Alessio Sakara WTF!?!?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Alessio Sakara WTF!?!?
bls1919
5/29/08 10:01:05PM
Why do Dana and the boys keep this guy around? He 2 wins and 1 NC in his 7 fights in th UFC. First the NC, then losses to Lister and Mcfedries. Then a win over some can named Victor Valimaki, a loss to Houston Alexander, then a win over James Lee, and a loss to Leben. After all those losses to good fighters and wins to cans they bring him back to fight Rob Yudnt. Who has a loss to Almeida in the UFC and fought in the Always tough Alaska fighting Championship b4 that. Cmon they need to cut him from the 205 division. just my opinion what do you guys think?
puppetmaster837
5/29/08 10:04:41PM
I think while they are at it, they might want to cut him from the 185 division too
Aaronno9
5/29/08 10:08:18PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

I think while they are at it, they might want to cut him from the 185 division too

Im actually picking yudnt to beat him tbh, i think after that alessio might be shown the door. As it is though, 185 is the weakest divison, so mabeys he'll stick around until they get some new talent in. Mabeys now theyve got the knew batch of tuffers itl mean bye bye for alessio.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/29/08 10:09:55PM
the ufc has a thing with facing 2 guys up , the loser being cut. rob yundt or allessio sakara being their last fight.
candynuts
5/29/08 10:33:24PM
Frankly, I think its because of the tattooes.
However, he really hasnt gone on a losing streak to be cut. He wins one and then loses one (Has happened in his last 4 fights). That and his fights tend to be short 1 round affairs that are usually exciting that end in KO's.
Too bad because I always root for the guy, but he is never real consistent in his UFC performances (although if he had a better chin, he would have beat McFedries and had a longer war with Leben).
But since he usually wins a fight, loses a fight, wins a fight... etc.. and he lost his last fight against Leben (after dropping to 185 from 205) I see him winning against Yundt.
ohiostate1016
5/29/08 10:37:35PM
I think that they keep him because he can be exciting and he's an easy guy to hype up, because of his physique and all. Reminds me a bit of Roan Carneiro...
throwmeahotone
5/29/08 11:53:35PM
win or lose cut him plz!
DevonFoxy
5/30/08 12:02:32AM

Posted by bls1919
bring him back to fight Rob Yudnt. Who has a loss to Almeida in the UFC and fought in the Always tough Alaska fighting Championship b4 that. Cmon they need to cut him from the 205 division. just my opinion what do you guys think?

Yea loosing to Ricardo is something that down grades his stock.

Yudnt is actually a very good fighter so I mean not trying to call you out here or anything but other then the Ricardo fight you probably can't refer to him as a can like it seems you're doing.

This guy took the fight with one of the best MW's in the world on A couple of Days notice. Alessio is in for some trouble in this fight imo so before we bash let us watch film as no offense I don't think you have.
wolfman
5/30/08 1:25:03AM
Nicely put.
89vision
5/30/08 1:30:15AM
Yundt by GnP
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/30/08 1:31:36AM

Posted by bls1919

Why do Dana and the boys keep this guy around? He 2 wins and 1 NC in his 7 fights in th UFC. First the NC, then losses to Lister and Mcfedries. Then a win over some can named Victor Valimaki, a loss to Houston Alexander, then a win over James Lee, and a loss to Leben. After all those losses to good fighters and wins to cans they bring him back to fight Rob Yudnt. Who has a loss to Almeida in the UFC and fought in the Always tough Alaska fighting Championship b4 that. Cmon they need to cut him from the 205 division. just my opinion what do you guys think?

Victor Valimaki and James Lee cans??? Wow, you don't know your MMA.

Also, he would have won the fight if not for the ilegal blow that led to that NC.

IMO he's 4-4, and soon to be 5-4
GrandMaster313
5/30/08 1:35:59AM
he only beat James Lee because James hurt his back but whatever a win is a win i'm just sticking up for my buddy.
bullettdodger
5/30/08 1:52:21AM
PLEASE cut Alessio the GlassJaw... he'd do fine in another organization but he just isn't UFC material IMO
Svartorm
5/30/08 2:15:19AM
You get KO'd by Leben, Alexander and McFedries and you suddenly have a glass jaw? Those are only three of the hardest hitting bastards in the LHW and MW divisions.

He'll stick around because hes with a good team, is the only Italian MMA fighter in the UFC, and win or lose hes in exciting fights. He doesn't have a fight that wasn't worth watching, with the exception of the Lee fight because Lee got hurt. Otherwise he either dishes out an ass kicking a-la Sinosic and Villimaki or gets in a slugfest and loses. Either way its worth watching.
bullettdodger
5/30/08 6:15:51AM

Posted by Svartorm

You get KO'd by Leben, Alexander and McFedries and you suddenly have a glass jaw? Those are only three of the hardest hitting bastards in the LHW and MW divisions.

He'll stick around because hes with a good team, is the only Italian MMA fighter in the UFC, and win or lose hes in exciting fights. He doesn't have a fight that wasn't worth watching, with the exception of the Lee fight because Lee got hurt. Otherwise he either dishes out an ass kicking a-la Sinosic and Villimaki or gets in a slugfest and loses. Either way its worth watching.

While i respect your opinion i really don't see him accomplishing much in the UFC which is why i see him moving to another organization, also i supose im a bit bitter because i never thought Lutter should have been cut and simply put it doesn't make sense to keep a guy like Sakara around when Lutter would tool him up and down the octagon, and all without a gas tank lol...
EDIT: also its not suddenly, i've always thought Alessio has had a weak chin
stock
5/30/08 11:43:51AM
I really think the UFC wants to give Yudnt a chance to show what he is made of (considering his UFC debut was on such short notice).

If he can't beat a below average guy, then they will know a lot more about Yundt. Not sure the UFC has big plans for Sakara win or lose in this fight.
I think this fight is all about Yudnt.
tylerlee123
5/30/08 12:09:11PM
I thought Sakara was gonna do really good after i seen him fight Faircloth but he's been incosistent as of late, i think things will start going his way real soon
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
5/31/08 9:33:29PM
Sakara will prolly never be cut. He wins one, lose one...you don't get cut on that stradegy...you just stay stagnanant.