akiyama ud contoversial!??!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » akiyama ud contoversial!??!
fonduktoe
7/12/09 3:50:51AM
it was fairly close but to use the words controversial (mmaweekly.com) seems to be a stretch for me
i had alot of money on belcher but i felt the right man's hand was raised at the end of that fight
imo no way did belcher win 2 out of 3 rounds
they were tit for tat in the stand up which leaves akiyama's takedowns and ground control to put it over the top
controversial my ass the harding v davis fight was much closer point wise
i'm actually surprised it was split as i had it scored an obvious 29-28 akiyama
the fact that one judge had it 30-27 akiyama and another had it scored 29-28 belcher reinstates my belief that the judging and scoring system in mma blow
cmill21
7/12/09 4:04:27AM
I had it for Sexyama, but people I watched with thought Belcher had it.
Macheetah
7/12/09 4:05:25AM
I had it 29-28 Belcher, I was shocked when someone scored all three rounds for Akiyama.
fonduktoe
7/12/09 4:13:31AM

Posted by Macheetah

I had it 29-28 Belcher, I was shocked when someone scored all three rounds for Akiyama.

just out of curiosity what made you score it for belcher
i thought they traded blows equally on the feet but akiyama completely controlled the clinch and ground game
hippysmacker
7/12/09 5:28:30AM

Posted by fonduktoe

it was fairly close but to use the words controversial (mmaweekly.com) seems to be a stretch for me
i had alot of money on belcher but i felt the right man's hand was raised at the end of that fight
imo no way did belcher win 2 out of 3 rounds
they were tit for tat in the stand up which leaves akiyama's takedowns and ground control to put it over the top
controversial my ass the harding v davis fight was much closer point wise
i'm actually surprised it was split as i had it scored an obvious 29-28 akiyama
the fact that one judge had it 30-27 akiyama and another had it scored 29-28 belcher reinstates my belief that the judging and scoring system in mma blow

DCRage
7/12/09 8:18:12AM
I had it a close 29-28 Belcher, each round really could've gone either way. I gave the 2nd round to Akiyama. But I disagree with the 30-27 Akiyama.
mentalcase
7/12/09 8:52:18AM
should be no controversy at all

akiyama won 2 rd to 1 pretty clearly

link
PABLOMAFIOSO
7/12/09 10:00:05AM
I thought Akiyama won 2 out of 3 rounds. It was really annoying to hear the commentators on the side of Belcher. Even before the third round was over Goldie was praising the fact that Belcher was on his way to victory
KaibaThedon
7/12/09 11:13:29AM
I thought it was a pretty clear cut 29-28 for Akiyama.
Khaos
7/12/09 11:44:49AM
I had Alan belcher winning, and I even think that Akiyama won. I gave him rounds 1 and 2, and could see how one could give him the 3rd though I personally didn't, no controversey, Akiyama 29-28.
Wallass
7/12/09 1:23:32PM
I tookm Akiyama and thought that it was a Belcher 29-28 decision or Akiyama by 29-8 as the first round couold have went either and Ble cher won 3rd and Akiyama 2. Everyone I watched with had Belcher winning. Close fight though that was good for both guys.
nickcuc547
7/12/09 1:31:32PM
good post, i felt the exact same way, if belcher got the split decision i would have had no problem with it either, it was a good fight but i think the judges got it right, akiyama did a little bit more. rogan just gets a hard on every time some lands a few leg kicks ala forrest vs. rampage.
Bloodhound
7/12/09 1:45:36PM
i was pretty surprised Belcher didnt win that decision, screwed up my pick lol
komodo20
7/12/09 1:51:17PM
Alan Blecher so won this fight i was shocked when they called akiyama name and one judge had it 30-27 i don't know what fight he was watching but i had it 29-28 Blecher.
nickcuc547
7/12/09 1:54:07PM

Posted by komodo20

Alan Blecher so won this fight i was shocked when they called akiyama name and one judge had it 30-27 i don't know what fight he was watching but i had it 29-28 Blecher.

