AFTERMATH OF UFC 76

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » AFTERMATH OF UFC 76
hotrodttt
9/24/07 1:59:27AM
After the latest UFC people might have a lot of quetions , I will answer them , I'm gonna tell you guys the things I see in the future

Keith Jardine - I see him fightin a rematch with Forrest Griffin or fight Wandy since him and Chuck won't happen

Forrest Griffin - Put him against a top guy like Jardine or put him against Houston Alexander

Jon Fitch - I see him fighting Karo for the # 1 contendership

Diego Sanchez - I see the UFC giving him a gimme fight like Rich Clamenti or he moves down to 155

Tyson Griffin - Put him against Roger Huerta

Thiago Tavarez - This guy is a stud , let him fight the top guys at 155

Lyoto Machida - Make him fight someone tough like Houston Alexander or the winner of Rahad vs Tito

Djbb
9/24/07 2:17:15AM
I'm trying to like Keith Jardine, but I'm kinda seeing him as the guy whos going to become famous for beating an older, slower Chuck Liddell. I know Chuck has pretty much fallen off the ladder but the Chuck I saw at Liddell vs Couture would've massacred Jardine. Although I do give Jardine his due respect for shocking the world, I'm just saying I don't think hes proven himself as a top-level competitor yet.

Forrest Griffin, yeah, that guy is going to shine in big ways. I actually didn't bet on Shogun vs Griffin because I was so unsure of the fight, but Griffin definately turned alot of heads.
hotrodttt
9/24/07 10:08:02AM
Yeah man right when I heard Shogun did not have a gameplan then I wanted to pick my favorite fighter but I could not
HulkRage
9/24/07 10:26:56AM
That sounds like it is right on the money.
I hate to say it, but Forrest and Jardine to rematch for the #1 contenders spot may be up next, or Alexander vs Machida.
brooklynbadass
9/24/07 10:42:06AM
id like to see griffin jardine 2 now, and have wanderlei "industries" silva face houstan alexander

outside of that I think its up in the air to who will face rampage next
Yaknowhaimean
9/24/07 11:43:50AM

Posted by hotrodttt

Keith Jardine - I see him fightin a rematch with Forrest Griffin or fight Wandy since him and Chuck won't happen

Forrest Griffin - Put him against a top guy like Jardine or put him against Houston Alexander

Just a few thoughts:
-I doubt they'd throw any high level competition at Wandy for his first fight back in the UFC (look at the kids gloves they used for Cro Cop, Rampage, Herring [backfire!], etc.) Although maybe I'm wrong, since they put Shogun up against Forrest... hmmm...

-I know the Dean knocked out Forrest, but are we sure he is a higher ranked fighter currently? Hard to say for certain, and both were awesome Saturday, but I was more impressed with Forrest's body of work than Jardine's. Still a rematch does seem inevitable.

-Houston Alexander is sick. Love that guy.

-Fitch vs. Karo would be an awesome fight, unfortunately the winner would still have to wait til after Serra vs. Hughes AND after Serra/Hughes vs. GSP. I'd still love to see it though.
keith-hackney1
9/24/07 11:52:17AM
It needs to be jardine vs forrest 2, then machida vs houston. Then the two winners fight, then the winner fights for title against rampage.
Vanderlei vs houston would work good too, then chuck and shogun could start from the bottom against each other.
I really wanna see tyson griffin fight roger heurta for the number one contendership. Plus, i wanna see john fitch finally get a shot at a top 3 fighter, his win over sanchez should solidfy his contendership as one of the best.
JBatch
9/24/07 1:53:12PM
If DIego moves down he will fight someone like Din Thomas, Melvin Guillard or a lesser know striker as he seems to have a rough time with skilled ground guys like Clementi.

At 205 - Jardine vs. Alexander 2, Shogun vs. Machida, Griffin vs. winner of Tito/Evans, Iceman vs. Bonnar.

As for the LW division after "The Finisher" Florian's performance on Wednesday past I would say there is a bit of a mess atop the LW division. All 3 of Florian, Stevenson and Penn deserve a title shot but who will be the two to step in and have the opprotunity.

edit- And Fitch should fight Marcus Davis
wapttn
9/24/07 2:02:52PM
Dana is gonna ask chuck if he still wants wandy, and if he does (which he probably will), they're gonna make it happen. The fans want to see that fight, and chuck has a limited amount of fights left. How angry would the fans be if we never got to see that fight? if that isnt liddels next fight, thats a legitimate risk.

Neither griffin or jardine deserve a title shot yet.. they both beat serious contenders, but neither of those contenders were fighting like themselves. The wins count, but they dont necessarily mean as much as most people think. If you throw either of these guys against rampage, or hendo.. two lhws who are fighting the way they're expected, they'd get destroyed.
Lay_N_Pray
9/24/07 2:14:25PM
I love to Thiago but he just lost, so you cant reward him with top competition (by the way I saw that fight as Rd. 1 for Griffin, Rd.2 for Tavares, and Rd.3 Draw) I would say Thiago vs Gulliard might work.

There has been so much discussion about the LHW division, and no one will really have an answer. I honestly don't know what to do there and I feel sorry for Joe Silva, he has a hell of a time. I guess Forrest vs Page could happen, who knows.

Fitch vs Karo sounds good as a number one contender fight. except we still have to wait for Hughes, the current number one contender to fight, then GSP, the next number two contender to fight, and by then Serra will be able to fight a top guy, and if he wins that Serra could get a title fight (if he loses to Hughes or GSP).

So in conclusion...im confused as to what should happen, i will just watch and enjoy I suppose.
SpiderSilva
9/24/07 11:06:36PM

Posted by hotrodttt

After the latest UFC people might have a lot of quetions , I will answer them , I'm gonna tell you guys the things I see in the future

Diego Sanchez - I see the UFC giving him a gimme fight like Rich Clamenti or he moves down to 155

Tyson Griffin - Put him against Roger Huerta

Thiago Tavarez - This guy is a stud , let him fight the top guys at 155

Lyoto Machida - Make him fight someone tough like Houston Alexander or the winner of Rahad vs Tito

you know after seeing him over power by his last to opp. maybe 155 is a good idea for him