Alistair Overeem Calls Cro Cop a Faker

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alistair Overeem Calls Cro Cop a Faker
disorderlyvision
9/23/08 6:17:46PM
link

Knees to the groin aside, Alistair Overeem isn’t buying Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic’s claims that he could not continue during last night’s Dream.6 bout. Cro Cop’s anguish looked pretty genuine, and Overeem’s knees seemed intent on finding his testicles, but Fighters Only reports that the Dutchman thinks dude was faking it in order to get out of a beating:

“Tonight I was kicking his ass, I destroyed him. …The first knee was in the crotch but the second was not. CroCop just didn’t want to fight anymore.”

“I think he underestimated me, but if he wants to fight again, I’ll fight him again. I’d like to finish him.”

Overeem was dominating the fight. That much seems apparent, though Cro Cop would have us believe that he was just biding his time and waiting for the right moment to stop getting his ass kicked.

But whatever you think of Cro Cop and his ethical code, that knee strike was clearly in the groin neighborhood. A cursory examination of the video evidence proves that much. Even if Overeem feels that he didn’t get him right on the buttons, as it were, he’s got to concede that Cro Cop might have been just a little extra sensitive in the testicular region at that point in the fight, seeing as how he’d already been nailed there. Nobody likes to see a fight end like that, especially the guy who leaves the ring with one of his testicles inside his body, but let’s give him the benefit of the doubt on this one.
postman
9/23/08 6:25:00PM
Yeah Didn't he take shots from both GG and Kongo too? Might make a guy a little gun shy if every guy he fights puts one on his nuts.
sparky
9/23/08 6:39:26PM
Overeem won that fight!!!!!
the shots in the nuts were not on purpose but they happened so I understand Mirko was in pain.

Mirko needs to take the rematch so we can have an end to that fight because I believe Overeem is climbing in that division and this was an unfortunate accident that cost him a chance to rise in the heavy weight division!
Jackelope
9/23/08 7:01:52PM
Jesus, man... Crocop's nuts are going to be inducted alongside Joe Son's! This guy has taken more shots to the groin than almost anyone else (I'm talking about you- Joe!)
emac_cleary
9/23/08 7:06:15PM
im with overeem on this one
FrankTheTank1181
9/23/08 7:07:19PM
Someone should have told Overeem that this was an MMA match and not a Roshambo match.
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/23/08 7:09:40PM

Posted by emac_cleary

im with overeem on this one

u ever tried to do ANYTHING w/ a nut knocked inside of u? (women do this all the time, whats the big deal?)
but seriously
been there, done that & its one of the most uncomfortable feelings a man can have

btw, am i the only one who has noticed that overeem seems to have taken his publicity & interview lessons from tito ortiz? guess its jsut one more fighter for me to dislike......

telnights
9/23/08 7:12:39PM
And that's the reason I cant stand Alistair Overeem. Its never his fault and if he losses there always an excuse.
coldchillin
9/23/08 7:31:53PM
I can't argue the fact that Overeem was easily kicking his ass before any of it happened... but it did, a no contest had to be ruled even if Mirko found a way out because he was getting beat down before it happened, so why would he continue?

I say give us a rematch but I doubt Mirko would be so willing to give Alistair one because Overeem just looked to be the better overall fighter hands down.

*boo Dream for not showing the Sergei fight on the replay today*
Porch28
9/23/08 8:09:55PM
Hate to say it but I believe Overeem who I also think has been on a nice resurgence of late. Good to see
Naturaldisaster
9/23/08 9:06:58PM

Posted by sparky

Overeem won that fight!!!!!
the shots in the nuts were not on purpose but they happened so I understand Mirko was in pain.

Mirko needs to take the rematch so we can have an end to that fight because I believe Overeem is climbing in that division and this was an unfortunate accident that cost him a chance to rise in the heavy weight division!

overeem didnt win that fight. (he was winning) but you cant give him the win, especially since it was an illegal strike that caused the fight to end. I dont think he did it on purpose and I definitly dont think cro cop was fakin. the no contest was fair
loffspring
9/23/08 9:15:03PM
Cro cop has taken more shots to the pills in the last few yeas than any man should ever have too. Good thing he already has a kid cause his boys may not swim right after this.

