11/1/12 6:48:13PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by SpiderSilva

Possably the Jets

nah the Jets have potential to win. Jacksonville doesn't

Not gonna lie. But I was thinkin Jacksonville before the Jets
kingsmasher
11/1/12 8:33:21PM
IM a Jacksonville fan and I do believe Alabama would beat the Jags....I dont think the Jags Oline would be dominant like they should over a college team...
ThaAxeMurderer7
11/1/12 8:43:49PM

Posted by kingsmasher

IM a Jacksonville fan and I do believe Alabama would beat the Jags....I dont think the Jags Oline would be dominant like they should over a college team...

That's hilarious.

But seriously, Alabama wouldn't beat the 2008 Detroit Lions.
Ordep
11/1/12 8:53:35PM
Anyone who believes the best college team can beat the worst pro team doesn't know shit about the sport. Spurrier just wanted some attention and to create buzz.

The same stuff was going on with Kentucky (NCAAM) and Charlotte (NBA) last year.
ChrisSabal
11/1/12 8:56:04PM
I can't wait till Bama loses. I hate them with all my might. That being said I do own an Alabama shirt and it is a Forrest Gump t-shirt jersey
george112
11/1/12 8:59:11PM

Posted by Ordep

Anyone who believes the best college team can beat the worst pro team doesn't know shit about the sport. Spurrier just wanted some attention and to create buzz.

The same stuff was going on with Kentucky (NCAAM) and Charlotte (NBA) last year.

I gotta agree with this
Bubbles
11/2/12 12:21:39AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by kingsmasher

That's hilarious.

But seriously, Alabama wouldn't beat the 2008 Detroit Lions.

but they would beat the 2012 Hamilton Tiger Cats
kingsmasher
11/2/12 12:30:35AM

Posted by Ordep

Actually I know this and have had this discussion...but last year Alabama had 9 starters on defense go pro....the others were undergrads...

The reason they say that the worst team in the NFL would beat the best in college is due to size on the Oline and Dline...

I know the Jags backwards and forwards..Not to mention you get small school Division 2 layers doesnt help...Not saying Jags would win or lose but we will never know....You can argue your opinion all day...But the Jags are extremely weak at the Oline...

Of course the Jags should win but I said I doubt the Jags offense unit would score...Especially without MJD...

I think Bama would score...their Oline is bigger than most NFLs

Years ago when this came out college guys were not as big as NFL guys...These days they hit the weight rooms early....Back then the guys on Oline were the size of a TE today...

but to be more clear Spurrier was talking about the team on how they run their offense....Not like most college teams that run the spread Alabama is close to an NFL team in all phases of play calling...
kingsmasher
11/2/12 12:37:17AM
Heres a link to the Oline and Depth chart of Alabama

Depth Chart

These guys can very well hang with some of the teams in the NFL

Not one guy under 300.....Spurrier knows what hes talking bout..Some of these guys would simply blow smaller defenses off the line...

Look at the defense side too...Cant just mouth off...

Um basketball comparisons too Lebron came outta high school..dunking on guys much older..IN other sports its actually easier to match up...

Football is the hardest...
Ordep
11/2/12 1:20:15AM

The O-line is essentially 5 player, 6 in formations including the TE. You have 11 players on the field. If the argument is that their O-line can hang.. yes.. probably for 1 quarter or a half. Can they beat an NFL team? Never! I know Alabama, I'm an UGA grad student and follow football (both play and recruiting). I'm not "mouthing off" as you suggest. I know they have X or Y numbers of players than went, are going, and will be going to the pros, and that they still have a lot of that talent on the bench (or redshirting for that matter). But is the entire team going pro? No. The Jaguars/Chiefs/Panthers/etc. rosters are 100% Pro-level athletes. No way an amateur team (in this case college) can beat them. Also, size doesn't equal performance. You can have all your team at 300 and is not granted that they will dominate smaller defenses. I've seen this myself. Look at the SI article from 2011 about Offensive Line weighs ( LINK ). UGA had the heaviest (#1 baby!) OL in the nation (both College and Pro) and I saw multiple times how smaller guys swept the floor with them and how the pocket collapsed play after play. So being heavy doesn't instantly translate to being good.

There was a really interesting comment in radio today. Something around the lines of why the NFL spreads rarely go over 16.5. Because all teams are on a pro-level and the worst team always have a chance to beat the best team no matter how much they are sucking at the moment.

I get that you are frustrated with the Jaguars. Again, the offensive line hang up? yeah...probably. Is AJ McCarron going to be able to read an NFL defense? Are the Bama defensive backs going to be able to keep up with the NFL receiver speed and strength in more complex routes? Are the Bama WR going to be able to get separation from NFL caliber defensive backs? How many hits are the Bama RBs going to handle from bigger and stronger ILBs with 6+ years of NFL play?

