UFC 75 Aftermath : Future fights I see happening

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » UFC 75 Aftermath : Future fights I see happening
hotrodttt
9/9/07 8:01:47PM
1. Jess Liuadin - He looked great standing and I think he is ready for tougher opponents , The UFC should give him the winner of Hironaka vs Thiago Alves

2. Dennis Siver - This guy looks like a beast at 155 , he got caught in a triangle early but powered out of it , he has great kickboxing and he could be a forced to wreckon with in the Lightweight Devision , he should fight the winner of Jorge Grugel vs Alvin Robinson

3. Thiago Silva and Houston Alexander looked awesome in their TKO victories , they should fight and really see who i the most explosive new comer

4. Gleison Tibau - WOW ! This guy is so big for a Lighweight , he held Etim down for 3 straight rounds , Him and Kurt Pelligrino would be a great fight , they match up well and you could see a fight with them in the future

5. Marcus Davis - The Irish Hand Grinade showed heart in his victory , to see if he is top 10 , they should put him against the winner of Jon Fitch vs Diego Sanchez or the winner of Josh Burkman vs Forrest Petz

6. Cheick Kongo - He impressed me , but I really can' t see him beating anyone with wrestlin and a decent ground game , I see him in a Championship match with Randy Couture

7. Mike Bisping - Now he relly did not win IMO , I see him moving down to 185 because I don't think he wants to get tooled again like he did against Hamill and mabey he fights the winner of Kalib Starnes vs Alan Belcher if the UFC stops babying him

8. Rampage Jackson - It is Rampage's time , I don't see him loosing to anyone right now , he has truley evolved into the best fighter at 205 , I see him facing Shgun in the future

Tell me what you think
Jackelope
9/9/07 8:20:04PM
Unfortunately I have not watched the undercards yet, but here goes -

Marcus Davis looked really good for damn sure. Unfortunately I can't agree with him fighting the winner of Diego vs. Fitch. Possibly the loser, but I don't feel Marcus has earned the right to fight the winner of that match. Whoever wins between Diego and Fitch should get a shot at Matt Serra after Hughes dominates him.

I think Kongo/Gabe Gonzaga is a good match up. They both beat Mirko, and Kongo definitely needs to face another person or 40 before he's ready to contest for the title.

Bisping needs to move down to 185 for damn sure. Even though I've posted that I could see how a judge could score round 2 and 3 for Bisping I still think the UFC is babying him and if he intends at all to build himself a more impressive record he needs to move to MW. Otherwise I see him facing up against Rashad.

Rampage looked damn good. I never would have thought he'd take out Hendo like that. Mad props to Rampage. However, I hope Shogun dominates like we've all expected he's going to.
mkiv9secsupra
9/9/07 8:41:09PM
rampage looked pretty sloppy at times. on the ground he did amazing.....just as expected. i still think wandy has his number.
Rush
9/9/07 9:04:45PM

Posted by hotrodttt

6. Cheick Kongo - He impressed me , but I really can' t see him beating anyone with wrestlin and a decent ground game , I see him in a Championship match with Randy Couture

Really? I wasn't impressed with Kongo at all. Cro Cop was fighting like his mother just died and he didn't care what happened. I'm sure the two knees to groin didn't help, but Cro Cop looked like crap after the 2 min mark (or so). Kongo really didn't look like he improved at all IMO
johny_rotten
9/9/07 9:14:06PM

Posted by hotrodttt

1. Jess Liuadin - He looked great standing and I think he is ready for tougher opponents , The UFC should give him the winner of Hironaka vs Thiago Alves

2. Dennis Siver - This guy looks like a beast at 155 , he got caught in a triangle early but powered out of it , he has great kickboxing and he could be a forced to wreckon with in the Lightweight Devision , he should fight the winner of Jorge Grugel vs Alvin Robinson

3. Thiago Silva and Houston Alexander looked awesome in their TKO victories , they should fight and really see who i the most explosive new comer

4. Gleison Tibau - WOW ! This guy is so big for a Lighweight , he held Etim down for 3 straight rounds , Him and Kurt Pelligrino would be a great fight , they match up well and you could see a fight with them in the future

5. Marcus Davis - The Irish Hand Grinade showed heart in his victory , to see if he is top 10 , they should put him against the winner of Jon Fitch vs Diego Sanchez or the winner of Josh Burkman vs Forrest Petz

7. Mike Bisping - Now he relly did not win IMO , I see him moving down to 185 because I don't think he wants to get tooled again like he did against Hamill and mabey he fights the winner of Kalib Starnes vs Alan Belcher if the UFC stops babying him

