Alcohol>Junie

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Alcohol>Junie
tooly236
10/8/08 10:53:19PM
I am not a rocket scientiest, but I think Junie might have a problem with drinking. Wow, he goes full circle every time he is drunk
MALICE
10/8/08 11:03:00PM
Junie makes Leben look like a saint. I couldn't tell the difference with or without alcohol. HE can dish it but he sure can't take it. On the next episode, Dana must talk to him about how he should have been kicked out multiple times now, like shown in one of the teaser's. He definitely has little man syndrome. Any little thing sets him off. Unless he makes a miraculous attitude change, I don't think he has a chance in the UFC, or MMA, or even life for that matter.
Naturaldisaster
10/8/08 11:06:36PM
its not even the alcohol. he was actin like that even when he's not drinkin! plus he doesnt know ANYTHING! how is he gonna say, just what UFC needs, anothin wrestler whose gonna lay on everyone. I didnt realize you could lay on someone when your the guy on the bottom with the other guy in your guard.

juanez13
10/8/08 11:24:18PM
Yea, he seems to be somewhat bi-polar, one moment he is trying to fight everybody, next he is crying. Alcohol certainly fuels it, but even when he is sober he is a retard (i.e calling out Effrain, jumpin over the cage), lucky he made it out after what happened, but i am still in doubt whether he'll make it through the rest of the season.

On a side note, alot of people were picking effrain to win the show, but from what i saw tonight i'm not very impressed. He looked lost in the stand up, only thing he had going was the clinch, not very impressed with his wrestling either.
Naturaldisaster
10/8/08 11:29:27PM

Posted by juanez13

Yea, he seems to be somewhat bi-polar, one moment he is trying to fight everybody, next he is crying. Alcohol certainly fuels it, but even when he is sober he is a retard (i.e calling out Effrain, jumpin over the cage), lucky he made it out after what happened, but i am still in doubt whether he'll make it through the rest of the season.

On a side note, alot of people were picking effrain to win the show, but from what i saw tonight i'm not very impressed. He looked lost in the stand up, only thing he had going was the clinch, not very impressed with his wrestling either.

yeah he's either bi-polar or a really good actor. either way he's a disgrace to mma and to kentucky.
I just want to assure everyone, that not all of us are like Junie!!! just wanted to clear that up lol
Biggz
10/8/08 11:31:40PM
it really is too bad to see someone with an ass load of talent like Junie, and piss it all away and just waste it. it really makes you wonder what someone with tons of talent like him would really amount to if they just got serious and worked hard and didnt act like that. i don't think (and kind of hope) Junie will even stay in the house. which is too bad because i think he has the most talent in the house in LWs.

it also too bad because this is turning into the "watch Junie be a jackass show" and taking away from the other talented fighters.
Twenty20Dollars
10/8/08 11:31:50PM
yeah i vote for ufc to ban alcohol from any other TUF shows in the future and allow the fighters to have a tv or videos games. Sure it would be less exciting but by having drunken idiots on your show it makes the ufc look bad.

Yeah I am kind of wishing joe would have beat junie but something tells me that joe would have been just like junie.
postman
10/8/08 11:45:35PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

yeah i vote for ufc to ban alcohol from any other TUF shows in the future and allow the fighters to have a tv or videos games. Sure it would be less exciting but by having drunken idiots on your show it makes the ufc look bad.

Yeah I am kind of wishing joe would have beat junie but something tells me that joe would have been just like junie.

I think the no TV no video games is the worst, thats all they have to do is drink. I really would like it if the showed alot more of the training and less of the drama but I kow mainstream america dosn't so I lose. I also think they should get a few min a day or even week to use the phone. Alot of these guys gave up their job now they have to ignore their family thats alot to ask.

What happened after he jumped in the cage My damn DVR didn't record long enough.!
MALICE
10/8/08 11:48:00PM

Posted by postman
What happened after he jumped in the cage My damn DVR didn't record long enough.!

Nothing. He jumped in the cage, they grabbed him, Mir ran over and told him to stop. End of show.
Naturaldisaster
10/8/08 11:49:36PM

Posted by postman

I think the no TV no video games is the worst, thats all they have to do is drink. I really would like it if the showed alot more of the training and less of the drama but I kow mainstream america dosn't so I lose. I also think they should get a few min a day or even week to use the phone. Alot of these guys gave up their job now they have to ignore their family thats alot to ask.

