Ahhh...it's great to be single again...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Ahhh...it's great to be single again...
emfleek
1/9/09 1:55:16PM
After 2+ years, I'm ready to start nailing all of the fish that are out there in the ocean...or something like that.

Things I enjoy about being single...

- I come and go when I want to come and go.
- I watch what I want on TV at all times.
- I can leave the toilet seat up without being bombarded by bitching.
- I can have the volume up on the TV as high as I want.
- I can dip and dab in random poontang at my leisure.

For those of you who have been "locked down" and are now single, what do you enjoy most about it?

For those of you who ARE locked down...what do you miss about being single?

GO!
wiggum
1/9/09 2:01:16PM
im locked down...what i miss is getting wasted and bangin random b***hs
Shawn91111
1/9/09 2:08:02PM
Not so much the single life, but life without a child. Mine is 8 months old and there are days when I miss sleeping in when I want, going out when I want etc.
Wolfenstein
1/9/09 2:16:13PM
I'm always more inclined to be the F buddy than the boyfriend, and it's the best. Things I like best about it...

Variety of Women- Being with the same girl gets old for me real fast. I don't know, I just get sick of people easilly. Plus once you start dating someone it always seems like every girl you've ever known suddenly wants your nuts.

My time is my Time- One of the worst things about a relationship is the amount of time you have to invest. I hate plans being made for me, or discussing what we're going to do on X night. I like to go out when I want to go out, and do things that I want to do. Yeah I'm selfish like that.

Not a big cuddler- Cuddling is cool for the first few minutes, then it just sucks when you're trying to sleep. Seriously get your head off my chest so I can breath and get to sleep.

Hanging out with friends is more fun- When you're with someone and hanging out with friends, it's always awkward unless it's a couple. Otherwise you have a bunch of third wheels. You also have to act a little different, be a little more careful about what you say. It's a total drag.

Less Cleanup- I live like well...a single guy. Don't have to clean up the house as much to impress, which is awesome. Girls without attachments don't tend to sweat that kind of stuff unless they're looking for a boyfriend.

Being single is great, enjoy it.
Pookie
1/9/09 2:26:05PM
It even feels like the Air you breathe is fresher when your single.
postman
1/9/09 3:49:16PM
Its been so long I don't even rember what it was like! I think I remember it being cool being able to go where I want when I want and buy what I want when I want. The second is more due to the fact that I have so many more bills now then I did then.
cmill21
1/9/09 4:49:33PM
welp I will spare you the nasty details but after 4 years of dating, talk of kids, and engagment rings I am free. Now let me tell you about my night last night, wen't to the bar, got kicked out for sexual activity in a booth, came back in, made out with another girl and finally on my way home I made out with another girl, the last of which being verrry hot, but unfortunetly I would rather date a girl, and so I may have to date another girl.
Aaronno9
1/9/09 6:08:42PM
Ive had the same girlfriend since I was 17, and as you can all see from the drunk thread im pretty big on going out and getting wasted with my buddies. As the years go by its becoming more and more difficult to not just buck some random chicks. I mean, im happy with my girlfriend, but i need some variation! lol. I came pretty close not to long ago but i managed to resist. Dont no how many more times im gona beable to say that haha.
urbman
1/9/09 6:20:22PM
Congrats on your new found freedom..Was wondering your thoughts on your cubbies signing of Bradley?Seems to be a decent player when he can stay healthy.
Aether
1/9/09 7:01:23PM
I don't know, personally I do all of that stuff with or without a girlfriend, minus the sleeping around. If a girl wants to tell me where I need to be and when to be there or bitch at me about doing whatever I want in my own house, how loud the tv is etc. she's not for me.

Plus I'm just a monogamous person. I have a crippling disability when it comes to women... I'm attracted to their personalities and intelligence more than anything. It sucks because most people are pretty dumb and shallow so it really narrows my playing field. lol. For some reason I find stupid girls physically repellent no matter how attractive they are. It sucks because there are a number of times where I've passed on free sex because of it.

Because of all of that relationships are a way better fit for me.
RampageOwnedYou
1/9/09 7:56:55PM
I just got out of a 2+ year relationship to my ex which was my fiance. We had a child together as well. So been single 3 months.
Its do enjoy being single again, and ways i dont. But with what you said about toilet seat and other things i.e bitching. I am happy to be without that.

But as Shawn said, having a child is tough. When i have her on weekends. Weird having nobody around to help with the child no more. Just me, and dont get to sleep whatsoever. She is 14 months old.

Kpro
1/9/09 10:50:18PM
If you need to get some on the side, just buy a blowup doll with the entrance on the side of the hip.

Get it? On the si.... ah, forget it.
CwB
1/10/09 8:25:13PM
i had a gf for almost three years and i was miserable with her and felt stuck. ended up cheating alot getting caught a couple times and it all just made it worse we broke up over a year ago and i have been enjoying the single life. but i have just recently met another girl and i feel like i am ready to get into another relationship again. so here we go again...

goold luck at single life its a little lonely at first and its weird sleeping in a bed alone after years straight with someone next to ya

1 warning though i had about a three month dryspell after the break up (which sucked so much i cant even explain) and it kind of threw me off a little bit so go get laid and have fun and try not to get caught up in the emotions of a break up
MMAcca
1/11/09 12:34:32AM
I miss freedom.....
tdietel01
1/11/09 10:36:11AM
I am divorced after 5 years and I will tell you the worst part about being single...................... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
It is the best feeling in the world. I have a king size bed that i sleep diagnally in cause i have noone to share it with! I eat what i want, watch what movies i want, hang out with friends when i want depending on when i can get a babysitter. I do have 2 daughters that live with me full time. I have UFC posters hanging up in my living room and nobody to btch at me for it! here is something that really annoyed me when i was married..... I would play halo online and she would bitch at me for not spending time with her.... so i would go in the other room with her and she would insist on watching a dumb ass tvshow and not even talking or interacting with each other?!?! what then was the point of being in the room? that is the kind of shit i dont miss at all! congradulations to you sir for being free! enjoy your time off
dannyfrank
1/11/09 10:48:24AM

