Alexander Emelianenko announces retirement

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alexander Emelianenko announces retirement
sparky
12/19/12 12:05:37PM
Alexander Emel,ianenko the younger brother of heavyweight great Fedor Emelianenko, has announced his retirement from mixed martial arts.

In a post that ran on his website and Facebook page, Emelianenko, who went 21-6 in a nine-year career, said he would no longer be able to compete due to "health problems caused by old injuries."

The 31-year-old also thanked both his supporters and detractors for motivating him to succeed, and said he would be focusing more time on his family.

Link
sparky
12/19/12 12:07:11PM
I've always enjoyed to watch Fedor and Alexander compete. You know It's a sad day for Mixed Martial Arts when both Emelianenko brothers are gone
cowcatcher
12/19/12 12:12:28PM
The nostalgic side of me is sad to see him go, but he hasn't done a ton of fighting lately and he was always more potential than substance to me.

Rumor has it Jeff Monson is retiring too. I haven't seen anything confirming it yet, so for now it's just a rumor. The guard has been changing for awhile now, and soon all the old dogs will be gone.
jae_1833
12/19/12 1:07:48PM
I wish the two would collaborate on a documentary or book about their views/experiences with MMA conspiracy theories.....you know the Russian Mob and the Yakuza and all that crap with M-1/Pride etc.....I would love to hear if there is any truth behind all those theories.
I-GOT-THIS-PICK
12/19/12 2:43:37PM
It's a shame niether Emelianenko got to fight in the UFC.Both of them dudes were BAMF
shaneTpain
12/19/12 3:50:34PM

Posted by I-GOT-THIS-PICK

It's a shame niether Emelianenko got to fight in the UFC.Both of them dudes were BAMF

The Emalianenko bros never fighting in the UFC will forever be an MMA travesty
george112
12/19/12 4:24:01PM
to Aleksander
BillsNewAccount
12/19/12 5:51:03PM
Alex never made it to the UFC because his tats are too damn cool. Brock has a boner between his man tits (cock chestnar) and Alex has a baby holding a dagger to death's throat.

And don't get me started with all the dudes with tramp stamps.
MMAcca
12/19/12 6:32:22PM
I just hope he didn't ruin anybody's life when he was fighting.......
george112
12/19/12 6:37:41PM

Posted by MMAcca

I just hope he didn't ruin anybody's life when he was fighting.......

Yeah I know what you mean. That would suck balls. I wouldn't even put people at risk if I had something like that
spang714
12/19/12 6:43:57PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

Alex never made it to the UFC because his tats are too damn cool. Brock has a boner between his man tits (cock chestnar) and Alex has a baby holding a dagger to death's throat.

And don't get me started with all the dudes with tramp stamps.

I think I read somewhere that he (Alex) got those tattoos in prison, and most of them have some sort of meaning...not sure tho
BuffaloDave
12/19/12 9:23:33PM
Doesn't he have Hep C or something like that??
jae_1833
12/19/12 9:57:26PM
Those last two statements are old....real old rumors. The tat thing became a rumor after the movie Eastern Promises came out.....the Hep C thing came around when he failed to get allowed to fight i want the US and everyone was quiet about the commisions reason why. Know one really knows the truth about if he has been to prison, if he is tied to the Russian Mob, or if he has any diseases at all.