Alexander vs. Hunt: Great Matchup!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Alexander vs. Hunt: Great Matchup!
kublakhan
3/21/07 3:58:18PM
I personally think this would be an amazing matchup, mostly because of the size of the two fighters. I believe it would be better than Cro Cop vs. Arlovski or Wand vs. Chuck in terms of quality. The stand-up in this fight would be amazing.

Result (IMO): Too tough to call, but probably Hunt by decision
loller90278
3/21/07 4:10:06PM
alexander = aleks E?

in that case, aleks takes hunt to the ground like fedor and sub him in 1R (similar to barnett fight)
nellyhiphophead
3/21/07 4:36:35PM

Posted by loller90278

alexander = aleks E?

in that case, aleks takes hunt to the ground like fedor and sub him in 1R (similar to barnett fight)

i havn't seen much bjj from aleks befor and hurt is always getting better on the ground and takedown defence. i think it would be a killer stand up war with everytime mark picks up his leg aleks coming in wiht a right down the pipe. its a hard one to call i will wait untill it's made to be a match befor i make that pick.
loller90278
3/21/07 4:39:13PM

Posted by nellyhiphophead

Posted by loller90278

alexander = aleks E?

i havn't seen much bjj from aleks befor and hurt is always getting better on the ground and takedown defence. i think it would be a killer stand up war with everytime mark picks up his leg aleks coming in wiht a right down the pipe. its a hard one to call i will wait untill it's made to be a match befor i make that pick.

thats because aleks is versed in sambo and not bjj.
nellyhiphophead
3/21/07 4:40:31PM

Posted by loller90278

Posted by nellyhiphophead

Posted by loller90278

alexander = aleks E?

thats because aleks is versed in sambo and not bjj.

ok sorry but my point is i have seen him do much on the ground in the ones i have seen. he is more of a stand up guy.
pv3Hpv3p
3/21/07 5:09:15PM
More of a standup guy because he usually has a reach advantage and is obviously not afraid to stand and bang...

But Aleks is not dumb by any means... He knows that Hunt is in his element standing and trading punches/kicks, and I agree that AleksE. will take him down and do to him basically what Fedor did...

Not taking anything away from Hunt, I think that he's great and improving... Just my opinion, I guess...
loller90278
3/21/07 5:20:25PM
aleks vs nastula

that video shows some of the ground skills by aleks..
hes not as smooth transitioning as fedor, but he knows some mooves

(that kimura was nice)
Stickan
3/21/07 11:38:25PM
Hunt would decapitate Aleks standing so Aleks would rather bring the fight to the mat where he would end it Fedor-style.