Aldo out of fight with Frankie due to foot injury

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Aldo out of fight with Frankie due to foot injury
Next Page »
BossHog
9/11/12 5:25:13PM
Jose Aldo is out. Dana just posted, sounded pretty disheartened.

Wasn't there a picture floating around of Aldo training with a heavily bandaged foot after his accident? Supposedly he was going to be good to go, but maybe it got infected is my thinking.

LINK
LightsOUT23
9/11/12 5:26:35PM
Interim title - Edgar vs Zombie !!!
Bubbles
9/11/12 5:27:21PM
link?
george112
9/11/12 5:28:04PM
And another.

Sucks. Wanted to see Aldo win
Budgellism
9/11/12 5:28:32PM
Damn, The main and co main for 153 falls through in the same day. Today sucks
hashyandy4
9/11/12 5:31:08PM

Posted by Budgellism

Damn, The main and co main for 153 falls through in the same day. Today sucks

Seriously, what shitty news
prophecy033
9/11/12 5:36:56PM
9/11 is just a fucked day all together

FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK
Vero3
9/11/12 5:45:34PM
Ah come on! That sucks.. I also wanted to see Aldo fight Edgar.
cowcatcher
9/11/12 5:47:35PM
UFC 153: We're taking the rest of the year off.
State_Champ
9/11/12 5:52:43PM

Posted by LightsOUT23

Interim title - Edgar vs Zombie !!!

EDIT: I don't care at all whether it is for an interim title or not, though.

Also, Lamas vs Edgar seems like a possibility.... I wouldn't mind it.
Poor_Franklin
9/11/12 5:54:05PM
shit
prophecy033
9/11/12 5:58:15PM

Posted by cowcatcher

UFC 153: We're taking the rest of the year off.

State_Champ
9/11/12 6:01:31PM
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
BuffaloDave
9/11/12 6:02:42PM
Here's a LINK Since BossHog can't follow rules
sparky
9/11/12 6:24:54PM
Shit

Aldo has been hurt quite a bit as of late I love to watch him fight so this is just terrible news
Manak
9/11/12 6:43:11PM
as other have previous said in other thread, UFC needs to have back-up fighters sign contacts too. injuries will never stop but once you sign a main event they should have at least one guy also sign that both fighters already agree to fight if the other goes down. then the back-up gets paid a fee if no one goes down but will get his full contract check if they have to step in. UFC has enough fighters on their roster to this.
shaneTpain
9/11/12 6:58:53PM
Wolfenstein
9/11/12 7:20:03PM
This is really getting ridiculous...happens to just about every main and co-main event they have.

Curious what the fall-back plan is here--do they move up a bout that's already planned? Only other option off the top of my head is Silva vs Weidman (which will negate his bout with Boetsch), or maybe Evans vs Machida two. Both guys don't seem keen on fighting anytime soon though.
Franklinfan47
9/11/12 7:36:32PM
Never thought Id say it, but maybe UFC should consider revoking their health insurance policy. This is getting fuckin ridiculous.
Twenty20Dollars
9/11/12 8:16:22PM
Karma didn't want Edgar to have that title shot.
Chael_Sonnen
9/11/12 8:36:49PM
4th time is the charm Jo-ZAY!

Bubbles
9/11/12 11:33:36PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Never thought Id say it, but maybe UFC should consider revoking their health insurance policy. This is getting fuckin ridiculous.

only limit to injuries sustained during a fight. I agree this is ridiculous. Did this insurance thing kick in this year because it seems like this year (so far) has more injuries than years past.
bjj1605
9/11/12 11:42:23PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Or just have alternate fighters like they did in the early days. Give the alternates some moderate compensation and a full fight purse if they end up fighting.

They should always have a back up option. Shouldn't be a big advantage for anyone. The guys originally scheduled to fight just train for their original opponent. The alternate can't know which guy he might face so at best he has to develop 2 different game plans. But at least being "in training" will make it easier to take short notice fights.
prozacnation1978
9/11/12 11:53:38PM
If any one thought this fight was gonna happen or co main
That's too funny. Just wait till gsp vs condit falls through as well. I am not suprised.

Dana made his money on early ticket sales for this fight
Now give the fans a Shit main event
Just too book aldo vs Edgar next year again
NaturalBornKiller92
9/12/12 1:53:07AM
Why not Edgar vs Teixera? Edgar is usually outsized by his opponents anyways!
aussiemma
9/12/12 2:08:52AM
jon jones fault again.
kingsmasher
9/12/12 6:31:19AM
Aldo wanted no part of Edgar on this short of a notice....

You can bet Aldo has never faced anyone in his whole career with the boxing like Edgar...I am sorry but Frankie will pick apart Aldo...His speed is grat but the nuances Frankie learns will trump Aldos speed...
kingsmasher
9/12/12 6:33:01AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by Franklinfan47

only limit to injuries sustained during a fight. I agree this is ridiculous. Did this insurance thing kick in this year because it seems like this year (so far) has more injuries than years past.

Revoking insurance aint a bad idea....Pay them a little more...Or fine them if they are injured within say one month of the fight...
kingsmasher
9/12/12 6:39:18AM

Posted by Wolfenstein

This is really getting ridiculous...happens to just about every main and co-main event they have.

Curious what the fall-back plan is here--do they move up a bout that's already planned? Only other option off the top of my head is Silva vs Weidman (which will negate his bout with Boetsch), or maybe Evans vs Machida two. Both guys don't seem keen on fighting anytime soon though.

Weidman just had surgery when was he suppose to fight Boetsch? I believe its too soon for Weidman..
LightsOUT23
9/12/12 10:46:59AM
When confronted by the media on a further possibility that another ufc card is folding, Dana white said it all with this face ... !!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: [1] 2