Aleksander Emelianenko would like to fight in the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Aleksander Emelianenko would like to fight in the UFC
emfleek
7/7/09 8:14:00AM
Surrounded by an aura of danger and mystery, Aleksander Emelianenko is one of the scariest men on the planet. The younger brother of consensus number one heavyweight in the world Fedor Emelianenko, Aleks has forged his own path to stardom.

Although still unknown to many of today’s Ultimate Fighter raised MMA fans in the U.S., Aleks has made it clear that will one day change. At only 27 years of age, the Saint-Petersburg born heavyweight plans on fighting for many years to come.

STORY
matt_black
7/7/09 10:55:30AM
I think Aleks would make a great addition to the HW division, but I wonder if his record will allow him to without going through miles of red tape
TRPHYTRUCK01
7/7/09 11:20:56AM
Umm the big question is what about the Hepatitis he has .. Or allegedly has ...
manalito
7/7/09 11:25:46AM
would be a solid addition to the UFC HW stable. I think he can take out some big names and would love to see him square off against Lesnar and Cain!!!
The_Ho_Bag
7/7/09 12:30:49PM

Posted by TRPHYTRUCK01

Umm the big question is what about the Hepatitis he has .. Or allegedly has ...

i thought that was only a rumor?
John_Jobber
7/7/09 1:08:29PM
If Dana can't sign the top heavyweight in the world he might as well go after his younger brother.
Playground_Samurai
7/7/09 1:30:35PM
Aleks is my favorite HW, and I want nothing more than to see him in the UFC. At this point though, I think the chances are minimal. It was just last July that an CSAC official said that Aleks would never fight in the U.S. again.

link

Hopefully there is some kind of inaccuracy to the CSAC officials statement.
JimiMak
7/7/09 4:37:22PM
I think if Alexs could fight in the States he'd already be in UFC. I'd love to see it but I doubt it. I'm surprised he can even get fights anymore.
cowcatcher
7/7/09 4:46:54PM

Posted by gspfan

Aleks is my favorite HW, and I want nothing more than to see him in the UFC. At this point though, I think the chances are minimal. It was just last July that an CSAC official said that Aleks would never fight in the U.S. again.

link

Hopefully there is some kind of inaccuracy to the CSAC officials statement.

on the bright side, the CSAC seems to be doing some house cleaning lately due to complete incompetence so maybe aleks could end up in the states.
KUTTER
7/7/09 6:33:42PM
Everything I read described it as a rumor. He fought in canada, they do blood tests
CwB
7/7/09 6:52:11PM
Even if Aleks isnt allowed to fight in america UFC is going global, have him fight on the canadian, english, irish, or german cards he will be a big draw in europe

Next euro card could be headlined by
Cro Cop vs Aleks
TimW001
7/7/09 6:56:32PM
I think I'de like to see him in the UFC.
prozacnation1978
7/7/09 7:57:00PM
i would like to see him fight in the cage