Alex Emelianenko will be Champ by 2009!!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Alex Emelianenko will be Champ by 2009!!!
kublakhan
3/20/07 9:07:43PM
I know he's coming off a few unfortunate losses in the the last year or so, but I believe Alex will be the Heavyweight Champion in whatever organization Fedor isn't in. Alex will grow exponentially the next 2 years and will become one of the most dominate champions in MMA history. Mark my words.
Stickan
3/20/07 9:40:16PM
Why?
waylon_o
3/20/07 9:41:47PM
I really like Alex, but saying all that is a little much...I can see him being champ somewhere maybe, but probably not for very long
JoeMimic
3/20/07 9:46:32PM
Maybe if he gets his back to training with Fedor.
hippysmacker
3/20/07 9:48:14PM

Posted by JoeMimic

Maybe if he gets his back to training with Fedor.

I agree, I think that's the only way he ever becomes a champ in UFC/Pride.
jdubs
3/20/07 10:32:31PM
valid argument, unless hes in the same orginization as vera, or fedor, or mirko, or aa, or hunt, or the giant silva, or last but not least, the bean haha not realy but maybe
kublakhan
3/20/07 11:08:11PM
I didn't expect too many people to see eye-to-eye with me on this one, but nonetheless, I think Alexander will be champ in UFC or Pride by the beginning of 2009. He's underestimated because of his lack of focus, but just wait because he's back with Fedor and definitely going to evolve in the next few years.
Stickan
3/20/07 11:39:16PM

Posted by kublakhan

I didn't expect too many people to see eye-to-eye with me on this one, but nonetheless, I think Alexander will be champ in UFC or Pride by the beginning of 2009. He's underestimated because of his lack of focus, but just wait because he's back with Fedor and definitely going to evolve in the next few years.

I'm just curious what you see in him that's champion material. His stand-up is vastly overrated IMO, his groundgame doesn't seem to be more than okay and his sambo doesn't seem nearly as impressive as his brothers.
Judging by his recent break-up with his brother I'm not so sure where his head is at and if he's focused enough.

I don't think he'll ever be a champion anywhere but I'd love to hear why people would believe he's champ material.

MMA
3/20/07 11:52:58PM
He has the potential to be the best (it's in the genes!) but he lacks the discipline in order to succeed.

Fedor > Alexs, end of story.
loller90278
3/21/07 12:00:20AM

Posted by kublakhan

i am definatly eye to eye with you. aleks is my favorite fighter, and judging from your username, we share the same interests!

WAR ALEKS!!!
jaba
3/21/07 12:35:04AM
any org that has fedor, crocop, big nog, barnett, werdum or hunt in it aleks will not be the champ of.
Manfred
3/21/07 1:57:23AM

Posted by kublakhan

When did he go back to train with Fedor? Where did you hear this. But I agree that he could certainly be champ if he get's beack to training right.
roman
3/21/07 2:34:53AM

Posted by MMA

He has the potential to be the best (it's in the genes!) but he lacks the discipline in order to succeed.

Fedor > Alexs, end of story.

Agreed. He doesn't have the heart to train like he needs too to become a champion. And it seems like he always lacks or doesn't stick to his gameplans. But if he gets his head out of his ass and starts working like a madman he could (big could) be a champ in Pride or UFC by 2009, although I doubt it.

Oh and when did he start training with Fedor again because I have other information.
Manfred
3/21/07 6:09:22AM

Oh and when did he start training with Fedor again because I have other information.

I heard he was bouncing around western Europe like a superball. He definately needs to get serious if he wants to reach his potential.
MMA
3/21/07 8:05:10AM
All this talk about "wasted potential" reminds me of several other fighters:

Frank Mir, David Loiseau, Sergei Kharitonov, Alistair Overeem ... the list goes on and on.
kublakhan
3/21/07 8:52:04AM
I know that Alex sort of went rogue after the Werdum loss, but supposedly he's training with Fedor again for the Bodog fight. Who knows how long it will last, but any time with Fedor is definitely going to help.
Manfred
3/21/07 9:06:56AM

Posted by MMA

All this talk about "wasted potential" reminds me of several other fighters:

Frank Mir, David Loiseau, Sergei Kharitonov, Alistair Overeem ... the list goes on and on.

