Alexander Wants Shot At Bisping

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alexander Wants Shot At Bisping
zephead
9/27/07 2:30:20PM
I'll fight whoever the UFC puts in front of me." That quote should sound vaguely familiar to fight fans.

LINK
sauce3200
9/27/07 2:36:23PM
I'd love to see that fight. Alexander will destroy him very quickly. Too much power.
donzpimp
9/27/07 2:44:54PM
Alexander is a beast I want to see someone test him though either take him to the gound or go past the first round with him I am not sure that will actually happen though
TNunley
9/27/07 2:50:51PM
I'd love to see that fight... Bisping had a really tough fight against Hammill, and before that fight Hammill was definitely not known for his striking. I think Alexander could take this one.
silverbullet
9/27/07 3:26:32PM
Two overrated fighters going against one another, I could see Bisping taking this one.
loonytnt
9/27/07 3:38:46PM
alexander would beat bisping imo by KO
xxdeadpoolxx
9/27/07 3:57:33PM
I think Bisping is the weakest link in the division and would like to see this fight. But a fight against someone like Bonnar who imo has never really had a good test would be good too.
wrona666
9/27/07 4:00:13PM
I would love to see Alexander smash Bispings big mouth. The only way i could see Bisping win that fight is by submission, but Alexander is way too powerful for him. Alexander KO rd 1.
wapttn
9/27/07 4:36:20PM

Posted by silverbullet

Two overrated fighters going against one another, I could see Bisping taking this one.

hahaha.. i swear.. half ur posts are just to piss people off

I think bisping was proven to be overrated when he lost the standup battle to someone who was considered to be a pure wrestler so i agree there, but I dont think houston alexander is overrated by any means. Two impressive first round KOs. Nobody has tested his ground game, but his standup is deadly whether its in the clinch, against the fence or with space.

Do you really think that the standup game of someone who lost to hamill can match up to someone who KOed jardine and sakara?
roman
9/27/07 5:46:29PM

Posted by silverbullet

What are your thoughts on the TUF fighters who beat Liddell and Shogun?????? Still think they are overratted?

Anyways I would love to see Alexander KO Bisping.
fullfighting
9/27/07 7:41:29PM
This is a good fight, I hope it happens.
zephead
9/27/07 7:51:59PM

Posted by wapttn

Posted by silverbullet

I think bisping was proven to be overrated when he lost the standup battle to someone who was considered to be a pure wrestler so i agree there, but I dont think houston alexander is overrated by any means. Two impressive first round KOs. Nobody has tested his ground game, but his standup is deadly whether its in the clinch, against the fence or with space.

Do you really think that the standup game of someone who lost to hamill can match up to someone who KOed jardine and sakara?

Sure does seem that half his posts are to piss people off.
Sam_Rothstein
9/27/07 8:09:19PM
if bisping strikes with alexander im predicting a tko in round 1

if bisping takes it to the ground, who knows ive never seen alexander on the ground for more then 15 seconds and michael bisping almost got submitted by a beat down elvis sinosic
StevieC
9/27/07 8:22:36PM

Posted by sauce3200

I'd love to see that fight. Alexander will destroy him very quickly. Too much power.

I totally agree, Bisping lost the fight to Hamill and Hamill landed some good shots. Alexander would pick Bisping apart like no tomorrow....

Dana White is too high on this guy(Bisping) someone needs to knock his ass out because I don't think he competes with at least 17 fighters I know of right now....In totally random order....

Rampage
Hendo
Sokoudjou
Jardine
Liddell
Machida
Silva
Shogun
Griffin
Evans
Ortiz
Alexander
Nogueira
Bonnar (ya I said it, Bonnar would beat his ass)
Lambert
Sobral
and ofcourse Matt Hamill, why? Because he truely won that fight...

There are few more but I can think of them all....O ya Arona too! So that would make 18.

