Alexander Gustafsson vs. Gegard Mousasi likely for UFC on FUEL TV 9

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alexander Gustafsson vs. Gegard Mousasi likely for UFC on FUEL TV 9
FastKnockout
1/19/13 11:14:57AM
A light-heavyweight between Alexander Gustafsson and former Strikeforce champion Gegard Mousasi is targeted as the headliner of an April 6 event in Sweden, likely to be UFC on FUEL TV 9.

Link
Bubbles
1/19/13 11:22:48AM
this should be a great fight
jae_1833
1/19/13 11:30:48AM
I honestly see Gus taking this fight and solidifying his #1 contendership. Gegard is good, but even this "new" Gegard is not the same guy we saw a few years back. I think he should move back to MW and make a real run for the title.
sbulldavid
1/19/13 11:41:50AM
I think it's a good match-up for Gegard, not sure why Gegard is getting a push at 205 but I think he wins this fight , or maybe Gus wants the fight.
JoeWarren33
1/19/13 11:51:09AM
Hell yes!!!
sparky
1/19/13 12:00:49PM
Awesome fight

I'm not sure if this is the right move for Gegard the last thing you want is a loss in your first fight in the UFC.
bootyclause
1/19/13 12:03:03PM
I think Mousasi will get pushed as a contender because Jones has mostly cleared out the division already.

The grinders like Rashad, Phil Davis, Bader etc would probably beat Mousasi so I bet they try to avoid matching him up with guys like that.

I think Gegard and Gustaffson are both sort of overrated but Gegard has a real good shot to win.
Twenty20Dollars
1/19/13 12:18:20PM
Anyone think Gegard might drop to 185 if he gets beaten down at 205? He seems really small for 205 and probably doesn't want to cut the weight.

Gus takes this with his size.
Budgellism
1/19/13 12:22:47PM
Good fight. I think Gus will be too much for him though.
RhythmAndStyle
1/19/13 1:44:07PM
if Mousasi does what Shogun should have did and use LEG KICKS, then he'll slow down Alex foot movement and take his boxing from him..as Alex relies on his movement to set up his boxing and TD's..but Mousasi is a top kick boxer, and a better over all mma game then Alex..WAR Mousasi ur dues have been paid and its time!
airkerma
1/19/13 1:53:13PM
ummm AWESOME
pmoney
1/19/13 1:56:29PM
Sweet ass fight I'm rooting for gus all the way, although I do like Gegard
shaneTpain
1/19/13 1:57:28PM

Posted by airkerma

ummm AWESOME

jay98107
1/19/13 2:33:40PM
Well I'm glad the UFC thinks highly enough of Gegard to throw him right in there with a top 10 fighter. That being said, I don't know if he's big enough to win this. Talented enough yes, but he's better suited at 185
Wallass
1/19/13 2:50:24PM
I like this fight a lot and believe that Gustafsson's training with Phil Davis and his wrestling may help him get the "W" but Gegard is solid and if he can defeat a guy like Gus then it'll be hard to argue that he doesn't deserve the title shot.
SpiderSilva
1/19/13 4:12:29PM
This has Gustof-inator all the way
tcunningham
1/19/13 5:26:52PM

Posted by bootyclause

I think Mousasi will get pushed as a contender because Jones has mostly cleared out the division already.

The grinders like Rashad, Phil Davis, Bader etc would probably beat Mousasi so I bet they try to avoid matching him up with guys like that.

I think Gegard and Gustaffson are both sort of overrated but Gegard has a real good shot to win.

i agree, i dont see garard beating any of those guys either. i dont think he'll last with gustafsson either. gustafsson looked really good against shogun, and i think shogun was finally on his game that night.
1daveufc
1/20/13 11:48:09AM
like both fighters but a think gustafsson is going to be to much for mousasi.
Wolfenstein
1/20/13 12:43:34PM
Good matchup. I think if Gus is going to take this one, he'll have to use his wrestling. Right now I'd pick Gus because I haven't seen much takedown defense from Mousasi. He's a little too comfortable off his back, and a little too predictable. He has a really good triangle and armbar off his back--strikes really well from the bottom as well--but that's essentially the only attacks he employs from guard.