Aldo out of fight with Frankie due to foot injury

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Aldo out of fight with Frankie due to foot injury
« Previous Page
postman
9/12/12 11:02:52AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Franklinfan47

Never thought Id say it, but maybe UFC should consider revoking their health insurance policy. This is getting fuckin ridiculous.

only limit to injuries sustained during a fight. I agree this is ridiculous. Did this insurance thing kick in this year because it seems like this year (so far) has more injuries than years past.

Revoking insurance aint a bad idea....Pay them a little more...Or fine them if they are injured within say one month of the fight...

How would you fine them? They are not getting paid if they don't show for the fight. You guys really think fighters are pulling out of fights because they have insurance? If they do not fight then they do not gat paid. Also some one suggested only cover them if they are hurt during the fight..........thats how its always been. Promotors are required to cover injuries that happpen in the cage weather its the UFC or local joe.
kingsmasher
9/12/12 1:24:16PM

Posted by postman

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Franklinfan47

Never thought Id say it, but maybe UFC should consider revoking their health insurance policy. This is getting fuckin ridiculous.

only limit to injuries sustained during a fight. I agree this is ridiculous. Did this insurance thing kick in this year because it seems like this year (so far) has more injuries than years past.

Revoking insurance aint a bad idea....Pay them a little more...Or fine them if they are injured within say one month of the fight...

How would you fine them? They are not getting paid if they don't show for the fight. You guys really think fighters are pulling out of fights because they have insurance? If they do not fight then they do not gat paid. Also some one suggested only cover them if they are hurt during the fight..........thats how its always been. Promotors are required to cover injuries that happpen in the cage weather its the UFC or local joe.

I dont think that but I want them to change their training to be safer...Also a nice hit to the pocketbook always would havew them thinking if you took away insurance or fine them...
bjj1605
9/12/12 2:51:19PM
I can't believe anyone is suggesting fining fighters for getting injured.....

That is the most ass backward Medieval ages shit I've ever heard.

I've got a better idea. How about, if a fighter gets injured, we inflict that same injury on all of his family members. That will keep these bastards from purposefully hurting themselves and ruining our Saturday nights!!!!

BuffaloDave
9/12/12 3:38:36PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by postman

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Franklinfan47

I dont think that but I want them to change their training to be safer...Also a nice hit to the pocketbook always would havew them thinking if you took away insurance or fine them...

Just No!!! What do you want the fighter's to do? Shadow Box, Wrestle with pillows or a midget??

The only way I could see fighter's getting fined for an injury, would be if they were injured doing something stupid while having a fight booked.
kingsmasher
9/12/12 3:49:28PM

Posted by BuffaloDave

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by postman

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Franklinfan47

Just No!!! What do you want the fighter's to do? Shadow Box, Wrestle with pillows or a midget??

The only way I could see fighter's getting fined for an injury, would be if they were injured doing something stupid while having a fight booked.

Scale back training in the final few weeks to just cardio and tape and basically shadow boxing for the last three weeks aint bad idea...Most need help in cardio anyway...the last week is all hyping...I bet mostly guys getting injured is stupid and senseless
Franklinfan47
9/12/12 8:02:53PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

If any one thought this fight was gonna happen or co main
That's too funny.

Im gonna start wearing my sun glasses indoors so I can see the future too.
prophecy033
9/13/12 2:12:57PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Franklinfan47

Better idea, let's put these guys in straight jackets then wrap them in bubble wrap That should keep them injury free for the last month

The problem is making the distinction between legitimately and bogus injuries would be tough. You could hurt yourself being careful not to hurt yourself. Shit, I strained my back sneezing
cowcatcher
9/13/12 2:19:50PM

Posted by prophecy033

Shit, I stained my back sneezing

It squirted up there, hey? Weird, but nice work.
prophecy033
9/13/12 2:27:28PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by prophecy033

Shit, I stained my back sneezing

It squirted up there, hey? Weird, but nice work.

oh shit yeah, went through a whole box of wet naps cleaning it up
Pages: 1 [2]