Alan Belcher War Wagon PSA

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Alan Belcher War Wagon PSA
Poor_Franklin
5/6/12 12:55:27PM
PSA On behalf of the Alan Belcher War Wagon:

We do not blame you for picking Palhares. How could we expect you to remember that Alan was in the mix over a year ago & supposed to fight Maia for a potential #1 contender shot before he needed eye surgery for his detached retina? How could we expect you to remember that he had won 5 of his last 6, with his last loss being an arguable split decision loss to Sexyama? How could we expect you to remember that he won 3 bonus awards in a row in 2009, 1 Sub of the Night award over Kang & 2 Fight of the Night awards in the aforementioned Sexyama fight & in his win against Wilson Gouveia?

HOW ABOUT THAT FIGHT LAST NIGHT?!?!?! The fight went where Palhares wanted it & Alan still got the victory. We here at the War Wagon knew Alan had a good ground game, but some of us were still in awe when we saw his seamlessly smooth transitions & ability to avoid danger.

Is the call for a title shot premature? Maybe. But remember.....the UFC once rewarded a title shot to the winner of Dan Hardy vs Mike Swick, so it never hurts to ask.

I'm not the founder of the Alan Belcher War Wagon, but I am a long-time member. We do not frown upon new fans, just as long as you're not bandwagon fans. So come on, hop on the wagon & enjoy the ride!

Budgellism
5/6/12 12:56:53PM
Can't believe he pulled it off
TeamDEY
5/6/12 12:59:50PM
Honestly I have been keeping an eye on Belcher for a while. I thought he would beat Palahares. I have had him in the top 10 for a while. Belcher IMO can be champion one day.
KingCmb
5/6/12 1:31:49PM
hes tough as nails and underrated i wouldnt say im on the wagon but the tattoo certainly always made me a fan
cowcatcher
5/6/12 1:34:42PM

Posted by the-king

hes tough as nails and underrated i wouldnt say im on the wagon but the tattoo certainly always made me a fan

It's the opposite for me, the tattoo has been the only obstacle keeping me off the war wagon. I think I'm on board now, though, he showed zero ring rust and went after a bad dude in his world and dominated. He's going to be a test for anyone.
Budgellism
5/6/12 1:52:56PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by the-king

It's the opposite for me, the tattoo has been the only obstacle keeping me off the war wagon. I think I'm on board now, though, he showed zero ring rust and went after a bad dude in his world and dominated. He's going to be a test for anyone.

I was gonna say, lol. The tatt is the worst part about Belcher.
FastKnockout
5/6/12 1:54:01PM
I'll admit I did think Palhares would win but I'm a big fan of Belcher. A lot of the guys here are. lol Can't just pick your favorites, though!
prozacnation1978
5/6/12 3:38:48PM
It was a hard pick for me. Paul Harris has been on a roll and i still wasn't sold on belcher coming back from the eye injury. Mcdonald wasn't really a tough fight. This was and i am glad he is back
Chael_Sonnen
5/6/12 3:44:22PM
Impressive victory.....but......no way he leap frogs Munoz if and when he beats Chris W.

Johnny Cash in his last 4 fights.

Wilson Gouveia - 2009
Patrick Côté - 2010
Jason MacDonald - 2011
Rousimar Palhares - 2012

Title shot? I think not, slow down the bus big fella.
pmoney
5/6/12 5:29:00PM
I've been on that warwagon since The Talent KO'ed Jorge Santiago at Fight for the Troops! I knew there was a reason we got along so well P_F!
Wallass
5/6/12 6:53:24PM
Belcher was a BIG underdog against Denis Kang too. The Cash man is a warrior!
shaneTpain
5/6/12 7:04:24PM
who woulda guessed The Talent was so.. talented
lohmann
5/6/12 7:14:18PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Impressive victory.....but......no way he leap frogs Munoz if and when he beats Chris W.

Wilson Gouveia - 2009
Patrick Côté - 2010
Jason MacDonald - 2011
Rousimar Palhares - 2012

Wow. I will add to it with a more complete list.

2009 - Dennis Kang
2008 - Ed Herman
2007 - Kalib Starnes
2007 - Sean Salmon
2006 - Jorge Santiago

Look at that resume! That's a list! Of wins! Against people.