But ufc isnt askin them to give all that up. thats one of the sacrifices they make when they join the show.

but nothin really happened. Junie jumped in there, tried to go after efrain. Nog held junie back and mir came in yellin for junie to calm down. Im guessin next week we find out what happens in the cage from the point that this week ended. but I dont think anything bad happens
postman
10/8/08 11:59:41PM
So the UFC asking them to give that up. They hold tryouts to pick the guys that will star in the show they are making millions on the show and these guys give up everything for what a wack contract that alot of guys don't come on the show due to the so called 6 figure contract. Brandon Vera didn't go on the show for that reason and it turned out to be a good move for him.
MALICE
10/9/08 12:09:43AM

Posted by postman

So the UFC asking them to give that up. They hold tryouts to pick the guys that will star in the show they are making millions on the show and these guys give up everything for what a wack contract that alot of guys don't come on the show due to the so called 6 figure contract. Brandon Vera didn't go on the show for that reason and it turned out to be a good move for him.

Yeah, didn't turn out too bad for Vera. Maybe he should ask Forrest, Rashad, Koscheck, Stevenson, Florian, Jardine, Leben, Diaz, Diego, Swick, Quarry, Bonnar, Guillard, Burkman, Davis, Herman, Bisping, Hamill, Maynard, Danzig, and many others if it is a bad move or not. Most of which are probably better known then Vera. A lot of TUF participants have benefited immensely from being on the show.
postman
10/9/08 12:15:16AM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by postman

Yeah, didn't turn out too bad for Vera. Maybe he should ask Forrest, Rashad, Koscheck, Stevenson, Florian, Jardine, Leben, Diaz, Diego, Swick, Quarry, Bonnar, Guillard, Burkman, Davis, Herman, Bisping, Hamill, Maynard, Danzig, and many others if it is a bad move or not. Most of which are probably better known then Vera. A lot of TUF participants have benefited immensely from being on the show.

I agree, The show moved many guys into the spotlight but the winners of the show have all complained about the contract after the fact.
MALICE
10/9/08 12:38:38AM

Posted by postman

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by postman

I agree, The show moved many guys into the spotlight but the winners of the show have all complained about the contract after the fact.

Yeah. That is why I think the 1st season of TUF had by far the most talent. MMA had not really blown up yet. And TUF looked like the easiest way for young fighters to get recognised. If they won, they would be in the big show, and that is all that matters.

After the1st season, The UFC blew up. And the talent entering TUF seems to have lessened. I think that is because, MMA has gotten so big, if you are really talented, everyone notices and you get your shot before needing to try TUF.

So I see TUF now as more of a training camp / tournament for young fighters with lots of potential to earn an early shot into the UFC, to slowly be built up as the next big star. And I think the contract is ideal for them.
MALICE
10/9/08 1:01:32AM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by xxMALICExx

Posted by postman

Yeah but the contract they recieve at the end of it is garbage. Jardine's making 10k a fight, Kos just got a new one from his 10k per. Face it these guys give up a ton to make a tiny amount of money in hope of possibly becoming a star and getting a good contract after they finish their 6 on the garbage contract.

Oh I agree, the contract is garbage. But I do think it is more fitting for the level of talent that is on the show nowadays. Most fighters on recent seasons are very green, and should feel privileged to fight in the UFC. But the best thing about the show is the publicity the fighters get.

Yeah, it looks like Anderson has a fun time, but when isn't he having a good time.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/9/08 1:38:36AM

yeah i vote for ufc to ban alcohol from any other TUF

from a viewer stand point i agree w/ u, but i understand where dana is coming from by allowing it to see who can handle it

it must be rough living w/ 15 other dudes, but its 6 weeks. lots of fighters train for a fight for this amount of time, or longer.

if u arent mentally strong enough to handle the pressures of the show, how can dana trust u to handle the pressures of staying away from the limelight & partying & training to fight in his org?

im sure some of the guys go crazy, especially the guys who dont advance & stay w/ the rest, but junie.....that dude's off his friggin rocker
Ordep
10/9/08 1:53:40AM
Why Dana let it pass??? Same thing as the classic "break the house episode" ... ratings. Analyze all the TUF commercials during Spike primetime, they always focus on the controversy. Although I think the next one will focus on Anderson's visit.