8. Rampage Jackson - It is Rampage's time , I don't see him loosing to anyone right now , he has truley evolved into the best fighter at 205 , I see him facing Shgun in the future

Tell me what you think

Rampage along with BJ are my favorite fighters, but I have to disagree with you him not losing. He does look great, and on top of his game, but Shogun wins 99 out of 100 times. Quinton better hope Shogun stumbles against Forrest because if he doesn't Rampage's days with the belt wll be numbered.
Aether
9/9/07 9:34:18PM
I agree with most of that, but I disagree that Rampage is the best 205er now. He has definitely improved a lot, but I still think the Chutebox style is his kryptonite. I doubt he'll ever be able to beat Shogun... Maybe Wanderlei at this point with his recent improvement and Wandy's back to back losses and time off. I guess that depends on if Wanderlei has used his time to get past the psychological damage that comes with suffering such brutal losses.

I don't think Kongo was very impressive either. His striking is good, but it's not any better than it has been in the past, and the only reason it appeared that his groundgame had improved even slightly is because he was facing a fighter with a weak ground game who was also fighting as a shell of his former self. I agree that Kongo will never be able to beat anyone who isn't a pure striker. Put him in the ring with someone like Gonzaga, Werdum, BigNog and he'll get subbed in a matter of minutes pretty much guaranteed.
Bass
9/9/07 10:45:44PM
put davis in there against lytle
KissMyBallz
9/9/07 10:52:25PM
good points.

I think Ramapge has to really work hard to stay on top and seems to have the right guys there to make sure he works hard and doesent slip. They were right on about everthing in his training and strengths/weaknesses.

He always has to keep in mind that Wanderlei and Shogun are right around the corner. Unless for some reason that neither of them win enough times to get a title shot, he should train with that always in mind.

I honestly think Rampage's next opponent will be something crazy. Maybe Houston Alexander, maybe someone else. WHo knows?

hotrodttt
9/9/07 11:12:58PM

Posted by Bass

put davis in there against lytle

Chris Lytle would be a huge test for him , nobody can finish that guy
jocksmall
9/9/07 11:15:09PM
i agree this is rampages time but did u see his fight against shogun the first time. oh my god it was a beating.
Ultimate_fighter
9/9/07 11:43:42PM
Usually what UFC does is have 2 fighters on the same fight card but fighting other opponents, then later on fight....

ex) GSP VS SERRA, KOS VS SANCHEZ. = GSP VS KOS
I noticed that this as happen a ton....

So i am thinking...
1. Henderson vs Bisping
2. Hamill vs Henderson
3. Houston Alexander vs Bisping
4. Alexander vs Henderson
5. Alexander vs Hamill

Then rampage fighting one of the guys later on....

I think they are going to have one of these fights for sure in the near future....
Ultimate_fighter
9/9/07 11:47:00PM

Posted by jocksmall

i agree this is rampages time but did u see his fight against shogun the first time. oh my god it was a beating.

But Rogan said when he was in pride he was training with amateurs... he didn't have a great camp. Now look at him, training with kongo, vera, bisping. His trainers are so good, he is now the LHW UFC CHAMPION!!!!
loonytnt
9/10/07 1:19:23AM
rampage does got good guys to train with now that helps a lot
Sheddy
9/10/07 9:07:56AM
I picked Hendo to win. He started out good, especially in the first.
But Rampage did well, and has great stamina. It's no mean feat to control Dan on the ground.

I agree with a few here though.
Ramapge is gonna have to put in some overtime to stay on top.
205 is solid, and Shogun will beat them all.
johny_rotten
9/10/07 9:19:38AM

Posted by Ultimate_fighter

Usually what UFC does is have 2 fighters on the same fight card but fighting other opponents, then later on fight....

ex) GSP VS SERRA, KOS VS SANCHEZ. = GSP VS KOS
I noticed that this as happen a ton....

So i am thinking...
1. Henderson vs Bisping
2. Hamill vs Henderson
3. Houston Alexander vs Bisping
4. Alexander vs Henderson
5. Alexander vs Hamill

Then rampage fighting one of the guys later on....

I think they are going to have one of these fights for sure in the near future....

Yeah it just won't happen anytime to soon. The next 6-8 months at LHW will look like this, barring major upset:

Shogun vs Rampage and Wandy vs Chuck probably the same card on Dec 29th.

Winner of Wandy/Chuck fights winner of Shogun/Rampage.

Hamil and Bisping won't be in a title fight anytime soon. After watching Rampage vs Henderson it really made apparent how ametureish those two are.