P.S screw Overeem
HumanTarget
9/23/08 9:20:01PM
Oh so Overeem wins because they only fought for HOW long? Not even the first round. There was at least 10 mins left. Rematch and no nut shots this time.

Remember Cro Cop V Nog? Cro cop was dominating till he got armbarred. Imagine if cro cop had kneed nog in the nuts. People would have Mirko as the winner.
StriderXero
9/23/08 10:00:09PM
What is it with people and kneeing CroCop in the easter eggs? Do they have a knee magnet or something?
DevonFoxy
9/23/08 10:04:02PM
Sorry I don't know how you fake a retracted testicle......I didn't see him punch himself in the nuts and it went up there so I'm going to have to say it was probably Overeem's knee.....just a thought
Wolfenstein
9/23/08 10:07:43PM
Cro Cop was getting dominated, and there's no way he was going to turn it around. He was looking for a way out and he found it. I'm sure the groin shots hurt, but I think he could have continued.
DevonFoxy
9/23/08 10:13:45PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Cro Cop was getting dominated, and there's no way he was going to turn it around. He was looking for a way out and he found it. I'm sure the groin shots hurt, but I think he could have continued.

I would have to disagree This is Why
Naturaldisaster
9/23/08 11:02:16PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

it landed square against his balls. I think if he wanted to find a way out of the fight he might have found a slightly less painful way.
Sam_Rothstein
9/23/08 11:27:44PM
Ovareem was winning the fight and probably would of won the fight if he had not done that.

For Ovareem to say that to makes me lose any respect I had for the guy. I don't know how many of you guys have even jokingly been hit in the nuts but I have and I can tell you that it is one of the worst feelings in the world.

I would rather bend over and let ovareem knee me in the face 10 times than take even of those knee's to the balls. I know this might seem like I am exagerrating but it isnt.
cmill21
9/23/08 11:58:18PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Yeah he directed Overeems knee to his nuts. No he hadn't looked great but had that head kick landed the fight would have been over, how do you know that Cro Cop coulden't land that kick flush later in round one or two? Or landed one of his huge lefts? It's not like Cro Cop lacks finish my friend. lol
Aaronno9
9/24/08 3:32:39AM
The thing is, its not like allister only hit cro cop with 2 knees to the balls, im pretty sure i saw at least 4 but the ref didnt step in the other 2 times. Id like to see anybody whos agreeing with allister take those shots the the balls then beable to continue a fight.
xAcidburNx
9/24/08 4:46:51AM

Posted by Aaronno9

The thing is, its not like allister only hit cro cop with 2 knees to the balls, im pretty sure i saw at least 4 but the ref didnt step in the other 2 times. Id like to see anybody whos agreeing with allister take those shots the the balls then beable to continue a fight.

ye man I saw 3 for sure. like the first one where cro cop was like "wtf" and the ref did nothing. overeem didnt even look at the ref to get the go ahead he just ran in there and tried to tool him like frank trigg did to matt hughes. after 3 shot in one night I would be like "F*** you man I aint fightin someone whos aiming for my balls." calling cro cop a faker when the doctor says, Hey your testical has retracted back up into your body, im sorry but you cant continue, pretty much makes you a tool.
jiujitsufreak74
9/24/08 8:21:48AM
Allistar should have just kept quiet. all you have to do is watch the replays, and if you don't winec everytime he throws a knee you obviously don't have any balls
prozacnation1978
9/24/08 9:20:20AM
cro cop just isn't the same fighter like he was in pride
mrsmiley
9/24/08 11:51:30AM
Man I love CC just as much as the next die hard MMA fan,but I think this was his last testement to see if he still had it in him.
Crocop was at one time one of the most feared strikers in the game,but watching his fight with Overeem all most just seemed like he was acting too 2 dimensional the whole time.
Sure he's got kicks from hell,but when an opponent can study tapes of you competing in all your matches nearly the same you're going to have to step it up a notch or two and bring a few new tricks to the table.

Maybe i'm just venting because i'm a huge Crocop fan,but I wish we could have gotten more out of him.
DevonFoxy
9/24/08 2:50:52PM

Yea what a faker total pansy