt's Tim Sylvia like style triumphed over Ghita's leg kicks. I really wish Ghita would have ko'd him.
Jackelope
9/26/09 9:31:00PM
Didn't see it.. but man am I ever impressed with Alistair Overeem. I've still got my questions about the very rapid weight gain/muscle mass gain, but even if that is the case you still have to admit that what he's accomplished over the last couple of years is nothing short of amazing.

Can't wait to see him back in MMA action.
postman
9/26/09 9:59:37PM

Posted by hotrodttt

Alistair looked really good in that fight, It wasn't really hard fought on the part of Aerts, it was a one sided fight. And Schilt's Tim Sylvia like style triumphed over Ghita's leg kicks. I really wish Ghita would have ko'd him.

He had him on rubber leg for a second but that third round did Ghita in. He will be back next time around he is the future.
TimW001
9/26/09 10:07:58PM
Great to hear!

I like Alistair.
jae_1833
9/26/09 10:39:09PM
Overeem needs to come back to MMA too though. I think he is one of the few HW fighters outside of the UFC that are worthy of fighting in the octogon.
UFC fighters I'd love to see him face: Gonzaga, Kongo, Mir, Big Nog, and Junior Dos Santos!
postman
9/26/09 10:51:29PM

Posted by jae_1833

Overeem needs to come back to MMA too though. I think he is one of the few HW fighters outside of the UFC that are worthy of fighting in the octogon.
UFC fighters I'd love to see him face: Gonzaga, Kongo, Mir, Big Nog, and Junior Dos Santos!

It prob won't be till next year since he moved on.
xdanish020
9/26/09 11:06:01PM
He'll fight Fedor in 2010 as long as Fedor continues to win.