Ahead of title shot, Strikeforce's Nate Marquardt says he feels great without TRT

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Ahead of title shot, Strikeforce's Nate Marquardt says he feels great without TRT
prophecy033
6/26/12 11:03:54PM
Life without testosterone replacement therapy has been "challenging," Nate Marquardt today told reporters during a media teleconference, but it hasn't derailed his career.

"I've had to find a lot of ways to combat it, and I've had to change my training schedule," Marquardt (31-10-2 MMA, 0-0 SF) said in advance of his fight with Tyron Woodley (10-0 MMA, 8-0 SF) at "Strikeforce: Rockhold vs. Kennedy." "But bottom line is, I'm training hard and I feel great. I've felt like this before in training and done awesome."

And after ceasing use of the controversial treatment earlier this year, Marquart said he wants to move on with his life.

"I'm so sick of answering TRT questions," he added. "You'd think the media would want to talk about something new anyway. It's kind of old news. But I've got a title fight coming up, and I feel great."

Link
Pookie
6/27/12 8:38:40AM
If he feel great without TRT, than he probably shouldn't have been on it in the first place.
MMAcca
6/27/12 4:43:19PM

Posted by Pookie

If he feel great without TRT, than he probably shouldn't have been on it in the first place.

Too true.

So who prescribed him it.

Bad, shady, bad things are going on.......?
Boo_Radley21
6/27/12 5:12:31PM
Strikeforce title = smartest retard
prophecy033
6/28/12 10:19:31PM

Posted by Pookie

Bet he wishes he hadn't now that he's been cut by the UFC. But he is fighting for a championship in a veery winnable fight against woodley and since its in Strikeforce i get to see it, with Strikeforce coming to Portland
Chael_Sonnen
6/28/12 10:35:12PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Boo_Radley = Lance Bass
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
prophecy033
6/28/12 10:37:11PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Boo_Radley = Lance Bass

Recycled Post?
Kpro
6/28/12 10:59:34PM

Posted by Pookie

Reading between the lines that the NSAC and therefore basically any AC won't allow TUE's for TRT's for fighers who have had issues with testing above levels in the past and/or testing positive for other banned PED's, he actually may not be allowed to be on TRT even if he had all the paperwork right, was seen by an AC appointed Endocrinologist, and was at 1:1 at fight time. That's what I get out of this article.
Boo_Radley21
6/29/12 2:01:10AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Boo_Radley = Lance Bass

Come at me, bro...