Vitor is the biggest example I can think of. I know his sister's disappearance messed him up, so I'm not putting the blame on him.

But in other cases, who knows, some guys just don't have the drive like Fedor. And maybe they are fine with that. I believe that some guys just see this as a paycheck and are happy to collect. And that's fine, but that's what separates the contender/coulda beens for the Champs
jdb487
3/21/07 10:36:36AM
i hope this is true.. he is one of my favs
pv3Hpv3p
3/21/07 2:40:02PM
I think Aleks has all the tools, but just needs to put it all together...

I think one thing that a lot of people don't understand, is that a lot of these fighters grew up very poor, in countries that have very different cultures that we are used to... Capatalism and the 'American Way' and the Pepsi generation and all that shit, is something that a lot of these people have heard of and never thought they'd get the chance to enjoy...

Honestly answer this...

If you were a Russian ex-con in your mid twenties that just made a butt-load of cash for beating people up: Wouldn't you want to go and live a little of that live that you have always wanted but always seemed to elude you?

Even if you're brother was Fedor Emelianenko?

For example, look at Arlovski... Same story... Came up with hard work and then made a couple of hundered grand, and next thing you know, he's all up in the club layin his hairy-ass mack down on the pretty American girls, and taking a little time off of training...

If we put ourselves in any of there shoes we'd all do the same...
jaba
3/21/07 7:12:44PM
Aleks was an ex con? What he do.
loller90278
3/21/07 7:16:35PM
armed robbery - spent 5 years in prison
OchoCinco
3/21/07 11:37:06PM
I like Aleks but I think it will take a huge step forward for him to be championship material.
Huckit
3/21/07 11:50:54PM
alex is struggling to maintain his possie in top 10. he will not be there in 2009
jaba
3/21/07 11:58:42PM

Posted by loller90278

armed robbery - spent 5 years in prison

Sheeeyt, no wonder hes got dos crazy tattoos, Aleks is da man
Manfred
3/22/07 1:40:43AM

Posted by jaba

Aleks was an ex con? What he do.

I did a thread on this on Sherdog when it was rumored he was coming to the UFC (turned out to be CC, not him)

Aleks spent five years in prison for robbery, possibly armed robbery but Aleks wasn't specific

"As for meanings every tattoo has its own location and accordance . I can just say what they denote for those who are unaware. For example, there is a cathedral with five domes on my right hand and each dome denotes one year of imprisonment... The tattoo “Pirate” denotes an article from criminal code concerning robbery."

Source: Interview with Aleks on Fedor's website

If he was convicted of a felony, he CANNOT get a visa to work in the US. (and since he wasn't at Real Deal to corner Fedor, maybe not even visit)

A couple points:

- He was a most likely a minor when convicted. If that is true, his adult record could be clean. He was 22 when he first competed in PRIDE. Plus he won the Russian Sambo Championship twice prior to that. That means he went to prison at 15 at the latest. (If he went directly from the jail to the Sambo tourney)

- I did some research and found out there is something called an O-1 visa (Google it for a bunch of links on it) for "people with extraordinary talents" It is typically used for artists and athletes. I'm American but I work overseas and through my job I have to deal with the State Dept. sometimes, so I asked the guys I know. Basically if it's someone famous, they should get through.

Although I realize Aleks isn't as famous as a movie star and UFC doesn't have political backing like, say, the olympics, it's always a possibility. They said that the FIRST rule regarding visas is that there are no rules, everything is waiverable, which is the good news.

However one the the US looks at is nationality. Russian mafia is a big problem in the US and the State dept. knows it. Even a whiff of involvement could be troublesome.

Anways, thought I'd share that for those of you who are curious about his chances of fighting in the US.