Anyone see Alien VS Predator Requiem?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Anyone see Alien VS Predator Requiem?
mrsmiley
12/28/07 6:41:12AM
Saw it last night.

It was far from being a master piece like it should have been,but I wouldn't say it was as bad as all the critics made it out to be.Had some decent action scenes and the Predator absolutley kicked ass.
tlangley
12/28/07 9:56:30PM
i forgot all about this movie cming out this week. I'm gonna have to go se it.
ufcboss
12/29/07 12:17:48AM
I thought it was good, I got what I wanted to see
Red blood
Green blood
Yellow blood !
hippysmacker
12/29/07 12:53:44AM
Was definitely rated R. Really brutal, more than I expected it to ne. I liked it, but I agree that it could have been better.
Kpro
12/29/07 1:35:56AM

Posted by mrsmiley

Had some decent action scenes and the Predator absolutley kicked ass.

Shouldn't he have been preparing for Machida?
mrsmiley
12/29/07 6:58:06AM

Posted by Kpro

Posted by mrsmiley

Had some decent action scenes and the Predator absolutley kicked ass.

Shouldn't he have been preparing for Machida?

LOL.Well the Aliens were his training.However,their's one thing Machida is going to try that the aliens couldn't prepare him for.That's fighting to a judges decision!!!

Rush
12/29/07 12:26:49PM

Posted by hippysmacker

Was definitely rated R. Really brutal, more than I expected it to ne. I liked it, but I agree that it could have been better.

Really? I expect it to be brutal. Hell, the trailer was rated R. lol

I want to see this one, but I might have to wait until it comes out on video. The wife is not too pro on seeing this one.
Rush
1/1/08 9:55:27PM
ok, I saw it today.

Here is my low down.... (spoilers may apply)

Pros:

- The predator was cool, as always, with cool gadgets. It's always nice to see more of the Predator home world

-It was a nice idea to still keep some continuity with the Aliens and Predator stories. i.e. We got to see Ms. Yutani at the end.

- Unlike the first AvP, we got to see appropriate violence that makes the Aliens and Predator true to their character

Cons

- I never thought I would say this, but, at times the movie was too violent. There were a couple scenes that could've been toned down and the movie wouldn't have changed at all. I mean, the maternity ward scene was a little over the top IMO.

- I thought the action scenes were a little sloppy. The predator seemed a little too fallible at times.

- I didn't care for the hybrid alien and how it "impregnated" the humans. I thought it was a cheesy way to speed up the pace of the film, which was too fast and too short.

- I thought there was an overuse of elements from other Aliens and Predator. It came off as a replacement for anything original and really showed the lack of directing experience.

All in all, I'd give it a 5/10 as a movie, but I am a huge Predator fan so I will get this one on DVD.
Gladiator
1/2/08 1:16:56AM

Posted by Rush

ok, I saw it today.

Here is my low down.... (spoilers may apply)

Pros:

- The predator was cool, as always, with cool gadgets. It's always nice to see more of the Predator home world

-It was a nice idea to still keep some continuity with the Aliens and Predator stories. i.e. We got to see Ms. Yutani at the end.

- Unlike the first AvP, we got to see appropriate violence that makes the Aliens and Predator true to their character

Cons

- I never thought I would say this, but, at times the movie was too violent. There were a couple scenes that could've been toned down and the movie wouldn't have changed at all. I mean, the maternity ward scene was a little over the top IMO.

- I thought the action scenes were a little sloppy. The predator seemed a little too fallible at times.

- I didn't care for the hybrid alien and how it "impregnated" the humans. I thought it was a cheesy way to speed up the pace of the film, which was too fast and too short.

- I thought there was an overuse of elements from other Aliens and Predator. It came off as a replacement for anything original and really showed the lack of directing experience.

All in all, I'd give it a 5/10 as a movie, but I am a huge Predator fan so I will get this one on DVD.

im a huge fan of both the aliens and predator movies and overall i was pretty pleased with this movie, especially when u compare it to the first avp . i think the first 15 minutes of the movie are the best, as mentioned above, its always awesome to see more of the predator homeworld and i agree 100% that the way the hybrid impregnated the humans was a lame way to speed up the process iwas very upset there was no queen alien. another avp would be nice but at this point i would rather see alien 5 and predator 3.
Rush
1/2/08 9:45:27AM
Was it just me or did the hybrid only go after women?

I can recall four men that had their chest burst, but they were all impregnated by face huggers.