I would actually like to see Thiago Silva fight Bisping, it would be a good stepping stone for Silva to move up in the light-heavy divison....

gamez0932
9/27/07 8:32:29PM
alexander would definitly win this fight... when hamill was going after bisping bisping got gun shy and looked like a deer caught in headlights.. he's the one who likes to be coming foward and likes to push the pace but he didnt against hamill and arguably lost that fight..... and alexander always pushes the action.
buckndro
9/28/07 12:21:27AM
mr. houston hands down i say bisping wouldnt have enough power to stand with em an dont think he would be able to take him down as easy an seems houston has a strong chin
jgtribbett
9/28/07 8:42:29AM
i think alexander will beat bisbing in one or two rounds... i bisbing weinning.. and i'd like to see hammill vs griffin too
CornishMMA
9/28/07 9:54:39AM
Im loving the Houston nuthuggery thats going on, it was apparent before his fight with Sakara but now it is rife!!!! I give the guy props for hitting very hard, but surely anybody can see the guy has a gastank comparable to akebono with a punctured lung, he was breathing heavy talking to rogan both times

BUT while i absolutely hate Bisping and think he is a poor fighter and a terrible poster boy for british mma (semtex would be SO much better) i would actually pick him to beat Houston, he would be smart enough to move around enough until he gets gassed then land enough to win a UD (that is if Houston doesnt collapse and let him GnP him in the mean time)
silverbullet
9/28/07 11:52:37AM

Posted by zephead

Posted by wapttn

Posted by silverbullet

Sure does seem that half his posts are to piss people off.

zephead are you still mad at me because of that time I said that one of the articles you posted was crappy? It sure seems like you're gunning for me.

It's a public forum, and I speak my mind, sorry if our opinions sometimes differ.
TNunley
9/28/07 4:30:28PM

Posted by CornishMMA

Im loving the Houston nuthuggery thats going on, it was apparent before his fight with Sakara but now it is rife!!!! I give the guy props for hitting very hard, but surely anybody can see the guy has a gastank comparable to akebono with a punctured lung, he was breathing heavy talking to rogan both times

BUT while i absolutely hate Bisping and think he is a poor fighter and a terrible poster boy for british mma (semtex would be SO much better) i would actually pick him to beat Houston, he would be smart enough to move around enough until he gets gassed then land enough to win a UD (that is if Houston doesnt collapse and let him GnP him in the mean time)

I'm not going to disagree with you, simply because I agree about the nuthugging. The guy is obviously a VERY hungry fighter, but I wanna wait and see him knock out some top competition since everyone now knows he's no joke, and you can't count him out.

About the heavy breathing... I dunno, hard to say his tank was empty just because he was breathing heavy. Like I mentioned before, he is a VERY hungry fighter, and he probably put everything he had into finishing both fights... just IMO I'll wait and see how he does when the fight goes longer than 1 round before I think his cardio is bad.
Vendetta
9/28/07 4:53:27PM
I'd think that Alexander would destroy him after seeing Bisping struggle with Hamill's stand up.
jae_1833
9/28/07 5:04:43PM
I don't care who they give to Houston...I'm watching!! That being said if they want to truley test him then they need to bring in someone with a strong chin, and some kind of clinch/ground game. Then we can see if he is a one trick pony or not!!
HulkRage
9/28/07 7:02:24PM
I would love to see this fight. Could be a good one.
Azzkiker
9/29/07 10:38:38AM
Bisping got exposed a little by hamill. If the ufc put the 2 fighters together bisping could get his ass handed to him in a hurry. only shot he has is getting that beast alexander to the ground.
TOMMYAYO05
10/1/07 1:28:27AM
I use to think bisping was a good fighter and i also had respect for him but after that hamill fight he clearly showed he is a complete asshole most of the time.I want to see this fight and im pretty positvie houston would smash on him because bisping cant handle being attacked and houston has shown he is devastating at that aspect of the game.
TOMMYAYO05
10/22/07 6:24:40PM
Houston would strait tko bisping no problem
OnesmoothJ
10/22/07 6:37:16PM
since TUF, Bisping's really not looked any what impressive... wonder if he'll even stay at 205 if he does lose to Rashad... give Houston someone higher up on the food chain... wonder how another Jardine fight would play out...but no doubt his two minutes in the octagon have been fun
TimW001
10/22/07 7:04:49PM
I'de defiantly support Houston in this one.