Affliction Update: The next Affliction show and possible Barnett vs Fedor

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Affliction Update: The next Affliction show and possible Barnett vs Fedor
kastro_316
7/3/08 1:43:24PM
DreamFighters.com

This is great news for many MMA fans, who have always wanted to see Fedor face Barnett. With the inclusion of Donald Trump, we can expect many more shows from this organization.
puppetmaster837
7/3/08 1:55:24PM
I cant wait to see Fedor wreck Sylvia and Barnett two fights in a row, maybe people will shut the hell up about him not fighting top competition.

Edit: I do not hate Barnett, i actually love him. But i think Fedor is still #1 and i dont think anyone can beat him. That post just seemed like i was bashing a great fighter
tuvok500
7/3/08 2:02:43PM
Fedor will be KO by Sylvia, very funny that they already have decided the winner, look like an arrange fight like the last Fedor's fight when suddenly the knees where no longer allowed ....

Vote4Fedro
7/3/08 2:06:13PM

Posted by tuvok500

Fedor will be KO by Sylvia, very funny that they already have decided the winner, look like an arrange fight like the last Fedor's fight when suddenly the knees where no longer allowed ....

what do you mean about the knees?
SmileR
7/3/08 2:10:25PM
Fedors dodging Arlovski!
Who can blame him!
Aaronno9
7/3/08 2:12:27PM

Posted by SmileR

Fedors dodging Arlovski!
Who can blame him!

Im kinda rooting for sylvia, not becouse i hate fedor or anything, but i actually like big Tim, but now that we might finally see him fighting Barnett means i wont mind if he beats Tim. Its a fight ive wanted to see for a long long time now.
Aaronno9
7/3/08 2:14:31PM

Posted by Vote4Fedro

Posted by tuvok500

They decided before the fight that knee strikes would be disallowed, which was pretty much just an advantage to fedor since he isnt renowned for using knees and probably wouldn't be able to utilize them against Choi anyways.
kaduey
7/3/08 2:24:35PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Vote4Fedro

Posted by tuvok500

They decided before the fight that knee strikes would be disallowed, which was pretty much just an advantage to fedor since he isnt renowned for using knees and probably wouldn't be able to utilize them against Choi anyways.

Or maybe they did it because Choi is over 100 pounds heavier.
puppetmaster837
7/3/08 2:30:42PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Vote4Fedro

Posted by tuvok500

Seriously, Fedors handicap in that fight was being 100 pound lighter, so they gave Choi a handicap of no knees. That doesnt seem that unreasonable
Frost_777
7/3/08 2:44:05PM
This is going to be an amazing fight i can't wait, i also hope they let Arlovski fight Aleksander on that card that would be godly and they would need to have sobral fight lil nog i know this is wishful thinking but i hope it all happens
Vote4Fedro
7/3/08 2:44:18PM
Man Fedro is shady. I am regretting using him in my name.
Manak
7/3/08 2:54:28PM

Posted by Frost_777

This is going to be an amazing fight i can't wait, i also hope they let Arlovski fight Aleksander on that card that would be godly and they would need to have sobral fight lil nog i know this is wishful thinking but i hope it all happens

lets hope that happens, plus if vitor gets to his old self, vitor v lindland on that card too
joshryanshepherd
7/3/08 2:56:41PM

Posted by Frost_777

This is going to be an amazing fight i can't wait, i also hope they let Arlovski fight Aleksander on that card that would be godly and they would need to have Sobral fight lil Nog i know this is wishful thinking but i hope it all happens

yes i would love to see Arlovski fight either Emelianenko or Barnett. i think Arlovski does better depending on competition. and Sobral Vs. lil Nog would be bad ass
Mchubb316
7/3/08 2:58:19PM
Back to back wins for Fedor would without a doubt, put an end to people doubting Fedor's legacy as being the best. I still think Sylvia is gonna knock him out.
Frost_777
7/3/08 3:25:18PM
This is just a great start for this organization i mean a card that is called the greatest ever but not only that, we can already see the match ups only getting better and this is amazing for the real fans of this sport
Aaronno9
7/3/08 3:59:29PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Vote4Fedro

Posted by tuvok500

Whatever, i didnt say i agreed with it or not, somebody asked a question and i answered

Mabeys they should of thought about the size differance before they made they fight though rather than changing rules around for Fedors benefit.
chickmagnet
7/3/08 4:04:38PM
I say on the next Afflicton Card it should be:

Fedor/Sylvia winner vs. Barnett/Rizzo Winner

Then if Vitor beats Martin and Lindland beats Negao it could set up Vitor vs. Lindland.

Then Arlovski vs. Aleks if they win both their fights.
cmill21
7/3/08 4:30:52PM

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Vote4Fedro

Posted by tuvok500

It is the weight thing, they did the same thing when it was Fedor vs. Hunt, people who didn't watch mma woulden't know about that though...
Twenty20Dollars
7/3/08 6:09:17PM
i would like to see this. but fedor is losing to timmy first. then aleks is going to fight timmy for the title while, fedor and josh duke it out and then you have a rematch between rizzo and andrei.
lordicast
7/3/08 6:37:38PM

Posted by chickmagnet

Then if Vitor beats Martin and Lindland beats Negao it could set up Vitor vs. Lindland.

Stop talking like that your gonna make me nUT
mrsmiley
7/3/08 8:11:38PM

Posted by puppetmaster837

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Vote4Fedro

Posted by tuvok500

Seriously, Fedors handicap in that fight was being 100 pound lighter, so they gave Choi a handicap of no knees. That doesnt seem that unreasonable

I think that's just akin to old PRIDE rules.Any time someone was fighting an opponent above their weight class,they could opt for that rule.That's nothing specialy made for Fedor.
mrsmiley
7/3/08 8:13:34PM

Posted by cmill21

Posted by kaduey

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by Vote4Fedro

Posted by tuvok500

It is the weight thing, they did the same thing when it was Fedor vs. Hunt, people who didn't watch mma woulden't know about that though...

Just realize you posted that before me.
Manfred
7/3/08 11:37:44PM
I called this when the fights were first announced and everyone was wondering why they weren't fighting on this card.

For the most part, casual MMA fans know very little about Barnett or Fedor and less about Aleks. But they probably know AA and Timmah.

So winner gets winner for the next card AA vs. Aleks and Barney vs. Fedor
Mchubb316
7/4/08 12:59:49AM
AA vs Aleks would be a great fight. I hope that they make it happen win lose or draw.
Pookie
7/4/08 1:05:53AM
remember that knees to the head are in that organizations rules. a 380 pound man kneeing your head while your down could literally kill you.
bojangalz
7/4/08 9:21:30AM

Posted by chickmagnet

And around and a round we go. This is my concern with affliction. I really hope they continue to sign top talent, otherwise every new card is just going to be a musical chairs version of the previous card. Everybody just fights a different opponent.
Figsak
7/4/08 12:43:33PM

Posted by Pookie

remember that knees to the head are in that organizations rules. a 380 pound man kneeing your head while your down could literally kill you.

Same thing with those pride head stomps to downed opponents. It's so dangerous, but by god is it fun to watch.