Akiyama, Belcher, Henderson, and Lawlor Earn Record UFC 100 Fight Night Bonuses

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Akiyama, Belcher, Henderson, and Lawlor Earn Record UFC 100 Fight Night Bonuses
scobac
7/12/09 7:59:23PM
Yoshihiro Akiyama, Alan Belcher, Dan Henderson, and Tom Lawlor each earned record $100,000 Fight Night bonuses for their performances of Saturday at UFC 100.
link
Sam_Rothstein
7/12/09 8:27:22PM
Belcher Vs Akiyama got FOTN? Undercard must of sucked then. It was a good fight but I didn't think it would be the best.

$100,000! that is so cool. Hendo deserves all of it plus more for making my dreams come true.
bojangalz
7/12/09 8:51:45PM
I've been trying to find a stream of the Miller/Danzig fight. By the pbp I was reading last night, I would have figure that would get FOTN
cowcatcher
7/12/09 8:56:22PM
i thought miller danzig was great and deserved FOTN, but akiyama/belcher was spent mostly on the feet so i guess thats why it got the nod.
prozacnation1978
7/12/09 9:54:51PM
i am surprised by lawlor bonus first 4 fights of the card had 3 submissions all by guillotine no less, they showed have split it 3 ways
shannon gugherty was the sickest of all of them
haggiswashere
7/12/09 10:32:48PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

i am surprised by lawlor bonus first 4 fights of the card had 3 submissions all by guillotine no less, they showed have split it 3 ways
shannon gugherty was the sickest of all of them

Well its hard to submit CB... since his first tapouts never count haha
Khaos
7/13/09 1:28:15AM
CB get choked out cold and Bisping Knocked Dead (as former WEC LHW Doug marshall would saw) were by a far the two most satisfying fight finishes for me in UFC history. Lawlor callng out Lesnar, GSP, and the WEC was f**king hilarious as well.
RearNakedJoke
7/13/09 6:49:28AM
to win fight of the night i think you need to make it on tv. akiyama vs belcher seemed like the only fight that wasnt completely one sided all night.

lawlors choke was great! even better that it was CB and so quick.

LOVED seeing bisping lying like a corpse in a coffin while hendo jumped on his face! all my dreams for the event came true at that moment.
RNC
7/13/09 7:23:39AM
Akiyama vs Belcher got the FOTN because the UFC wanted to give Akiyama a very warm welcoming. Akiyama has major drawing power all over the world, and the UFC wants to keep him happy.
tmas
7/13/09 12:39:32PM
or just because they deserved it.......

i agree 100% with all bonus's me and some friends watched the fights, and these are the 3 we all thought deserved it so good it happend....and yes seeing Bisping get K T F O!!!!d was the best moment in recent history in the UFC, he should have been given 100 MILLION for that one!!!!!

HENDO FOR PRESIDNET!