UFC 89 To Air Free On Spike?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC 89 To Air Free On Spike?
DCRage
7/3/08 6:43:14AM
That's what it sounds like according to F4WOnline's Dave Meltzer. He reports that UFC 89 will air free on Spike TV and be followed by a major PPV one week later.

Article
nickcuc547
7/3/08 6:49:26AM
if that's the case then i take back everything i said about the main event, that's as good of a free tv main event you'll ever get.
whardin19
7/3/08 7:09:56AM
If this is true, which I thought to be the case the first time I heard about the main event. Then this is going to be a really good free event. The Bisping vs. Leben fight will not only be a slugfest it will probably compete for Fight of the Year. Although I'll probably be routing for Leben, Bisping is going to win this thing.
gsquat
7/3/08 9:16:31AM
Hey, Bisping vs Leben looks fine for a main event now.
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/3/08 9:30:01AM
makes sense, hope it happens
juanez13
7/3/08 9:31:04AM
Bisping Vs Leben
Sanchez vs Alves

and free, best free card we've gotten so far
holt8081
7/3/08 10:11:01AM

Posted by juanez13

Bisping Vs Leben
Sanchez vs Alves

That good I can use a break from buying the PPV's
Khaos
7/3/08 10:28:53AM
I hope this is true, it's a great card for TV, not so much for a PPV main event and co-main event.

I really hope it airs on TV, but even if it didn't I'd order it

LEBEN by MURDER!!!
king_katool
7/3/08 12:00:44PM
hopefully it'll stay free id they add the spide vs okami to it like they want to
JimiMak
7/3/08 12:23:42PM
w/ the matches right now, it better be free.

They may not do it for free if AS can defend his belt that night tho.
Figsak
7/3/08 12:47:15PM

Posted by juanez13

Bisping Vs Leben
Sanchez vs Alves

NUH UH!

I Personally think the Penn Pulver fight was the best free event I'd ever seen.
RMFG_187
7/3/08 12:49:47PM
I heard that A Silva will fight that night at 205 if he beats irvin, and/or Kongo will be fightiing too.
postman
7/3/08 5:06:40PM
Is Bisping ever going to fight in the states agian? Maybe next they will have GSP only fight in Canada. Its like the UFC is going to make sure that guy has all the cards in his corner everyfight, and if that isn't enough then he will have the judges too. I don't know why but i just don't like that guy.
Cobbs666
7/3/08 10:41:27PM
i have heard this how many times now that events will be free on spike and then they are not, so until i see it on ufc.com or see a video of dana saying it then i will not believe it
NatedawgThaM
7/3/08 10:43:40PM

Posted by juanez13

Bisping Vs Leben
Sanchez vs Alves

Two sick fights that could go either way since in both fights you pretty much know what the fighters game plans are but know they won't be lacking if it went to were they didn't want to go.

I'm lovin' it, hopefully this is the case!!!
telnights
7/4/08 12:08:08AM

Posted by juanez13

Bisping Vs Leben
Sanchez vs Alves

Oh how fast they forget....

UFC - Fight Night 13 or UFC 75...Don't get me wrong its a good looking card but there have been a few really good free cards.
joshryanshepherd
7/4/08 2:17:00AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by juanez13

Bisping Vs Leben
Sanchez vs Alves

UFC - Fight Night 13 or UFC 75...Don't get me wrong its a good looking card but there have been a few really good free cards.

And what about nations collide?

Bisping, Arlovski, Sinosic, Werdum, CroCop, Kongo, Machida, and Gonzaga!! thats what i call a free card!
EON
7/4/08 5:13:51AM
Leben and Thiago ftw
telnights
7/4/08 6:59:19AM

Posted by joshryanshepherd

Posted by telnights

Posted by juanez13

Bisping Vs Leben
Sanchez vs Alves

And what about nations collide?

Bisping, Arlovski, Sinosic, Werdum, CroCop, Kongo, Machida, and Gonzaga!! thats what i call a free card!

I don't disagree at all like I said there has been a few really really good free cards.
CCPRIDE99
7/5/08 1:36:01PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by juanez13

Bisping Vs Leben
Sanchez vs Alves

Two sick fights that could go either way since in both fights you pretty much know what the fighters game plans are but know they won't be lacking if it went to were they didn't want to go.

I'm lovin' it, hopefully this is the case!!!

umm no diego would "lack" because thiago would beat the hell out of diego on the feet
and honestly i think he would do the same if they were on the ground
BlueSkiesBurn
8/6/08 11:49:44PM
If this is true then I just became the happiest man on the planet. Alves vs Machida.....and free. I couldn't care less about Bisping and Leben but I will attend church and tithe away for a free Alves/Machida fight.