Airkerma's real time Fantasy UFC game

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » Airkerma's real time Fantasy UFC game
« Previous Page | Next Page »
airkerma
2/22/12 1:33:01PM

Posted by tattflash

Nice try Trevail, I like the way you have made it easier for players to see what fighters have been picked. Now that the majority of top fighters and Champions have been picked ( bar GSP) would it be a problem to maybe picking two fighters per pick ? once the current pick has ended on the last man, it may quicken the game up a wee bit

Nice trevail.
I would like the idea of picking two at a time but when would we start?
Poor_Franklin
2/22/12 1:55:46PM

Posted by tattflash

Now that the majority of top fighters and Champions have been picked ( bar GSP) would it be a problem to maybe picking two fighters per pick ? once the current pick has ended on the last man, it may quicken the game up a wee bit

i vote against.....
i know this might take a bit, but the person who gets the last shot at picking 2 fighters is going to get hosed big time. i say we stick w/ one at a time
emfleek
2/22/12 1:59:13PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i vote against.....
i know this might take a bit, but the person who gets the last shot at picking 2 fighters is going to get hosed big time. i say we stick w/ one at a time

Seconded. Had the game started out that way, I wouldn't be opposed. We all knew going in that it was going to be a long process. I say we stick with how it's being done now.
trevail
2/22/12 2:14:20PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i vote against.....

Seconded. Had the game started out that way, I wouldn't be opposed. We all knew going in that it was going to be a long process. I say we stick with how it's being done now.

I agree. It's not like everyone isn't aware that we are trying to get this done. If anything we should either shorten the time limit, or add a penalty like a -2 point deficit for missing a turn or make it that you can't make up your missed pick until your following turn. This way it hurts the guys that miss their turns rather than those that are last to pick.
Budgellism
2/22/12 2:44:15PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Poor_Franklin

i vote against.....

thirded? But yeah, I don't like the idea of switching when we're already half way through this.
emfleek
2/22/12 3:10:35PM
I wouldn't be opposed to changing the time limit, though. In 2 days, I think we've made a total of 5 picks?
airkerma
2/22/12 3:15:00PM
Cut time limits in half? I realize we all have busy lives but >12hrs to pick a fighter is kind of pushing it. If people are waiting on making their picks and already know who they want they can just pm them to me and I will post it for them.
hashyandy4
2/22/12 3:46:02PM
emfleek
1. Josh Koscheck
2. Thiago Silva
3. Lyoto Machida
4. Ed Herman
5. Mark Hominick

prophecy033
1. Jon Jones
2. Demetrious Johnson
3. Michael McDonald
4. George Sotiropoulos
5. Maximo Blanco

airkerma
1. Frankie Edgar
2. Miguel Torres
3. Rampage Jackson
4. Charles Oliveira
5. Demian Maia

shaneTpain
1. Anderson Silva
2. Dan Henderson
3. Martin Kampmann
4. Ian McCall
5. Chad Griggs

TheBudCan
1. Dominick Cruz
2. Chael Sonnen
3. Erick Silva
4. Travis Browne
5. Siyar Bahadurzada

hashyandy4
1. Junior Dos Santos
2. Chad Mendes
3. Jake Shields
4. Gray Maynard
5. Mark Munoz

Playground_Samurai
1. Joseph Benavidez
2. Rousimar Palhares
3. Brian Stann
4. Evan Dunham
5. ON THE CLOCK

sparky
1. Jose Aldo
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Shogun Rua
4. Urijah Faber

danclarke1992
1. Alistair Overeem
2. Nate Diaz
3. Rashad Evans
4. Diego Sanchez

Poor_Franklin
1. Ben Henderson
2. Anthony Pettis
3. Erik Koch
4. Alan Belcher

tattflash
1. Carlos Condit
2. Jim Miller
3. Jimmy Hettes
4. Stefan Struve

trevail
1. Dustin Poirier
2. Chris Weidman
3. Edson Barboza
4. Stephen Thompson

Budgellism
1. Vitor Belfort
2. Renan Barao
3. Jake Ellenberger
4. Johnny Hendricks

Bubbles
1. Donald Cerrone
2. Rory MacDonald
3. Fabricio Werdum
4. Thiago Alves

Rabi
1. Michael Bisping
2. Alexander Gustaffson
3. Yushin Okami
4. Clay Guida
prophecy033
2/22/12 3:53:47PM
I don't really care for changing the time limit. Let's say someone picks a guy an hour after I go to bed and I sleep 8 hours. When I get up, my windows been closed for an hour. I'm against it
Budgellism
2/22/12 3:54:47PM

Posted by prophecy033

I don't really care for changing the time limit. Let's say someone picks a guy an hour after I go to bed and I sleep 8 hours. When I get up, my windows been closed for an hour. I'm against it

This.
Rabi
2/22/12 3:57:46PM
I'm for keeping the draft how it is, I don't like to see the rules change during a game!
emfleek
2/22/12 4:01:46PM

Posted by Rabi

I'm for keeping the draft how it is, I don't like to see the rules change during a game!

