AFFLICTION: Trilogy - What about the fighters?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » AFFLICTION: Trilogy - What about the fighters?
emfleek
7/24/09 3:42:25PM
One event that is perhaps more likely than others to gain from the cancellation is M-1 Global’s Aug. 28 event in Los Angeles. Several sources indicated that event is a primary focus for placing undercard bouts. Although the talks are still preliminary, M-1 Global’s event would make sense given that the company is a main partner of Affliction and was co-promoting the Aug. 1 “Trilogy” event.

READ THE REST OF THE STORY HERE
joshryanshepherd
7/24/09 3:46:13PM
Affliction going under only means that the UFC is gonna get a lot more great fighters, that's it. I've always thought Affliction was a strange Org anyway.

I think we'll see Fedor wearing UFC gold much sooner than we thought
Irish_Pride
7/24/09 4:18:33PM
I think it was stupid for Affliction to cancel the entire show just because of Barnett. I hope Affliction goes under, I've never been a fan of their organization and all this will do is let UFC pick up the fighters they want after this goes down.
joshryanshepherd
7/24/09 4:37:26PM

Posted by Irish_Pride

I think it was stupid for Affliction to cancel the entire show just because of Barnett. I hope Affliction goes under, I've never been a fan of their organization and all this will do is let UFC pick up the fighters they want after this goes down.

if it was up to the Affliction guys i bet the show would still be on, but it was the main sponsors who have the problems. i guess they don't want to go through with it because the Main event isn't "good" enough.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
7/24/09 5:37:38PM
Fedor Emelianenko to probably japan, I see this guy or his managers or whoever still continuing to keep him from the UFC with their demands cause the truth is the ufc doesnt need him
Josh Barnett-japan will take him
Renato Sobral-still has the 205 title in strikeforce so...
Gegard Mousasi-hopefully, HOPEFULLY to the UFC but probably japan for now
Jorge Santiago-back to sengoku to defend his title
Vitor Belfort-maybe just maybe back to the UFC
Gilbert Yvel-???this one I'm not really sure
Paul Buentello-I could see him in strikeforce
Takanori Gomi-still doing his thing over there
Rafaello Oliveira-wherever

Jay Hieron-I'm thinking bellator
Paul Daley-strikeforce
Ben Rothwell-strikeforce
Chris Horodecki-ufc would be awesome but probably to strikeforce
Dan Lauzon-UFC
LC Davis-japan
Javier Vasquez-strikeforce
Mark Hominick-japan
Deividas Taurosevicius-wec

I'm only messing around and guessing where they will go
Khaos
7/24/09 11:09:17PM
I'd really like to see Paul Buentello back in the UFC, I mean a 3-1 record and a title shot is pretty impressive, I'm not saying he'd make a huge splah, but he deserves to be back in the UFC.
Wolfenstein
7/24/09 11:30:44PM
How many russian fighters does the UFC have? The answer...0! It will always be that way because for whatever reason Vadim Finkelstein has a stranglehold on all the Russian talent, actually most of the european talent in general like Gegard Mousasi. So I wouldn't expect anyone under Vadim's management to ever be in the UFC unless the UFC is willing to say something like "and introducing M-1 Golbal's etc X fighter yada yada"--which the UFC will never agree to.

The only guys I see coming over to the UFC is probably Vitor Belfort as the most likely, and the maybes being Lil Nog and Ben Rothwell--Takanori Gomi is a possibility as well but I would mark it as unlikely.

I would like to see them pick up Yvel (but I doubt they will), Jay Hieron, and Jorge Santiago (but they both didn't do that well in the UFC previously).