How about this Albert Pujols guy?

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » How about this Albert Pujols guy?
pmoney
10/23/11 4:41:42PM
What is the deal with The Machine? He just decides to tie like four different World Series records in one performance.... 5-6, 6 RBI, 3 HR's, 16 total bases or something crazy like that.... I bleed Dodger blue (Kershaw=MVP & Cy Young winner ), but I can't hate on that performance.

This has been a good post season for MLB, I'd say. Nelson Cruz is doing his thing, setting multiple World Series records. It should be another great ballgame tonight.

Anyone watching the World Series tonight ?
Ordep
10/23/11 4:55:47PM
this (<< hyperlink new color)
Twenty20Dollars
10/23/11 5:04:36PM
I am not a machine, ok? I'm just Albert.
(his espn commercial)

PAYTHEMAN
Poor_Franklin
10/23/11 5:53:03PM
hate the Cardinals but can't hate on Pujols. he's historically good
BuffaloDave
10/23/11 11:45:10PM
Pujols is an amazing ball player, but that historic performance he had last night kinda goes out the window when he goes 0 - 4 tonight, like the 2 previous games before the monster night.
Aether
10/24/11 12:46:25AM
albert poo holes
prophecy033
10/24/11 2:36:25AM
3 home runs in a World Series game is amazing. This guy is unbelievable. 1st Ballot HoFer
Poor_Franklin
10/24/11 2:52:32AM
it dont mean a thing if you aint got that ring
prophecy033
10/24/11 3:01:39AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

it dont mean a thing if you aint got that ring

He already won the World Series in 2006
cowcatcher
10/24/11 9:54:06AM
There's still baseball being played? I hadn't noticed...
Hendo67
10/24/11 11:25:29AM
It's hilarious that his worst season was this year in batting average (.299) and RBI's...

Guy hasn't had less than 100 RBI's and 30 HR's, and hit less than .300 in his career...well, this year he had 99 RBI, and hit .299 if i'm not mistaking.
emfleek
10/24/11 11:29:33AM

Posted by cowcatcher

There's still baseball being played? I hadn't noticed...

This x 103 years
Theoutlaw08
10/24/11 2:43:53PM
I hate Pujols. I think hes a liar and a cheater.....
With that said he beats the Brewers so I hate him even more.
gartface
10/25/11 1:54:30PM
He's the greatest player I've ever seen play baseball.

emfleek
10/25/11 2:07:38PM

Posted by gartface

*AHEM*

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
cowcatcher
10/25/11 2:16:47PM

Posted by gartface

I'd go so far as to say the best right handed hitter. Best player is a tougher call, especially if we are talking seeing live or just old footage. Willie Mays and Roberto Clemente were probably the best all around players to play the game and the best pure hitter is probably Ted Williams if we are talking old school. Babe Ruth has to be mentioned somewhere too, probably as most important figure up until integration. Best anything in sports is tough, baseball even more so because of the rich history. Best player I've seen live with my own eyes is maybe Poo Holes, maybe Bonds(the guy was good before the juice), and Robin Yount has to be somewhere in there as the best player on my home team considering he won 2 MVP's at two positions and former Brewers aren't exactly filling up Cooperstown.

EDIT: I almost forgot Dennis Boyd. He's hands down the best.
emfleek
10/25/11 2:24:43PM
...and then there's this guy.

ChrisSabal
10/25/11 4:29:10PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

I'd go so far as to say the best right handed hitter. Best player is a tougher call, especially if we are talking seeing live or just old footage. Willie Mays and Roberto Clemente were probably the best all around players to play the game and the best pure hitter is probably Ted Williams if we are talking old school. Babe Ruth has to be mentioned somewhere too, probably as most important figure up until integration. Best anything in sports is tough, baseball even more so because of the rich history. Best player I've seen live with my own eyes is maybe Poo Holes, maybe Bonds(the guy was good before the juice), and Robin Yount has to be somewhere in there as the best player on my home team considering he won 2 MVP's at two positions and former Brewers aren't exactly filling up Cooperstown.

Don't forget about Ty Cobb
cowcatcher
10/25/11 4:32:58PM
It's harder for me to include him because that era was so different than even the 50's. Guys like Cobb, Cap Anson, Nap Lajoie, Honus Wagner, etc. are really hard to toss in the mix with the best players of the modern era. Great for their time? Yes, undoubtedly. Great against more recent players? Really tough to say where they stack up. Shockingly similar to MMA...
Bubbles
11/3/11 11:12:38PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by gartface

imo Griffey Jr, when healthy, was a better ball player than Bonds pre-roids.

Pujols is the best pure hitter the game has ever seen. only player to hit .300 with 30+ homers and 100 RBIs in his first 10 or 11 seasons. lets face it though, pitchers today are far better than what Tedd Williams had to face...especially with the specialty pitchers we see today.