but when you see that it is pretty much split down the middle as far as post fight opinions are concerned you can't ask people what fight they were watching, it was obviously ver close and too close to call it a screw job.
NatedawgThaM
7/12/09 6:44:29PM
I thought Sexyama won, Joe Rogan definitely was bias the whole time. Not maybe intentionally but they were mentioning everything Belcher did good alot more then what sexyama was doing and thats what i hate sometimes when they talk about one fighter more then the others doing in the fight and that influences who people think are winning. Great fight though, best fight of the night IMO but I defintely think Sexyama eeked it out.
TimW001
7/12/09 7:50:56PM
Well I watched the fight without commentary, and Yoshihiro won 30-27.
Sam_Rothstein
7/12/09 8:24:37PM
I gave the first two to Akiyama and the 3rd to Belcher. I think he won a UD fair and square.
telnights
7/12/09 8:49:51PM
I was there at the event and I'm still in Vegas till tomorrow. I felt Akiyama won the fight. I had it 29-28 Akiyama. I had him winning round 1 and 2 with Belcher taking the 3rd. I watched the event on tape delay from my room and was shocked how bias Joe came off. Saying Belcher got robbed was just crazy with the fact that it was a close fight.
MMAFightClothes
7/12/09 8:56:27PM
Akiyama won the fight in my opinion, but some of the people I watched with thought Belcher won. I think they're wrong, but it was a close fight.
Irish_Pride
7/12/09 9:02:13PM
I had the fight 29-28 for Akiyama. I gave Akiyama the 1st and 2nd rounds and gave Belcher the 3rd. I think both the 1st and 3rd rounds were pretty close, both those rounds could have went either way but the 2nd round was all Akiyama, I mean he was on top of Belcher on the ground for about 3 minutes of the round. I don't see why Mike Goldberg was saying that Alan Belcher was on his way to victory around the start of the 3rd round, that really had me confused, I don't know what he was watching, probably Holly Madison haha.
Francis
7/12/09 9:29:19PM
It was definitely too strong to say that Belcher was robbed. It was a close fight. Personally, I scored it 29-28 Akiyama.

Fight Metric picks Akiyama 29-28, with Akiyama winning the 1st and 2nd pretty handily, and Belcher just barely squeezing out the 3rd round with a slim 148 to 144 point margin.

I can easily see why someone could give this to Akiyama as 30-27.

http://fightmetric.com/fights/Akiyama-Belcher.html
prozacnation1978
7/12/09 10:08:19PM
very close akiyama landed harder shots
and i had him winning 29-28 razor sharp decision
mk1630
7/13/09 12:11:48AM
I Had Akiyama winning the 1st and 2nd rounds but was surprised that they actually gave him the win because the way Rogan and Goldie were talking throughout the fight. Honestly you would have thought Akiyama was getting run over if u were just listening to it. Glad to see he got the niod and cant wait to see what he does in the division.
Drudinh
7/13/09 2:45:46AM
I am biased and wanted Akiyama to win... but I was unsettled when they commented that alan was robbed. I felt it was a fight that was judged fair.
Naturaldisaster
7/13/09 4:35:02AM
I gave a slight edge to belcher, but i knew it could go either way. Akiyama won RD 1, RD 2 and Belcher did more in the 3rd but that 2nd round is what decided it. Im glad akiyama won cuz it was a great fight. idk how one judge gave it to him 30-27 though
shane
7/13/09 5:46:49AM
29-28 Akiyama

Rush
7/13/09 9:22:04AM
I think Rogan went a little far to say that Belcher got robbed. I thought the fight was very close. I agree I don't know how one judge scored all three rounds to Akiyama (must have been dazed by the sexiness), but I could see how it would be a SD or UD by a score of 29-28 either way.
ravanunen
7/13/09 9:44:06PM

Posted by TimW001

Well I watched the fight without commentary, and Yoshihiro won 30-27.

I watched it in a noisy sports bar, no commentary, both I and the guy I happened to sit next to had Akiyama with a solid victory.