Alexander Gustafsson out at UFC 178, Daniel Cormier now meets Jon Jones

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alexander Gustafsson out at UFC 178, Daniel Cormier now meets Jon Jones
prophecy033
7/23/14 7:29:09PM
The rematch will have to wait, but UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones still has a big fight on the horizon.

Link
prozacnation1978
7/23/14 7:36:00PM
Thank god
I didn't wanna miss this in sept.
I'll make sure I go next year for this if Jones beats Cormier
Dberntson
7/23/14 7:49:02PM
Although I was looking forward to the Gus/JJ fight, this is a great replacement and I am just as excited to see this one. Assuming DC's knee is alright, I think he will take it. Just curious, did DC get his surgery or was it postponed? I assume it was postponed since this fight will be in 2 months.
prophecy033
7/23/14 7:50:08PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

Thank god
I didn't wanna miss this in sept.
I'll make sure I go next year for this if Jones beats Cormier

Thank God? I'm pissed cuz I wanted to see this rematch asap
prophecy033
7/23/14 7:51:23PM

Posted by Dberntson

Although I was looking forward to the Gus/JJ fight, this is a great replacement and I am just as excited to see this one. Assuming DC's knee is alright, I think he will take it. Just curious, did DC get his surgery or was it postponed? I assume it was postponed since this fight will be in 2 months.

If my memory serves me right Cormier decided against it.
nirvana184
7/23/14 8:04:56PM
Well, Jones did say he would rather face Cormier so I guess he got his wish. Time to see if that comes back and bites him in the ass.
aussiemma
7/23/14 8:19:40PM
Pretty much as excited for this as the gus fight. Good substitute.

Do not have a clue how this one will turn out.
FastKnockout
7/23/14 8:23:51PM
I'm not really a big fan of Cormier but I'll be rooting for him.
JoeWarren33
7/23/14 8:28:43PM
Fine by me, I think Cormier deserves it more any way ATM.

War Cormier!
telnights
7/23/14 8:36:11PM
It would have been better for DC to get knee fixed first before taking on Jones. But still should be good fight.
DrivenDavies15
7/23/14 9:33:27PM
This is cool with me. Was going to happen anyway and I'm sure Gus will be next. Anyone know the average timeframe of rehab for a torn meniscus?
I actually wanted to see this more tbh. I know Gus/Jones was FOTY and Gus could likely dethrone him, but Cormier 'aint getting any younger and I really want to see him tested against Jones. Both guys have definitely paid their dues and deserve it but I personally want to see Jones/Cormier more right now
SpiderSilva
7/23/14 11:08:03PM
DC knee has been bad his entire mma career from what he told Junkie radio.
sbulldavid
7/23/14 11:26:04PM
Even more pumped... I think Gus would have been more entertaining but this fight will be a battle of the best resume in the business and arguably the most dominant fighter in the business.
handyman293
7/23/14 11:36:27PM
Sucks for Gus, but good for DC. Can't wait for this to see how JJ does against a true hw.
SamPan
7/24/14 12:32:50AM
Got a gut feeling DC finishes Jones.
tildengolfer
7/24/14 1:14:56AM
So stoked to see this. It was a matter of time, honestly DC was next in line after Gus. All they're doing is swapping the order. I personally think Jones beats both, but DC has the better chance. I'm just surprised Greg Jackson didn't tell Jones to pull out.
Owens92x
7/24/14 8:45:31AM
GUS DUCKING JONES, BRO!
Kidding, kidding, Gus doesn't get the blind hate by people because he's no the champ (...yet).

I prefer to see DC vs Jones anyway.
GDPofMPG
7/24/14 11:44:06AM
Crazy, I hope DC knows what he is doing with his knee. But given what he has accomplished the past 5 years with a bum knee, I think he has what it takes to get by the knee teaps and eye pokes to defeat Jones.