Alan Belcher and Vitor Belfort agree to meet at UFC 153 in Brazil

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Alan Belcher and Vitor Belfort agree to meet at UFC 153 in Brazil
« Previous Page
ghandikush
7/25/12 1:58:44PM
Vitor by animosity.... mark those words.
meier
7/25/12 4:06:09PM
They should make this a scaffold match
frizzzlecake
7/25/12 4:35:27PM

Posted by bjj1605

Belfort is not that good on the ground. I don't put much weight in his black belt.

Belcher beat Palhares on the ground.

MMA Math at it's finest.
Poor_Franklin
7/25/12 5:19:49PM

Posted by lll-lll

This is a bad match up. Belfort by murder. Ill be happy to see Belcher put back in his place. Im sick of seeing him discussed liek hes some contender because he beat one guy who isnt a world beater himself.

Now I hope this means Weidman fights Anderson!

Belcher beat one name. Weidman has beaten two. i guess if you beat one name, you're a fraud, but if you beat two, then that must make you the next MW champ of the world
ghandikush
7/25/12 6:32:16PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by lll-lll

This is a bad match up. Belfort by murder. Ill be happy to see Belcher put back in his place. Im sick of seeing him discussed liek hes some contender because he beat one guy who isnt a world beater himself.

Belcher beat one name. Weidman has beaten two. i guess if you beat one name, you're a fraud, but if you beat two, then that must make you the next MW champ of the world

belcher lost a lot of fights. What are you getting at?
shaneTpain
7/25/12 6:37:43PM
My moneys on the worst tattoo in the UFC
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Poor_Franklin
7/25/12 6:52:07PM

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by lll-lll

my point was there isnt much difference in the name recognition of their opponents.

losses arent always important, but im sure you know that as a die hard mma fan. vitor has 9. okami has 7. some people get title shots w/ 6 or 7 losses.

im not saying belcher is more deserving of a title shot than weidman. i think they are both on the same level at the moment & they are both a win away from a shot.
bjj1605
7/25/12 7:21:58PM

Posted by frizzzlecake

Posted by bjj1605

Belfort is not that good on the ground. I don't put much weight in his black belt.

Belcher beat Palhares on the ground.

MMA Math at it's finest.

How the hell is that MMAth?

Palhares and Belfort never fought. I'm not saying "Because Belcher beat Palhares, he will beat Belfort."

I was comparing their ground games.
ghandikush
7/25/12 9:10:25PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by ghandikush

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Posted by lll-lll

my point was there isnt much difference in the name recognition of their opponents.

losses arent always important, but im sure you know that as a die hard mma fan. vitor has 9. okami has 7. some people get title shots w/ 6 or 7 losses.

im not saying belcher is more deserving of a title shot than weidman. i think they are both on the same level at the moment & they are both a win away from a shot.

Belcher has A LOT less momentum behind him, and theres no way in hell he's beating Anderson, as far as a win away. I wouldnt disagree about what level theyre on technically, but stylistically Weidman is on a whole different level.

I get your point on losses but I believe you will see in time that Belcher has always been all hype when he loses a few to the divisions talent of today.
hymiekooken
7/29/12 7:16:50PM
No taking away from Belchers skills, but Vitor by k.o. definitely
Cooler
7/29/12 10:16:35PM
I know it was a long time ago but Belcher got destroyed by Jason Day and beaten up by Kalib Starnes before the cut stoppage.. Nothing against Belcher but I think he's out of his league here if he wants to bang. Vitor hits so much damn harder than Jason Day and is a way more complete fighter than anyone he's fought other than maybe Okami.
Pages: 1 [2]