Affliction opens more seats for 'Day of Reckoning'

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Affliction opens more seats for 'Day of Reckoning'
MMAcca
1/14/09 12:18:58AM
Affliction announced today that due to high demand, more seats will be made available for "Day of Reckoning" at the Honda Center in Anaheim, California.

"Despite the tight economy, fight fans are choosing 'Day of Reckoning' as the must-see event of the year, with its stacked to bursting line-up of stellar matches from top to bottom," the promotion's press release stated. "Day of Reckoning," headlined by a title bout between former PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko versus former UFC heavyweight champion Andrei Arlovski, takes place Saturday, Jan. 24.

LINK
cmill21
1/14/09 12:22:32AM
lmao, well thats kinda weird since ticket sales were doing "terrible".
loller90278
1/14/09 1:59:21AM
this is just countering the rumor they sold 1500. maybe that rumor is doing more good for affliction than harm
thephenom
1/14/09 5:33:55AM
all i wanna see if fedor thats it--i dont care if theres 4 people in the stands--i could careless about how many people are in the stands I just wanna see the Pro's and i mean the mma fighters
whardin19
1/14/09 7:25:40AM
Not sure if this is just a ploy by Affliction after the talk of terrible ticket sales. Now the quote of this article about this card being stellar is just ridicoulus. This card isn't even as good as the first card. I would have to say this card is good, but definetally not stellar.

Even so I'll be over at my buddies house watching it. Go Arlovski!!!
NeaRMisS
1/14/09 10:19:07AM
Just another way to keep yourself in the headlines imo. Regardless I hope it works and they sell it out. Would love to see affliction staying around for longer then 2 shows!
Givershit
1/14/09 10:41:57AM

I find that strange especially because I can go on ticketmaster and get myself some pretty sweet fourth row floor seats.
Darnok
1/14/09 11:25:55AM

Posted by NeaRMisS

Just another way to keep yourself in the headlines imo.

They are taking their queue from Tito.
MMAcca
1/14/09 1:21:20PM
Maybe Tom Atencio isn't telling the whole truth.

This from Fightlinker.......

Yesterday Tom Atencio showed up to battle rumors that ticket sales for Day of Reckoning were toast. We already doubted him since he’s never been all that good at telling us the truth. The Gilbert Yvel story was a complete fabrication and looking back I think it’s safe to say he lied about why Josh Barnett was replaced with Roy Nelson at EliteXC Heat. But now we have more than just a queasy distrust towards the Affliction promoter. Some blogger guy did some footwork to see what ticket availability was for the show, and here’s what he found: packs of 10 tickets across the entire arena and very little demand for tickets on sites like eBay and StubHub. While this information doesn’t tell us if the 2000 ticket rumor is true, it does tell us one thing for sure: the line Atencio used about selling so well they’re opening up more area? Yeah, there’s no way that’s true if you’re still able to buy massive groups of tickets together at every level.

LINK
telnights
1/14/09 5:38:49PM
That's funny because just the other day ticket masters still had huge amounts of open seats and hole sections still open. I think this may be them trying to look like everything is great in the world of Affliction even if that isn't the case. This maybe a way to try to draw in more ticket sales.