Posted by tdietel01

I am divorced after 5 years and I will tell you the worst part about being single...................... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!
It is the best feeling in the world. I have a king size bed that i sleep diagnally in cause i have noone to share it with! I eat what i want, watch what movies i want, hang out with friends when i want depending on when i can get a babysitter. I do have 2 daughters that live with me full time. I have UFC posters hanging up in my living room and nobody to btch at me for it! here is something that really annoyed me when i was married..... I would play halo online and she would bitch at me for not spending time with her.... so i would go in the other room with her and she would insist on watching a dumb ass tvshow and not even talking or interacting with each other?!?! what then was the point of being in the room? that is the kind of shit i dont miss at all! congradulations to you sir for being free! enjoy your time off

higdon10
1/11/09 2:33:44PM
I enjoy being in a relationship. Well, I love the relationship that I'm in now. But I understand everything you guys are saying.
SpiderSilva
1/11/09 3:37:47PM

Posted by higdon10

I enjoy being in a relationship. Well, I love the relationship that I'm in now. But I understand everything you guys are saying.

Svartorm
1/12/09 7:25:56PM
I'm currently in a relationship with a great girl, so I can't sympathise really. That and I don't believe in one night stands, so the single life really isn't for me. I do like dating, but I'm a very authentic guy and don't pretend to be someone I'm not, so dates can go VERY badly depending on the poor girl that didn't know I'm a nationalist Republican gun-toting killing machine who sleeps all day.

As for dudes in relationships that hate it, if you're 100% straight up while dating, you'll have very few girlfriends, but the ones you do have will be awesome because they'll accept you as a person, and not be totally stunned to find out who you really are down the road.

Also, on the issue of dry spells, I went six YEARS. Honestly, after about six months, you pretty much forget what its like and don't sweat it too much, but you definitely feel like you're going to be lame in the sack when you get back to it.
emfleek
1/13/09 9:40:37AM

Posted by Svartorm

Also, on the issue of dry spells, I went six YEARS. Honestly, after about six months, you pretty much forget what its like and don't sweat it too much, but you definitely feel like you're going to be lame in the sack when you get back to it.

Amen. I'm rockin' a 9-month dry spell right now. At this point, a wet towel folded in half would suffice.
pv3Hpv3p
1/13/09 12:19:51PM
I'm locked down... I don't mind living with my old lady or anything... But what I do hate is having to go hang out with her friends... Not that they're dicks or anything... It's just that I got plenty of my own friends... And hell I don't even really like half of them, the last thing I want is more schmucks around that drive me nuts...

For example, this weekend... Am I watching Hendo / Franklin and the return of Shogun? Nooooo, I get to go to some stupid girl's b-day at some stupid place with a bunch of retards that I don't know...
Solidus
1/14/09 12:42:20PM
I've been in two long term relationships that were bad but despite my problems with them ive never felt "locked down" or controlled. If you're having this problem and unhappy about it, you've probably settled and need to find something else. I've always done what I want g/f or not, and wouldnt have it any other way.
gsquat
1/14/09 5:56:41PM
Good luck fleek. I'm married and wouldn't have it any other way. My wife is gorgeous and is the best looking girl wherever we go. Even after two kids. Not a stretch mark to show. She cooks awesome and takes care of the kids while I'm at work. She's a gamer too. I don't really miss being single. Go ahead and say it's because I've forgotten, but ignorance is bliss. I've got it made.
urbman
1/14/09 10:27:46PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I'm locked down... I don't mind living with my old lady or anything... But what I do hate is having to go hang out with her friends... Not that they're dicks or anything... It's just that I got plenty of my own friends... And hell I don't even really like half of them, the last thing I want is more schmucks around that drive me nuts...

For example, this weekend... Am I watching Hendo / Franklin and the return of Shogun? Nooooo, I get to go to some stupid girl's b-day at some stupid place with a bunch of retards that I don't know...

Sounds like you need to get sick this weekend,and let your lady go out with her girlfriends.
pv3Hpv3p
1/16/09 9:32:16AM

Posted by urbman

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Sounds like you need to get sick this weekend,and let your lady go out with her girlfriends.

If it was only as easy as calling into work... I get the feeling that things wouldn't go over too well, if I was knee deep in a bottle of scotch rewatching my DVR'd UFC I just ordered when she got home... lol

I've been pulling strings all week and am really hoping that I can get out of this one... I also found out that I guess I have plans for the weekend of the 24th!!! No Affliciton?!?!?! WTF is going on in my life?
Ordep
1/16/09 9:44:12AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by urbman

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

If it was only as easy as calling into work... I get the feeling that things wouldn't go over too well, if I was knee deep in a bottle of scotch rewatching my DVR'd UFC I just ordered when she got home... lol

I've been pulling strings all week and am really hoping that I can get out of this one... I also found out that I guess I have plans for the weekend of the 24th!!! No Affliciton?!?!?! WTF is going on in my life?

Remember it airs live first at 3pm ET , no chance for that either ?
gsquat
1/16/09 2:21:42PM
Dude. You totally just reminded me. I would've forgotten. Thanks. But I'm still gonna give you a shitty avatar after the 31st.
MMAcca
1/17/09 2:55:39PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Posted by urbman

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

Sounds like you need to show someone who's boss in your house