Alan Belcher vs Yushin Okami rematch scheduled for UFC 155

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alan Belcher vs Yushin Okami rematch scheduled for UFC 155
Next Page »
jjeans
9/13/12 5:14:18PM
UFC 155 just got even more stacked.

A rematch between Middleweight contenders Alan Belcher and Yushin Okami has been verbally agreed for the December 29 event. News of the fight was confirmed by MMAFighting.com. Okami and Belcher both welcomed each other to the UFC in 2006 when they met at UFC 62, Okami came out on top in that fighting winning by unanimous decision.

LINK
cowcatcher
9/13/12 5:15:04PM
One guy seems to be rising since their last fight, one seems to be on the decline. I'll take the riser here.
Poor_Franklin
9/13/12 5:18:10PM
in the immortal words of Diego Sanchez, "YES!"
Budgellism
9/13/12 5:24:58PM
Their first fight is why I became such a big fan of Alan Belcher.
prophecy033
9/13/12 5:38:58PM

Posted by cowcatcher

One guy seems to be rising since their last fight, one seems to be on the decline. I'll take the riser here.

george112
9/13/12 6:21:54PM
With CC and Proph

Belcher is one exciting guy to watch. Never boring mixes itit up well
pmoney
9/13/12 6:27:04PM
Sooooo did Belcher's spinal fracture heal already? Was that a misdiagnosis?

Either way WAR BELCHER
TeamDEY
9/13/12 6:31:54PM
I like this fight. Definitely see Belcher winning.
frizzzlecake
9/13/12 6:32:19PM

Posted by pmoney

Sooooo did Belcher's spinal fracture heal already? Was that a misdiagnosis?

Either way WAR BELCHER

I think it was a spinal contusion? and those aren't that serious they will however sideline you for few weeks.

UFC 155 is going to be stacked! I don't think the injury bug could stop it!
ghandikush
9/13/12 7:00:33PM
I would pick okami if he would use a fucking takedown Blatantly trying to boost Belcher.
DrivenDavies15
9/13/12 7:09:16PM
Sick fight, I'm hoping Belcher will take it this time around
sparky
9/13/12 7:51:00PM
Looks like I'm the only one who thinks Okami is going to beat Belcher again Yushin UD
Poor_Franklin
9/13/12 8:04:44PM

Posted by sparky

Looks like I'm the only one who thinks Okami is going to beat Belcher again Yushin UD

send me that av bet request when the event comes up
ghandikush
9/13/12 8:42:41PM

Posted by sparky

okami only seems to want to throw jabs with no heal movement lately.
shaneTpain
9/13/12 9:11:31PM
I love a grudge match
NaturalBornKiller92
9/13/12 9:46:59PM

Posted by frizzzlecake
UFC 155 is going to be stacked! I don't think the injury bug could stop it!

I'm blaming you for jinxing the card if it falls through!
prozacnation1978
9/13/12 10:54:56PM
Good fight. I do see belcher winning this time
aussiemma
9/13/12 11:32:15PM
i knew they would make this fight.
bjj1605
9/14/12 2:22:37AM
Good fight to sort out the MW division.

If Belcher wins this he will be one step closer to the title. Probably only one big win away IMO.

Maybe if Weidman beats Boetsch and Belcher beats Okami, we can see Weidman vs Belcher for the true #1 contender slot.
aussiemma
9/14/12 2:48:52AM

Posted by bjj1605

If Belcher wins this he will be one step closer to the title. Probably only one big win away IMO.

Maybe if Weidman beats Boetsch and Belcher beats Okami, we can see Weidman vs Belcher for the true #1 contender slot.

i think this is the way to go.
Adrenaline
9/14/12 4:40:49AM

Posted by bjj1605

This sounds about right but if Weidman beats Boetsch in impressive fashion they should just quit fucking around and give the kid his title shot already. However if it is a snoozer and he just squeaks by then the Belcher fight would make more sense.
jjeans
9/14/12 6:58:58AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by bjj1605

This sounds about right but if Weidman beats Boetsch in impressive fashion they should just quit fucking around and give the kid his title shot already. However if it is a snoozer and he just squeaks by then the Belcher fight would make more sense.

Boetsch/Weidman winner should get the next shot

Bisping/Stann winner vs Okami/Belcher winner should get the shot after that
Bubbles
9/14/12 8:22:56AM

Posted by cowcatcher

sounds like the video I watched last night
Bubbles
9/14/12 8:27:41AM

Posted by jjeans

There is no need to eliminate a future title contender. Three top 10 wins is more than enough
bigrand826
9/14/12 8:49:38AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by jjeans

There is no need to eliminate a future title contender. Three top 10 wins is more than enough

I would give you props, but I gotta spread the love. I agree with this. As I've said numerous times in response to the whole 'Weidman ain't worthy' debate, 2 top 10 wins has been more than enough to earn a title shot at MW for quite some time. The winner of Boetsch/Weidman will have 3, regardless of who it is. If you make that winner face the Okami/Belcher or Bisping/Stann winner, then they would have to get a 4th top 10 win in order to get a title shot. Who, other than Sonnen, was the last guy at MW to beat even 2 top 10 MWs on his way to getting a shot at Anderson's belt?

As for the matchup, I love it. I'm glad Belcher isn't getting left out. I liked the matchup with Belfort, but this is a good change of opponent for him. It isn't much of a step down from the previous opponent and seems like a more winnable fight.
cowcatcher
9/14/12 9:04:44AM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

Link?
postman
9/14/12 9:10:42AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

Link?

Oh me too!!!

Cowcatcher you didn't like Okami in the Boestch fight in the first 2 rounds? I thought he looked great.
Theoutlaw08
9/14/12 9:19:38AM
I like this match up. I think Belcher will overwhelm Okami for a UD.
cowcatcher
9/14/12 9:19:57AM

Posted by postman

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by cowcatcher

Link?

Oh me too!!!

Cowcatcher you didn't like Okami in the Boestch fight in the first 2 rounds? I thought he looked great.

I don't think he looked bad, but it seems to me that despite the injuries, Alan's career is on the upswing, and Okami's is starting to wind down. Boetsch came out like a maniac in the 3rd when he knew he was down on the cards(why in the fuck don't we see that more often???) and he won by going for broke. He also lost the fight before that to Anderson, no shame in that, and in the fight after Boetsch, Buddy Roberts had him in trouble. I'm not saying he's a shot fighter at this point, just that he's MUCH closer to the end than the beginning. He still is going to be a tough fight for any MW in the world.
ghandikush
9/14/12 10:12:22AM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by bjj1605

This, just, this....
Pages: [1] 2