Airkerma's Real Time Fantasy 2013, Drafting Begins 1/1/13

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Side Games » Airkerma's Real Time Fantasy 2013, Drafting Begins 1/1/13
Next Page »
airkerma
12/10/12 10:34:42AM
1. Players will draft a fight team at the very beginning of the game, the sooner the better so that it gets more interesting. This will be a snake draft, with draft order selected at random.
2. Teams will be dynamic, with certain trading, drafting, releasing allowed but resulting in penalties.
3. You score points based on the fighters you own, but there are no salary related handicaps or restrictions etc. For instance, you may pick anyone you want, but the only way you score points is if they fight and win.
4. The scoring is real time. Nothing will be based on past performances other than what factors into picking a team.
5. Should your fighter get cut from the UFC or go on an uncomfortable losing streak you can drop them at a 5 point expense and pick up a free agent. You may only do so twice per month. You may not drop a fighter if doing so will put your score into the negatives.
6. Rosters: We will maintain the previous rules regarding classes and limits:
No more than 4 fighters from 1 division, minimum of 1 fighter per division, Maximum/Minimum 1 Fly/WUFC fighter as there aren't enough to allow more than 1 per person. The rosters will be comprised of 14 fighters each.
7. Time: The most time intensive portion of this game will be the draft. Until everyone gets the hang of the system, I will tally the points. You will only score points when a fighter you own fights, so updates will only occur after a UFC event. This game will last one year
Scoring system:
Each player has a team comprised of your drafted fighters.
Gains
1. Your fighter wins a fight: 8 points
2. Your fighter finishes the fight: additional 2 points rd 3, additional 3 points rd 2, additional 5 points rd 1.
3. Your fighter earns S/K/FOTN: additional 8 points
4. Your fighter fights for a title: additional 5 points
5. Your fighter headlines a card: additional 3 points
6. Your fighter is on the main card: additional 1 point

Losses
1. Your fighter loses a fight: -2 points
2. Your fighter gets finished: -2 points rd 3, -3 points rd 2, -5 points rd 1 (in addition to original -2 points)
3. Dropping a fighter is a -5 point penalty when you draft a free agent
4. If your fighter completely misses weight, you will be assessed a 5 point penalty
airkerma
12/10/12 10:35:42AM
Rosters

1. airkerma
Benson Henderson LW

2. emfleek
Chris Weidman MW

3. sparky

4. rabi

5. shaneTpain

6. jjeans

7. bubbles
Frankie Edgar FW

8. budgellism

9. edward
Jose Aldo FW

10. hashyandy4

11. tattflash
Jon Jones LHW

12. danclarke1992
Renan Barao Pegado BW

13. trevail
Georges St. Pierre WW

14. poor_franklin
Erik Silva WW

15. Playground_Samurai
Alistair Overeem HW

16. Fajitaman
Bubbles
12/10/12 10:46:11AM
-5 for missing weight, but no penalty if they make weight on another try

also can we can keep 2 people from our current roster as "keepers"? If we add new members then they can draft in the first 2 rounds while our keepers will be our picks in the first 2 rounds. Similar to a fantasy football league draft

p.s. im in
emfleek
12/10/12 10:49:28AM
I'm in!
Budgellism
12/10/12 10:54:00AM
I'm in again
sparky
12/10/12 10:54:12AM
I'm In
jjeans
12/10/12 10:59:37AM
In

"also can we can keep 2 people from our current roster as "keepers"? If we add new members then they can draft in the first 2 rounds while our keepers will be our picks in the first 2 rounds. Similar to a fantasy football league draft "

Seems a bit unfair to the new guys, that's all the champions gone straight away then
Rabi
12/10/12 11:01:39AM
Im in, Im not keen on Bubbles idea of keeping fighters, I think a new game should mean a fresh start, that way you can encourage new players to join in as well.
emfleek
12/10/12 11:06:14AM

Posted by Rabi

Im in, Im not keen on Bubbles idea of keeping fighters, I think a new game should mean a fresh start, that way you can encourage new players to join in as well.