Also, if you haven't notice, Junie is Blogging for UFC.com , and this has me worried, I mean look at some of the previous season bloggers.... Mac Danzing and Amir Sadollah .... is UFC.COM spoiling it's own show? you be the judge. This is just another reason that makes me think he won't be kicked out.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/9/08 2:08:35AM

Posted by Ordep

Why Dana let it pass??? Same thing as the classic "break the house episode" ... ratings. Analyze all the TUF commercials during Spike primetime, they always focus on the controversy. Although I think the next one will focus on Anderson's visit.

Also, if you haven't notice, Junie is Blogging for UFC.com , and this has me worried, I mean look at some of the previous season bloggers.... Mac Danzing and Amir Sadollah .... is UFC.COM spoiling it's own show? you be the judge. This is just another reason that makes me think he won't be kicked out.

one of my fellow campers brought up the bloggers just a day or 2 ago

i personally think the worst is yet to come & he'll be gone

i know he is good, but imagine if junie loses & has to stay at the house
Rush
10/9/08 7:51:42AM
Just wanted to say a few things. Yeah, Junie seems to be bi-polar and being a fighter is probably not the best thing for that.

Also, I've noticed a lot of fighter bashing in this thread (at least three posts by three different members). Just giving you all a heads up to check over your posts and edit them accordingly.

Regardless how a guy acts, it's against forum rules to call them an idiot or moron. I know it's a simple wording issue, but why not just say that he was acting like an idiot or moron?
4u2nv
10/9/08 9:45:42AM
Okay Thanks RUSH! i shall check my posts i made. But Nog should have choked him out. He jumps over into the cage and flips out bc the guy won and is smiling!?! i dont think he's good for the face of MMA. Seriously... and wow Spider as a guest trainer. He looked amazing in the previews. Def siked for next weeks episode.
Rush
10/9/08 1:08:11PM
Just to repeat myself and I hate doing that, but it seems some people are ignoring what I wrote. I will be back here in an hour and every post that I see that includes fighter bashing, that member will have either a warning or a temp ban. There is not need for it. I'm really trying to give you guys a break. Don't take my benevolence and temperance for granted.
Cdellorso
10/9/08 1:25:52PM
Junie needs psycological help - and i need spelling help- but seriously- the alchohol is an aid to unleash his true personality -he is obviously a very insecure and angry person- He grew up poor and picked on by his brothers.... he lashes out anytime he even thinks maybe possibly some one might be dis'n him because he feels that to allow it will show he is weak and set him up to be attacked.- he has zero self confidence based on his " destined to fail " attitude" just like the last dude JT money- - I always F*** up.... its preprogramming a losers attitude-
not losing fights but losing in life- Positive attitude goes along way- being negative- and having negative energy is a real problem- I hope he gets help- I also think that he should have formally apologized to all his housemates... maybe they did not air it...

Right now, hes "acting like" an ass- and he "acting like" a thug and a street punk- hed better learn that this is a tv show- and the fights are a competion-

Rush
10/9/08 3:51:12PM

Posted by 4u2nv

Okay Thanks RUSH! i shall check my posts i made. But Nog should have choked him out. He jumps over into the cage and flips out bc the guy won and is smiling!?! i dont think he's good for the face of MMA. Seriously... and wow Spider as a guest trainer. He looked amazing in the previews. Def siked for next weeks episode.

Thanks to you and the others that edited their posts. I still had to send out three warnings and deleted said posts.

Carry on...
Branwest
10/9/08 6:01:18PM
I take serious offense at the notion that I was fighter bashing. If anything, I was the one defending Junie. He has a lot of potential as a fighter. However, because I stated that he has severe drinking and psychological issues in which he needs to seek extensive counseling, I'm 'fighter bashing.' Just not true. I want to see Junie do well, but he needs to mature mentally, whether through counseling or other means, in order to do well and succeed in the UFC.
bigbubbano23
10/9/08 8:31:31PM
seriously sometimes i wonder how the ufc chooses the fighters for tuf. i mean junnie has to be there just for the ratings especially if danna kept him after all that crap.
copcopps
10/9/08 8:36:34PM
Junie's my idol and he will survive his addiction to retardation.