This ain't survivor, you don't vote 'em off. . .

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » This ain't survivor, you don't vote 'em off. . .
JoeySteel
9/24/08 11:03:34PM
Did you catch that last quote by Dana on next week's TUF teaser?

"This ain't survivor, you don't vote 'em off, you got to beat 'em off."

He caught himself, but too late Dana. Too late.

That shot was hilarious. The house looks funny this year, and a few of those fighters look BAD ASS. Real good. I was impressed with that Nelson kid, and about 3 others.

TUF!
throwmeahotone
9/24/08 11:34:10PM
yea i thought that was pretty funny, but it takes away some of Danas gay points b/c he caught himself
mrkennedy
9/24/08 11:57:02PM
junie is involved in like 10 fight in the house i hope he dont get kick out of the show
JoeySteel
9/25/08 12:04:53AM
amen. that dude looks sweet, drunk, but SWEET. I am so glad he beat that NYC douche bag!
jiujitsufreak74
9/25/08 12:12:07AM
this is the first TUF that i am excited fro since TUF 2. i really like thee way Mir coaches, that guy has a real career in being a corner man imo.
MALICE
9/25/08 12:14:11AM
That was funny.

It looks like there's a dozen fights at the house this year. Looks crazy.
haggiswashere
9/25/08 12:18:34AM
I knew that kid junie was gonna get in a fight. Stupid kid anyways.
DevonFoxy
9/25/08 12:34:09AM

Posted by mrkennedy

junie is involved in like 10 fight in the house i hope he dont get kick out of the show

Yea was he bulking up to Bader? I think I saw that but could be wrong.

If he does that Dana is going to have to pick parts of Junie up around the house and I really don't think that will make TV.
mrkennedy
9/25/08 1:16:50AM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Posted by mrkennedy

Yea was he bulking up to Bader? I think I saw that but could be wrong.

If he does that Dana is going to have to pick parts of Junie up around the house and I really don't think that will make TV.

i noticed that too

and someone knock him down
Naturaldisaster
9/25/08 1:44:09AM
when dana said i almost died laughin.
Naturaldisaster
9/25/08 1:46:56AM
on top of that, someone knocks someone out in the room.
juanez13
9/25/08 7:11:15AM

Posted by Naturaldisaster

on top of that, someone knocks someone out in the room.

Looks like Junie is the one getting KO'd, but it seemed as it was intentional. probably alcohol being involved, than Junie trying to be tough asks somebody to punch him in the face
emfleek
9/25/08 8:49:17AM

Posted by juanez13

Looks like Junie is the one getting KO'd, but it seemed as it was intentional. probably alcohol being involved, than Junie trying to be tough asks somebody to punch him in the face

That's what I thought.

It looks like the drunken douchebaggery will be in full force once again for this season. Such a shame.
Darnok
9/25/08 4:39:54PM

Posted by JoeySteel

Did you catch that last quote by Dana on next week's TUF teaser?

"This ain't survivor, you don't vote 'em off, you got to beat 'em off."

He caught himself, but too late Dana. Too late.

That shot was hilarious. The house looks funny this year, and a few of those fighters look BAD ASS. Real good. I was impressed with that Nelson kid, and about 3 others.

TUF!

Damn that was funny. I was thinking of posting a topic on it as well but didn't have time to get to my computer.

So I guess you "beat" me to it.
gsquat
9/25/08 6:11:08PM
Twas funny. I had hoped the civility of the fighters would have been elevated this season but it appears as though I'm terribly mistaken. Good fighter or not, we need to be concerned about the savage types entering MMA. They give the sport a horrible name. I want to see guys who take it completely seriously and don't think about anything but winning the show. I understand drama in the house makes for good ratings, but the kind of things I saw to come can bring the entire sport down. Don't be an ass, show some class.
Ben_Hutch
9/25/08 9:14:18PM
I'm having a blonde moment, the fact that it's 2.10am doesn't help either:

What's so funny about Dana saying you beat em off?
nickcuc547
9/25/08 9:24:45PM
these guys all sound nuts from the promo, it looks like it's going to be a pretty good season, which is awesome because i was pretty disappointed in the last two.
jiujitsufreak74
9/25/08 9:39:08PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

beat em off = jack them off
disorderlyvision
9/25/08 9:50:58PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

disorderlyvision
9/25/08 9:52:11PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Ben_Hutch

now he is probably wondering who this Jack fellow is, and where is he off to?

Jackelope
9/25/08 11:24:50PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Ben_Hutch

now he is probably wondering who this Jack fellow is, and where is he off to?

LOL! I dunno if Brits say "Beat off" in the same context as Americans do. That may be why he was confused
atlus
9/25/08 11:43:28PM
ok lets see, i gotta agree on the whole ethical thing, dana white put down kimbo slice for being a lousy street fighter but then he'll promote a show that induced the lifestyle of savage fighting, mma is a sport where two athletes get into a ring and fight until one beats the other, not senseless street fights in the house, it makes for good tv, but theyre not representing any better than kimbo is, at least kimbo started fighting like an athlete
mrkennedy
9/26/08 12:24:21AM

Posted by atlus

ok lets see, i gotta agree on the whole ethical thing, dana white put down kimbo slice for being a lousy street fighter but then he'll promote a show that induced the lifestyle of savage fighting, mma is a sport where two athletes get into a ring and fight until one beats the other, not senseless street fights in the house, it makes for good tv, but theyre not representing any better than kimbo is, at least kimbo started fighting like an athlete

its not street fighting its drunk fighting
JoeySteel
9/26/08 12:39:46AM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

Dana saying "you beat 'em off" is synonymous with him calling them wankers, but explicitly saying they wank each other.
bls1919
9/27/08 10:03:38PM
When i heard him sat it i almost shit. And i hope Juni isnt as bad as the editing for the promo of the episode showed