Alistair Overeem: “I do see myself defeating Brock Lesnar”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alistair Overeem: “I do see myself defeating Brock Lesnar”
Next Page »
MMAcca
11/27/08 12:59:23PM
Alistair Overeem has reinvented himself since making the move up to the heavyweight division. The Dutch fighter has gone undefeated in his last five fights while obtaining the Strikeforce heavyweight championship along the way. Big wins over big names have turned many heads and have many mentioning Overeem’s name when discussing the sports top heavyweights, as both UFC veteran Paul Buentello and former PRIDE veteran Mark Hunt have both fallen victim to “The Demolition Man” in recent outings.

LINK
cmb19932
11/27/08 1:26:09PM
um no
Jackelope
11/27/08 1:26:18PM
I see him doing it, too. I would love to see Lesnar face a good striker
cmill21
11/27/08 1:32:14PM
He's a bad match up for Lesnar. He's big, he can fight off his back, and he can strike.
finnish_line
11/27/08 1:34:49PM

He looked enormous when he was facing CroCop. I can't imagine him fighting at 205. Wow.

I think Brock could smother him though.
bojangalz
11/27/08 1:49:26PM
Yeah, I like Alistair. But I also wonder a bit about the explosion in size. He doesn't look at all like a guy who used to fight at 205

I'm not a Brock fan. But I'd love to see just about anyone fight him. I'm curious to see how far his freekish physical gifts can carry him before he gets a full grasp of the MMA game.
Porch28
11/27/08 2:02:25PM
Brock is only getting better
kris_ericson
11/27/08 2:03:12PM
the only person i think might have a chance of beating Brock would be shane carwin
bojangalz
11/27/08 2:33:29PM

Posted by kris_ericson

the only person i think might have a chance of beating Brock would be shane carwin

Better get your flame suit on before you start talking like that.
dmfp
11/27/08 3:24:35PM
Overeems problem hawe always been his cardio, Its yet to be tested at heawyweight!
kris_ericson
11/27/08 4:43:39PM

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by kris_ericson

Better get your flame suit on before you start talking like that.

im not sayin brock will lose, if they were to fight i would definately pick lesnar to win, im just saying that it would be close
soundboy1
11/27/08 4:47:05PM
I really want to hate Brock Lesnar. But I really can't see anyone knocking him out. I doubt AO will be able to control him in the clinch. He is just too explosive. The only chance anyone has is to catch him in a submission. Or maybe his knee will blow out walking to the octagon.......
mrsmiley
11/27/08 5:48:53PM
I think Overeem can do it.

But for that matter,I think Brocks worst nightmere isn't a guy that can fight off his back,but a guy that can side step,avoid his He-Man punches,throw a combination then a thigh kick,then side step again.
I gott agree with Cmill on this one.
bls1919
11/27/08 7:23:34PM

Posted by kris_ericson

Man can i get some of the shite your puffin..........plaese? Overeem would have a good shot at beating brock. This is coming from a guy who really dislike Alistair right now, with his disrespectfdul shite towrd Mirko. Randy is the only one who has tested Brocks chin. Not a big test. Not that randy is a puss but Overeem is a very powerful puncher and has great standup. As for the Carwin comment, I think a fight between him and brock ends up with Shane on his back eating 25 lb elbows until he taps or the ref stops it.
Porch28
11/27/08 8:59:28PM
I bet Overeem thinks he can beat anybody if you ask him
cmill21
11/27/08 9:13:19PM

Posted by Porch28

Shocking....
HumanTarget
11/27/08 10:34:59PM

Posted by Porch28

Overeem would DESTORYYY Lesnar. Overeem has good subs and nasty stand up. Brocks reach wouldn't help him either considering the enormous size of Overeem.

Sorry, bad match up for Lesnar. I mean, really bad.
Sir_Karl
11/27/08 10:35:53PM

Good luck with that chief.
Rush
11/27/08 10:41:18PM
Since when did Overeem become good enough to be the UFC champion?

The only decent fighter he has beat in the last two and a half years was Hunt, not including the Crocop NC.
R-Bandd
11/27/08 11:22:03PM

Or maybe his knee will blow out walking to the octagon.......

TimW001
11/27/08 11:24:09PM
I really want to see Overeem in the UFC, he'd be a great addition. Especially with the UFC's Europe invasion.
haggiswashere
11/27/08 11:24:11PM

Posted by R-Bandd

Or maybe his knee will blow out walking to the octagon.......

THE BEST AVATAR EVER!!!!!!
Porch28
11/28/08 12:04:21AM
Why is everyone talking like they are going to fight anyway?
soundboy1
11/28/08 12:21:31AM
Is there any reason AO wouldn't sign with the UFC? he is definitely on top of his game right now.
MMAcca
11/28/08 1:29:23AM

Posted by HumanTarget

Overeem would DESTORYYY Lesnar.

Destory him ? Is that like taking all his books off him.......

EvenFlow
11/28/08 1:38:18AM
I'd love to see that one, Alistar picking shots and putting on a knee clinic, not to say Brock couldnt catch him or get a decision.Until I see Brock fight a dangerous striker I'm not sold that he has around standup skills yet. This fight wont really matter since Nog is gonna be the undisputed champ anyway.
voodoo-jitsu
11/28/08 4:16:36AM
i dont care who AO fights im rooting for the other guy
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/28/08 6:54:25AM
1st lets see if AO can get by CC, then and only then I'll be able to make a better prediction on the outcome of this AO vs Brock "dream match" "dream match" my *ss!!! I want AO to start defending his StrikeForce belt anyway,...

Does any1 know when the last time Overeem fought a guy in the top-ten??? (@ HW) if ever.... and what about LHW???
Rush
11/28/08 8:17:47AM

Posted by Bobby-B-Bonkers

Does any1 know when the last time Overeem fought a guy in the top-ten??? (@ HW) if ever.... and what about LHW???

This is the point I was making a few posts up. Here is the list of the last 4 top 10 guys he has fought. He lost all 4 fights.

Sergei Kharitonov
Mauricio Rua
Ricardo Arona
Antônio Rogério Nogueira
The-Don
11/28/08 11:10:41AM
if AO can avoid the take down He has a chance.. I'd see brock taking him down and just GnP him to a stoppage. And true brock is not awesome stand up guy but he is getting better his punches in teh randy fight were alot better then that looping bomb that hit Herring.. . Right now I'd call it 50/50 on who would win.. if I were a gambler.. though I pick brock Rd one by stoppage.
Pages: [1] 2