For the most part, I agree. My main issue is with having to wait on the same people over and over. Especially when they're actively posting elsewhere in the forums yet not making their picks in the game forum, which happens quite a bit.
Poor_Franklin
2/22/12 4:04:29PM

Posted by prophecy033

this was my worry about changing time limit

keep things the way they are. if folks dont like it, then tough noogies
emfleek
2/22/12 4:26:48PM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

keep things the way they are. if folks dont like it, then tough noogies

airkerma
2/22/12 4:28:39PM
Poor_Franklin
2/22/12 4:48:59PM
shaneTpain
2/22/12 5:04:48PM

Posted by emfleek

My main issue is with having to wait on the same people over and over. Especially when they're actively posting elsewhere in the forums yet not making their picks in the game forum, which happens quite a bit.

at the rate the draft is progressing we might be finished by UFC 157
trevail
2/22/12 5:08:47PM
A point penalty would only effect those that are taking too long without any adverse effects on those of us that are paying attention.
airkerma
2/22/12 5:16:25PM
My issue with the point penalty is that people in different time zones can get screwed
I would just rather people pm me several picks ranked in order of importance in advance so we could avoid an issue altogether
hashyandy4
2/22/12 5:27:56PM
emfleek
1. Josh Koscheck
2. Thiago Silva
3. Lyoto Machida
4. Ed Herman
5. Mark Hominick

prophecy033
1. Jon Jones
2. Demetrious Johnson
3. Michael McDonald
4. George Sotiropoulos
5. Maximo Blanco

airkerma
1. Frankie Edgar
2. Miguel Torres
3. Rampage Jackson
4. Charles Oliveira
5. Demian Maia

shaneTpain
1. Anderson Silva
2. Dan Henderson
3. Martin Kampmann
4. Ian McCall
5. Chad Griggs

TheBudCan
1. Dominick Cruz
2. Chael Sonnen
3. Erick Silva
4. Travis Browne
5. Siyar Bahadurzada

hashyandy4
1. Junior Dos Santos
2. Chad Mendes
3. Jake Shields
4. Gray Maynard
5. Mark Munoz

Playground_Samurai
1. Joseph Benavidez
2. Rousimar Palhares
3. Brian Stann
4. Evan Dunham
5. Stipe Miocic

sparky
1. Jose Aldo
2. Cain Velasquez
3. Shogun Rua
4. Urijah Faber
5. Jon Fitch

danclarke1992
1. Alistair Overeem
2. Nate Diaz
3. Rashad Evans
4. Diego Sanchez
5. Chan Sung Jung

Poor_Franklin
1. Ben Henderson
2. Anthony Pettis
3. Erik Koch
4. Alan Belcher
5. On The Clock

tattflash
1. Carlos Condit
2. Jim Miller
3. Jimmy Hettes
4. Stefan Struve

trevail
1. Dustin Poirier
2. Chris Weidman
3. Edson Barboza
4. Stephen Thompson

Budgellism
1. Vitor Belfort
2. Renan Barao
3. Jake Ellenberger
4. Johnny Hendricks

Bubbles
1. Donald Cerrone
2. Rory MacDonald
3. Fabricio Werdum
4. Thiago Alves

Rabi
1. Michael Bisping
2. Alexander Gustaffson
3. Yushin Okami
4. Clay Guida
prophecy033
2/22/12 5:51:59PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Rabi

For the most part, I agree. My main issue is with having to wait on the same people over and over. Especially when they're actively posting elsewhere in the forums yet not making their picks in the game forum, which happens quite a bit.

yeah, those assholes. I know I'm one of those said people, I apologize to you personally for making you wait. I haven't been paying close enough attention. I'm gonna start subscribing to hopefully combat that
Playground_Samurai
2/22/12 6:03:55PM
Stipe Miocic
prophecy033
2/22/12 6:13:43PM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Stipe Miocic

ooh, sleeper
sparky
2/22/12 8:01:05PM
Jon Fitch
emfleek
2/22/12 9:32:53PM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Stipe Miocic

You motherfu...
Bubbles
2/22/12 10:24:34PM
damn it Sparky!

I too am opposed to changing the time limits. I currently work 11h shifts, plus 40-45 min commute each way 3x a week, so thats almost 13h away. I could miss both my picks in that time if I happen to be working that day (where I get no internet access). And as Prophecy said, a normal sleep period can also screw you. Keep it as is
sparky
2/22/12 10:51:42PM

Posted by Bubbles

damn it Sparky!

did I steal ur pick
TheBudCan
2/23/12 12:07:41AM

Posted by Bubbles

damn it Sparky!

I too am opposed to changing the time limits. I currently work 11h shifts, plus 40-45 min commute each way 3x a week, so thats almost 13h away. I could miss both my picks in that time if I happen to be working that day (where I get no internet access). And as Prophecy said, a normal sleep period can also screw you. Keep it as is

I agree, too, gents. I'm on 16 hour shifts Friday, Saturday and Sundays, and tens the rest of the week. I typically come home and check the site, but once in a while, I crap out when I get home. I'll try to be more on top of it.
danclarke1992
2/23/12 2:55:25AM
chan sung jung
tattflash
2/23/12 3:03:50AM
Okay, bad idea, how about once you have made your selection, you then PM the next player in line to let them know it is there turn to pick, if they are on the site, then they have no excuse. Actually I am sure someone came up with that idea earlier in the thread
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38