Affliction prices

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Affliction prices
Jimbo
4/9/08 4:57:31AM
Im looking to get some nice clothing online and during my browsing ive seen alot of Affliction stuff. Why is it so damn expensive!? I saw a pair of jeans for almost $250!
What makes it so good they can charge that much for their stuff and expect sales?
babalu2720
4/9/08 7:09:29AM

Posted by Jimbo

Im looking to get some nice clothing online and during my browsing ive seen alot of Affliction stuff. Why is it so damn expensive!? I saw a pair of jeans for almost $250!
What makes it so good they can charge that much for their stuff and expect sales?

Hwo do you think they can afford to pay Fedor, lol...ya their stuff is really expensive...and I don't kno why, but people buy the stuff so good for them I guess.
seanfu
4/9/08 2:19:40PM
I personally thought those shirts were ugly as hell. How they warrent even 30 dollars, let alone 50 bucks.
emfleek
4/9/08 2:28:59PM

Posted by Jimbo

The answer?

Posted by babalu2720

people buy the stuff

That's why it's so expensive. Because they can make it that expensive and people (dumb...really dumb, people) still pay for it.
iwannabesedated
4/9/08 2:53:40PM
Ebay it man...Shirts may be 50 or 60 on their site...But ebay you can find them for alot less..i have.
chubbud22
4/9/08 3:04:08PM
Over priced
ThaAxeMurderer7
4/9/08 3:12:25PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Jimbo

The answer?

Posted by babalu2720

people buy the stuff

That's why it's so expensive. Because they can make it that expensive and people (dumb...really dumb, people) still pay for it.

I know that if you search around a good bit, you could find some stuff at a good price. Solis company has some shirts at a good price. As far as dumb people buying it, you couldn't be more wrong. I happen to think that some of the shirts are pretty kick ass. I've got two affliction shirts and I am def. not a dumb person.
Just b/c you don't like it or you won't pay the money to get it, doesn't make people who will dumb.
gsquat
4/9/08 3:41:41PM
I'm not sure how buying MMA clothing at any price makes you dumb. Perhaps some of the people who have, over time, bought Affliction clothing have been categorically "dumb", but all are not. I bought an Affliction shirt I found at the Buckle for $50. I don't pay that much for all my shirts, but I was treating myself. It was a nice looking shirt and I could afford to spend the money. As for why they are so expensive... they appeal to an elite group. Not everyone is an MMA fan. MMA apparel is uncommon and shows your interest without you having to say anything. There arent a ton of people who are going to be buying these clothes at the moment (at least not in relation to mainstream clothing lines), so they can charge whatever they want and people will buy it.
emfleek
4/9/08 3:51:21PM
$250 for pants?

I don't care who you are...that's DUMB.

Of course, that's my opinion. I never asked if you were okay with it.
emfleek
4/9/08 4:10:50PM
...and FYI...my original post was in reference to the $250 jeans. $50 for a shirt...even though I more than likely wouldn't pay that much...is within reason.
murphy_16
4/9/08 6:30:54PM
YEA man some sick affliction shirts really want to get some and the GSP ones are fukin sexy i want one of those and i checked on ebay and you can get a GSP from $30 or more
ThaAxeMurderer7
4/9/08 8:32:41PM
Yea, I see where you are coming from but to say that dumb people buy the stuff is just flat out wrong. People buy the clothes because they enjoy the product. It's nothing personal man I just hate it when people feel the need to bash something or someone in order to state that they don't like it.
emfleek
4/9/08 11:38:00PM
I could go on and on about this. I just take issue with anyone who buys/wears clothing just to impress others. To spend $250 on a pair of jeans JUST because they're "Affliction" jeans or "Tommy Hilfiger" (just an example) jeans...well, yeah, that's dumb to me. It's nothing personal against anyone. I just think it's completely and utterly stupid.

Then again...I'm not a "brand name" kind of guy. I prefer to not be a walking billboard. I wear what's comfortable. Not what's trendy or popular or the most expensive.

Again...no offense.
Jimbo
4/10/08 4:36:45AM

Posted by seanfu

I personally thought those shirts were ugly as hell. How they warrent even 30 dollars, let alone 50 bucks.

yeh i dont like them either and im not going to buy any of it, i like some of the chute boxe shirts, some sinister stuff and knoxx had some alright shirts
Pookie
4/10/08 4:44:07AM

Posted by emfleek

I could go on and on about this. I just take issue with anyone who buys/wears clothing just to impress others. To spend $250 on a pair of jeans JUST because they're "Affliction" jeans or "Tommy Hilfiger" (just an example) jeans...well, yeah, that's dumb to me. It's nothing personal against anyone. I just think it's completely and utterly stupid.

Then again...I'm not a "brand name" kind of guy. I prefer to not be a walking billboard. I wear what's comfortable. Not what's trendy or popular or the most expensive.

Again...no offense.

I completely agree with you.

$250 dollar jeans.... thats ridiculous. But i guess if youve always had alot of money its miniscule to some...

Think of it like this.
Buy one pair of jeans($250.00[about $270 after taxes])... or feed a starving african child for an entire year($264.00).... yeah sounds pretty stupid to me.
sinister_16
4/10/08 9:57:50AM
affliction has cool designs but too much money
krthll1
4/12/08 2:05:30AM
I would much rather buy sinister clothing or warrior wear. I like fighters sponsored by sinister and warrior wear better and the shirts are like 20 dollars cheaper. plus the shirts by these companies are not as ugly. Affliction makes some nasty looking shirts. Especially the the gold, black, and burgundy fedor shirt. That one is effin nasty!
p_unit23
4/13/08 8:14:43PM
overpriced. beside....too many people have affliction shirts on anyway. look at UFC events. you see everyone wearing one.