Aleks: ''I Will Fight Barnett In January''

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Aleks: ''I Will Fight Barnett In January''
MMAcca
11/27/08 1:02:31PM
Aleksander Emelianenko says he will be rematching Josh Barnett at Affliction 2 in January.

The Russian heavyweight told Sports.ru that a ‘verbal agreement' for the match is in place.

"An agreement has been reached that the Affliction show on January 24th will hold a rematch with the former UFC champion Josh Barnett," he said.

"And there is a chance that before this I will fight at the traditional New Year's Eve show in Japan. But talks on this fight are still going on."

LINK
nickcuc547
11/27/08 1:27:42PM
nice, hope aleks gets some stamina, he was tooling josh last time until he gassed.
The_Metal_Maniac
11/27/08 1:55:18PM
I've wanted to see this for quite sometime.
Twenty20Dollars
11/27/08 2:10:32PM
Looking forward to this one.
gartface
11/27/08 2:17:30PM
Barnett on the feet or on the ground. Aleks looked very very sloppy in his last fight.
loller90278
11/27/08 2:26:08PM
i never really understood what became of CSAC's "aleks will never fight on US soil" statement. one of the parties is lying in this case, and hopefully its CSAC! the rematch between barney and aleks will be sweet, if aleks actually trains.
jae_1833
11/27/08 3:04:24PM
Sweet....he'd better not come in looking like he did against his last opponent though or Barnett will F him up!!
nickcuc547
11/27/08 3:15:50PM

Posted by gartface

Barnett on the feet or on the ground. Aleks looked very very sloppy in his last fight.

aleks outclasses barnett on the feet, that's his bread and butter. his problem is he is one dimensional with no gas tank, which i think barnett will use to his advantage again.
higdon10
11/27/08 5:07:45PM

Posted by nickcuc547
aleks outclasses barnett on the feet, that's his bread and butter. his problem is he is one dimensional with no gas tank, which i think barnett will use to his advantage again.

His stamina is easily his downfall. I think that Barnett wears him down and gets a late stoppage.
Manak
11/27/08 6:02:32PM
should be a good fight but i still have barnett taking it in a war cause Aleks seemed pretty amped for this. personal i would have like to seen AA v Aleks n Barnett v Fedor on this card then go from there depending on who won.
mrsmiley
11/27/08 6:06:07PM
I'm pumped for this.
I gotta go with Barnett on the rematch too though.
Alex was winning the first fight,but at this point I can't see Alex taking him.
gartface
11/27/08 6:58:30PM

Posted by nickcuc547

Posted by gartface

Stand up is also Pedro Rizzo's bread and butter, and we saw what happened at Affliction: Banned. I've never been impressed with Aleks. Until he lives up to the hype, I'll still refuse to believe he's top flight.
Wolfenstein
11/27/08 7:03:27PM
Regardless of whether Josh KO'd Rizzo, Aleks is the better and more heavy-handed striker. If Aleks were to get in shape to go five rounds I would pick Aleks in a heartbeat. Unfortunately Aleks will train for a round and a half.
cowcatcher
11/27/08 7:06:38PM
im still not going to be convinced that aleks is actually fighting in the states until i see him coming to the ring, over the past year he hasnt been the best source on when and where hes fighting.
jiujitsufreak74
11/27/08 10:04:12PM

Posted by cowcatcher

im still not going to be convinced that aleks is actually fighting in the states until i see him coming to the ring, over the past year he hasnt been the best source on when and where hes fighting.

exactly what i was going to say. i'll believe this when i see it
Manfred
11/28/08 1:35:43AM
Didn't they just announce that Barney is fighting Brett Rogers??

WTF Aleks. Should've come out with this a couple days ago.

I've always given him the benefit of the doubt but this seems like straight BS and a publicity ploy. We all saw the youtube video backstage at Affliction, but that doesn't qualify as a verbal agreement if that's what he's talking about.
xAcidburNx
11/28/08 3:51:39AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by cowcatcher

exactly what i was going to say. i'll believe this when i see it

ye dont get your hopes up. this isnt gonna happen.
prozacnation1978
11/28/08 1:02:56PM
great fight but i thought barnett was fighting rodgers