Aleksander Emelianenko Expects April 11 Fight with Josh Barnett

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Aleksander Emelianenko Expects April 11 Fight with Josh Barnett
« Previous Page
telnights
1/27/08 8:23:07PM

Posted by NineDuce

Posted by telnights

Josh is not consider to be the greatest HW ever. He is also not ranked #1. He fought 7 fights in 06 and 3 of those were against top 5 fighters at the time. Fedor only fought 2 fights in 06 and neither one was against a top 10 ranked fighter. Really cant give Barnett crap for taking a year off. I think Fedor fans(I was one) are making a lot of excuses for Fedor when they shouldnt have to.

i understand that fedor haters/fans wanna see him prove himself and think his comp. has been a little less than satisfactory and am not making excuses for him at all, i just think the fighting should matter most

Sorry the excuse part of my post wasn't really directed at you more at the hole issue of people going out of their way to make themselves feel better about what Fedor hasn't been doing and thats taking on any top level fighters.
jomatty
1/28/08 11:41:39PM
manfred wasnt talking about giving josh crap for not fighting often enough, he was commenting on the fact that he turned down the last fight with fedor and very well have been the one who turned this one down as well. we dont know, but we do know that he turned it down last time it was offered when fedor was ready to go. i hope im not putting words in manfreds mouth, but that seemed to be the main point not that josh was lazy or something. fedor cant make anything happen all on his own. he needs the organization and the other fighter to want it to happen, and we dont know the details of that.
NineDuce
1/29/08 1:14:36AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by NineDuce

Posted by telnights

Josh is not consider to be the greatest HW ever. He is also not ranked #1. He fought 7 fights in 06 and 3 of those were against top 5 fighters at the time. Fedor only fought 2 fights in 06 and neither one was against a top 10 ranked fighter. Really cant give Barnett crap for taking a year off. I think Fedor fans(I was one) are making a lot of excuses for Fedor when they shouldnt have to.

i understand that fedor haters/fans wanna see him prove himself and think his comp. has been a little less than satisfactory and am not making excuses for him at all, i just think the fighting should matter most

Sorry the excuse part of my post wasn't really directed at you more at the hole issue of people going out of their way to make themselves feel better about what Fedor hasn't been doing and thats taking on any top level fighters.

so what if he hasnt
Manfred
1/29/08 2:45:36AM

Posted by jomatty

manfred wasnt talking about giving josh crap for not fighting often enough, he was commenting on the fact that he turned down the last fight with fedor and very well have been the one who turned this one down as well. we dont know, but we do know that he turned it down last time it was offered when fedor was ready to go. i hope im not putting words in manfreds mouth, but that seemed to be the main point not that josh was lazy or something. fedor cant make anything happen all on his own. he needs the organization and the other fighter to want it to happen, and we dont know the details of that.

You are correct as to my meaning, sir. And frankly, I wouldn't blame Josh for wanting a tune-up fight after (what will be) 18 months off.

Perhaps M-1 is pressuring the Josh / Aleks fight thinking Josh wins and it sets up a family honor / revenge match with Fedor. Great strategic marketing, btw. We just don't know. I just get sick of everyone assuming Fedor is the one ducking.

Unfortunately for us, I think an in shape Aleks beats Josh 8/10 based on the last fight. Esp. considering his ring rust.

Not good for setting up a Fedor fight with the only non-UFC owned top HW left.
telnights
1/29/08 2:55:42AM

Posted by NineDuce

Posted by telnights

Posted by NineDuce

Posted by telnights

so what if he hasnt

I think thats fairly self explanatory.
NineDuce
1/29/08 4:15:31AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by NineDuce

Posted by telnights

Posted by NineDuce

Posted by telnights

so what if he hasnt

I think thats fairly self explanatory.

uh nope...jeez, free will, what a bummer
telnights
1/29/08 4:27:05AM

Posted by NineDuce

Um yeah K
Manfred
1/29/08 4:35:01AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by NineDuce

Um yeah K

See how that works, you can quote without taking half a page, guys
telnights
1/29/08 4:39:22AM

Posted by Manfred

See how that works, you can quote without taking half a page, guys

Yeah My bad should have cut mine down. But I went ahead and fixed it.
hails
2/15/08 2:11:14AM
Will be a good fight to watch.

There is no way the two brothers will fight,

The difference between the shamrocks is that they are not blood brothers, so that is a totally different situation.

You should be looking out for your brother not ground and pounding him until you can see his bright white skull through his bright pink flesh as blood gushes up from each thrust of your 4 oz glove into your eyes!!!

Thats just not right.

Tools
DieSlow
3/6/08 12:46:25AM
So is there any final word on whether or not this April 11 fight is going to happen in Chicago?

I've searched all over and can not find any new or definitive recent info on the who/what/when/where of this event.

I live in Chicago and would give my left nut to see this event hosted here.
We rarely get good mma events here (unless you count the weekly bar brawls) and I would love it if I got to see this one in person.

So please post if you have any new/relevant info. Thanks!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]