Akiyama vs. Starnes for final Dream Grand Prinx Matchup...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Akiyama vs. Starnes for final Dream Grand Prinx Matchup...
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/22/08 12:49:06AM
Hey Dream is still looking for an opponent for Akiyama. If Starnes has any sense at all he'll petition for that final spot, and try like hell to win. Its the only way he'll ever get his carrerr back. Right now the press on him is hot, bad press is still good press as far as promoting an unknown event is concerned.

Dream wants Akiyama to advance, people want Starnes to get KTFO, plus the press. Starnes on the other hand needs to prove he's still a fighter...a win would almost erase the Quarry disaster.
cmill21
4/22/08 12:51:49AM
Akiyama's out.
wolfman
4/22/08 12:53:33AM
Yeah, he's out due to a nasal fracture. Link
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
4/22/08 1:04:19AM
Damnit...I have no clue who's going to win this thing now...
EON
4/22/08 1:36:57AM
i guess Akiyama is out but he would do what Quarry couldnt, punch a hole through his face

everybody hates the Starnes/Quarry fight, i dont, Quarry tried everything to KO him and if he wasnt chasing him the whole fight he would have gotten the KO, Starnes was getting owned everywhere and didnt know Quarry had cleaned up his striking, what pissed me off was the damn audience booing Quarry winning and booing that Starnes wasnt winning because of nationalism, its so stupid and childish, cheer for the guy winning not what part of earth you were born on, jeez
oleg
4/22/08 7:42:36PM
I think they were booing because Starnes refused to fight, not because he was losing.
emfleek
4/22/08 10:39:47PM
Have Akiyama & Starnes compete in a 100 meter dash. The nasal fracture doesn't come in to play if they do it that way...
chubbud22
4/23/08 12:42:19AM

Posted by emfleek

Have Akiyama & Starnes compete in a 100 meter dash. The nasal fracture doesn't come in to play if they do it that way...

Starnes would smoke him in a running match.
Kpro
4/23/08 1:06:21AM
All kidding aside; I spent 45 minutes last night looking for something funny to post relating to Starnes "running" and found myself laughing at all of the youtube videos of people falling off of treadmills.

But alas, I kept them all to myself.