At the end is a team sport.

-----
Lebron?. yeah, straight from high school and a freak of nature, but is just one guy. Doesn't mean that his High School team would beat any NBA team.

Poor_Franklin
11/2/12 5:35:42AM
just bc a college player will go pro does not make him a pro when he is in college. even a team as deep as Bama would lose to any awful pro team.
Bubbles
11/2/12 8:58:12AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

just bc a college player will go pro does not make him a pro when he is in college. even a team as deep as Bama would lose to any awful pro team.

The Hamilton Tiger Cats disagree
kingsmasher
11/2/12 2:59:50PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

IN the same token just because guys end up at the Pro level does not mean they are pro caliber....

Please dont make me type out the busts through the NFL that have not measures up period.....Even first round busts.....So to say every NFL team has Pro caliber players does NOT represent the truth....

For instance the Jags have plenty of players that would not make many units in the NFL...The best DB on the Jags would not make the unit in Green Bay, Jets or Giants ...

In the end just cause a guy is drafted doesnt mean anything but he was good in college and could not make it in the pros...

Ryan Leaf for example pick 2 in draft and four years in the NFL doesnt mean he was a NFL caliber player...
kingsmasher
11/2/12 3:20:26PM

Posted by Ordep

The O-line is essentially 5 player, 6 in formations including the TE. You have 11 players on the field. If the argument is that their O-line can hang.. yes.. probably for 1 quarter or a half. Can they beat an NFL team? Never! I know Alabama, I'm an UGA grad student and follow football (both play and recruiting). I'm not "mouthing off" as you suggest. I know they have X or Y numbers of players than went, are going, and will be going to the pros, and that they still have a lot of that talent on the bench (or redshirting for that matter). But is the entire team going pro? No. The Jaguars/Chiefs/Panthers/etc. rosters are 100% Pro-level athletes. No way an amateur team (in this case college) can beat them. Also, size doesn't equal performance. You can have all your team at 300 and is not granted that they will dominate smaller defenses. I've seen this myself. Look at the SI article from 2011 about Offensive Line weighs ( LINK ). UGA had the heaviest (#1 baby!) OL in the nation (both College and Pro) and I saw multiple times how smaller guys swept the floor with them and how the pocket collapsed play after play. So being heavy doesn't instantly translate to being good.

There was a really interesting comment in radio today. Something around the lines of why the NFL spreads rarely go over 16.5. Because all teams are on a pro-level and the worst team always have a chance to beat the best team no matter how much they are sucking at the moment.

I get that you are frustrated with the Jaguars. Again, the offensive line hang up? yeah...probably. Is AJ McCarron going to be able to read an NFL defense? Are the Bama defensive backs going to be able to keep up with the NFL receiver speed and strength in more complex routes? Are the Bama WR going to be able to get separation from NFL caliber defensive backs? How many hits are the Bama RBs going to handle from bigger and stronger ILBs with 6+ years of NFL play?

At the end is a team sport.

-----
Lebron?. yeah, straight from high school and a freak of nature, but is just one guy. Doesn't mean that his High School team would beat any NBA team.

I apologize if you took mouthing off literally but the argument here really is a moot point....WHy? there is no actual proof to suggest you or I are right in teh end....

My argument is I know the Jags team and just because they are on the Jags dont mean they are Pro Caliber as you suggest every player in the league is pro caliber just cause hes in the NFL......Read the Jags chats...For two years Guy Whimper on the Oline is not a Pro PLayer.....Nobody seems to think he is....

Also as for reading defenses the Jags are basic.....If you do not know we are the worst at sacks...7 sacks this year...

Also to say you follow recruiting doesnt mean much either I fiollow it to and also the talent scouts on tHE jAGS ARE A FLAT OUT JOKE...

Look when the Jags drafted Tyson Alualu at tenth in the first round.....He was projected a late first round to mid second....We drafted him tenth...

Also if you want to make suggestions that Alabama QB could not read defenses in the NFL... Hate to tell you.....Blaine Gabbert can NOT either....period..his college stats were average at best...inconsistent....go LOOK...hes not a NFL caliber QB...Also if you want to talk WRs the Jags WRS are very slow....Even Justin Blackmon...He did well in college against smaller DBs....Hes only 6'1 and other WR is 6 foot...

I could go on and on and for the most part totally agree with the best college team beating the worst pro team....but just cause they are pro does NOT mean they could be in the case of the Jags...

I will say this though if you put a QB like Matt Stafford who was from Ga on teh Chiefs or Jags yeah they would definitely win....but IMO it will all come down to the QB....