Budgellism
5/6/12 7:26:35PM

Posted by pmoney

I've been on that warwagon since The Talent KO'ed Jorge Santiago at Fight for the Troops! I knew there was a reason we got along so well P_F!

That flip he did in his fight with Okami won me over. He's one of the most entertaining fighters in the division.
Poor_Franklin
5/6/12 7:33:43PM
i brought up Swick vs Hardy bc if you look at the wins on their resumes when they got a contender shot, they are comparable to Belcher's. I have no problem w/ him not getting a title shot, i was just saying that if they got one, & everyone else can ask for one, why can't Belcher?

I'd prefer him fight the winner of Bisping/Boetsch since i assume the Munoz/Weidman winner will get the shot.

im a munoz fan too. i'd love to see Munoz vs Belcher!!!!!
KungFuMaster
5/6/12 9:14:33PM
I don't think I was ever on the War Wagon - but I did picked Belcher. I had a feeling Palhares was a bit over-rated.
DeadHead988
5/6/12 9:46:47PM
Only thing keeping me off the wagon is that I've met and trained with him in person, and he was a grade A douche
Poor_Franklin
5/6/12 9:50:30PM

Posted by DeadHead988

Only thing keeping me off the wagon is that I've met and trained with him in person, and he was a grade A douche

ive heard this from many people so im sure it is true. im under the impression many of my favorite people in sports, movies, music etc are prolly douches in person too, so im cool with it. If i met him & he was a dick, it would prolly be different
DeadHead988
5/6/12 10:23:18PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by DeadHead988

ive heard this from many people so im sure it is true. im under the impression many of my favorite people in sports, movies, music etc are prolly douches in person too, so im cool with it. If i met him & he was a dick, it would prolly be different

Hard to deny his skill though, especially after last night.
infestructure
5/6/12 10:42:04PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by the-king

I was gonna say, lol. The tatt is the worst part about Belcher.

I'm sorry, I cannot join the war wagon of a fighter with a tattoo of Rosie O'Donnell
scoozna
5/7/12 10:11:51AM
That was some impressive GnP. It was a calculated bet, like Prozacnation said, that Paul Harris was hot, and Belcher would be rusty.
Chael_Sonnen
5/7/12 2:32:33PM

Posted by DeadHead988

bigrand826
5/7/12 3:03:45PM
I've liked Belcher as a fighter and was hoping he would win even though I didn't pick him. I always thought he beat Akiyama, and had he ended up on the other end of that SD, he'd be on a 7-fight win streak. I agree that based on what some guys have done and gotten a title shot, that Belcher is on the cusp.
LightsOUT23
5/7/12 5:27:06PM
I've been a huge fan of Belcher for a long time and thought he has been unlucky with Injuries etc prolonging his career as a title candidate.
I called it Belcher via TKO in round one. I think Dana white should boost Belcher straight up the ladder and give him a top 10 MW contender for his next fight.
Maybe a fight with Leben first could get him up into the higher end of that bracket. Then provided he beats Leben, i wanna see Belcher fight someone like Belfort, Stann or Bisping.
Chael_Sonnen
5/7/12 11:19:57PM

Posted by lohmann

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Wilson Gouveia - 2009
Patrick Côté - 2010
Jason MacDonald - 2011
Rousimar Palhares - 2012

Wow. I will add to it with a more complete list.

2009 - Dennis Kang
2008 - Ed Herman
2007 - Kalib Starnes
2007 - Sean Salmon
2006 - Jorge Santiago

Look at that resume! That's a list! Of wins! Against people.

Thanks for proving my point.....friendo.

You need a VIP pass to enlightenment
Hendo67
5/8/12 2:22:04PM
Belcher vs the winner of Bisping/Boetsh imo
Michael_Corleone
5/9/12 11:14:42PM
Glad he's back. I'm a fan.
BuffaloDave
5/10/12 10:23:21AM
I like Belcher as a fighter, but not so much as a person. Sounds stupid to say, since the Diaz brothers and Bones are some of my favorites, the clamoring for a title shot after every fight, rubs me the wrong way, along with the Cash tat. I never knew Johnny Cash has a Snooki pouf.

I wonder who brings it up more that they should get a title shot, Belcher or Bisping?