This.
Bubbles
12/10/12 11:27:11AM
well it's not like those of us picking after the 8th spot will be able to get a champion either. It's no biggie, just a suggestion
Edwards
12/10/12 11:32:23AM
i'll be in if theres room
shaneTpain
12/10/12 12:46:35PM
I'll try again
airkerma
12/10/12 1:42:22PM
-5 for a total fail on making weight sounds good? this excludes guys who make it after an additional attempt
I do like that idea bubbs but it would be a severe disadvantage for new guys...or if we're comparing it to fantasty football, guys like me who have crap teams that should jsut be flushed down the toilet and never spoken of again.
Good to have you guys back
hashyandy4
12/10/12 2:04:01PM
Im In
tattflash
12/10/12 2:14:21PM
me too
Poor_Franklin
12/10/12 3:22:52PM
i wanna play!
danclarke1992
12/10/12 6:10:12PM
I'm in
sparky
12/18/12 6:40:07PM
I personally think that this time around we should have a deadline for dropping/trading fighters
Bubbles
12/18/12 6:45:48PM

Posted by sparky

I personally think that this time around we should have a deadline for dropping/trading fighters

or have a restriction where you cant drop a fighter for X amount of time after they fight
emfleek
12/19/12 10:23:49AM
Personally, I don't think a deadline slis warranted since there's already a points penalty for dropping fighters.
airkerma
12/19/12 11:28:56AM

Posted by emfleek

Personally, I don't think a deadline slis warranted since there's already a points penalty for dropping fighters.

I mostly agree with this. In this game I don't think a deadline makes much sense because there are no playoffs for the game or for the UFC, contrary to how other fantasy games run. There were virtually no "trades" during the game which I would consider restricting, so that doesn't really need to be overhauled. I think bubbles is onto something though, perhaps a mandatory holding period for a fighter so that the teams aren't completely different every few weeks. I would like to pursue that idea and will think up different concepts for something along those lines. Or perhaps an increasing penalty so that those who consistently add/drop will begin to get hit harder with penalties. Any thoughts on these ideas, feel free to enlighten us all.
Rabi
12/19/12 11:49:34AM
I like the idea of limiting each player to a certain amount of trades per calender month.

I would personally go for either 1 or 2 trades each per month and if you dont use your trades then they DO NOT carry over.
tattflash
12/19/12 1:12:53PM
I also think the bottom two of the previous season should get a 20 point handicap head start
jjeans
12/19/12 1:34:16PM

Posted by tattflash

I also think the bottom two of the previous season should get a 20 point handicap head start

It's a new season, no headstarts or anything. We're starting from scratch
airkerma
12/19/12 6:35:44PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by tattflash

Sorry J, tatt is right. Just for this outbreak you start with -50
tattflash
12/20/12 11:58:16AM

Posted by airkerma

Posted by jjeans

Posted by tattflash

Sorry J, tatt is right. Just for this outbreak you start with -50

I like your leadership skills Airkierma
Playground_Samurai
12/27/12 9:09:52PM
Can i still get in on this. Im back and ready to start dominating side games again.
Poor_Franklin
12/28/12 5:25:19AM

Posted by Playground_Samurai

Can i still get in on this. Im back and ready to start dominating side games again.

i personally would love to see more gspfan... ahem excuse me.....see more Playground_Samurai in the sidegames
fajitaman8
12/29/12 7:38:43PM
I'm in
airkerma
12/31/12 11:02:15AM
Drafting will open up 12:01am prime meridian time aka nowish for people with est time zones. I will post the order in a minute, I'm currently getting a haircut while posting.
When you draft a player please post the full name and the weight class.
To speed things up, pm the person in line after you when you pick.
I will edit the first page where the players are listed and those will become the official rosters.
We will vote on the modifications to this version of the game throughout this week

You will have 8 hours to pick a fighter before the next person in line gets to pick
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20