I would put money if you put Tom Brady or Payton Manning or Maybe Matt Stafford on Alabama they would beat the Jags....

The Jags defense LBs are not that big the RB for Alabama is 6 foot 220...

Nick Saban has modeled and recruited a team to mimic a pro team....Also the way most pros play injured and such the gap is much closer is all im saying...

And the Jags are far far away from a pro caliber team...Yeah if we play Green Bay without their two starting DBs, 2 starting WRs, one who was injured on a wed....and lose by 9 well I would not call all our layers PRO CALIBER...

to suggest all PROS are Pro caliber and to suggest all college players are procaliber is silly...I know the argument and Imo THAT was an argument from 20 30 years...

Also John Parker Wilson even got drafted does that mean he is pro caliber?
Poor_Franklin
11/2/12 4:02:54PM
i love that you think those 19-20 year olds on Bama's side would whoop the grown men on your team. Have fun being a Jags fan.
kingsmasher
11/2/12 4:42:55PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i love that you think those 19-20 year olds on Bama's side would whoop the grown men on your team. Have fun being a Jags fan.

Its where I am from...
Poor_Franklin
11/2/12 5:07:03PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by Poor_Franklin

Its where I am from...

im not hating on you for being a fan. im laughing at you bc you have such little confidence in them that you think a college team would beat them.

Im a Cowboys fan. My team has a world of problems, but none of those include thinking they would lose to a college team.

Spurrier didn't say it bc he meant it. He said it bc it's the week of the Bama/LSU game & he wanted to get a comment in to Saban & put a little more expectations on their team. No way he believes that, bc he is a smart football coach & he knows that a college team wouldnt beat an NFL team.
SpiderSilva
11/2/12 5:17:06PM
The number one thing to remember here is starting NFL players are the best of the best of the best any loaded collage team maybe max 2-4 starters would start in the NFL. Plus they won't have the break away speed like.... Anyway I was joking about beating any NFL team.
kingsmasher
11/3/12 10:35:35AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

The number one thing to remember here is starting NFL players are the best of the best of the best any loaded collage team maybe max 2-4 starters would start in the NFL. Plus they won't have the break away speed like.... Anyway I was joking about beating any NFL team.

Actually the fastest guy in football period is in college right now at Oregon I believe or Oregon State...I just saw it on College Game Day....They said pro and all..

I started looking at the 2013 projected NFL draft......Alabama has 7 guys to be drafted in top three rounds 4 in first round..All of there OLine is projected to be in NFL...

31 - 14 Bama over LSU one LSU TD is a junk late game TD...
kingsmasher
11/3/12 10:57:57AM
Hilarious just watching College game day and htey brought up the Spurrier Comment again....Guy said no way can Bama beat a Pro team but the guy said well maybe the Jags.....and he gave the coaching edge to Saban for sure...
Poor_Franklin
11/4/12 1:46:38AM

Posted by kingsmasher

Hilarious just watching College game day and htey brought up the Spurrier Comment again....Guy said no way can Bama beat a Pro team but the guy said well maybe the Jags.....and he gave the coaching edge to Saban for sure...

i guess after that game tonight, LSU must have a good shot at the Jags too
SpiderSilva
11/5/12 8:07:06PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by SpiderSilva

Actually the fastest guy in football period is in college right now at Oregon I believe or Oregon State...I just saw it on College Game Day....They said pro and all..

I started looking at the 2013 projected NFL draft......Alabama has 7 guys to be drafted in top three rounds 4 in first round..All of there OLine is projected to be in NFL...

Draft status doesn't mean a dam thing. Well to you it does
Poor_Franklin
11/11/12 11:38:42AM
hey kingsmasher........we're waiting. we can't wait to hear about how bad A&M would be the Jags.
airkerma
11/11/12 12:06:55PM
My only reaction when watching Bama vs A&M
prophecy033
11/11/12 2:11:43PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Heres a link to the Oline and Depth chart of Alabama

Depth Chart

These guys can very well hang with some of the teams in the NFL

Not one guy under 300.....Spurrier knows what hes talking bout..Some of these guys would simply blow smaller defenses off the line...

Look at the defense side too...Cant just mouth off...

Um basketball comparisons too Lebron came outta high school..dunking on guys much older..IN other sports its actually easier to match up...

Football is the hardest...

No they couldn't. Spurrier was jusr trying to ruffle Sabins feathers. Vegas did a line on a game between The Jags and Bama and had The Jags favoried by 24. Jacksonville is one of the worst teams in the league. Vegas knows what their talking about
prophecy033
11/11/12 2:14:08PM

Posted by kingsmasher

Posted by SpiderSilva

His name is De'Anthony Thomas and he's #6 for the Oregon Ducks.....DAT
Pages: [1] 2