Affliction LHW Picture

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Affliction LHW Picture
Jshep714
7/23/08 2:41:04PM
There are some good matches that could happen in Affliction.

Tito vs. Vitor 2
Tito vs. Bobalu
Frank Shamrock could come in and fight Tito
Bobalu vs. Vitor
Shamrock vs. Bobalu or Vitor

If they ink Frank and Tito and Vitor comes back up to 205 this could be a good division.
balack_o-bama
7/23/08 2:44:12PM
Babalu is probally the best out of the ones you've named. But dont forget about Lil Nog.
loonytnt
7/23/08 2:45:51PM
tito is cool but idk if he could beat any of them
ncordless
7/23/08 2:47:34PM
Yeah, I put Lil Nog higher than all those guys. Frank is a MW, and unless we see some cross promotion (very possible) I don't think he'll be signing with Affliction.

I'd like to see either Babalu or Tito vs. Lil Nog... and they need to sign Arona... then they'd have a good base of talent to start with.
Jshep714
7/23/08 2:48:19PM
yea forgot about him, I think he would probably be the champion of the division if there was a title, but affliction would have some big main events on there hands if Fedor couldn't go for one PPV.
billycarnage
7/23/08 2:50:17PM
I thought Frank was in pretty deep with ProElite would they allow him to fight for a better promotion? I figured Tito vs Frank would have to happen on CBS. I see Tito going to Affliction and I would love to see him fight Babalu.
Babalu via SUB
xposipx
7/23/08 3:17:40PM
Eh, none of those match-ups are too interesting IMO. They really REALLY need to start building a stable at another division besides HW. They are closest at LHW, just need to add 5-6 more notable guys to make it interesting to me. The UFC just has the market cornered right now at LHW, MW, WW, and somewhat LW with DREAM.
Pookie
7/23/08 4:24:44PM
I expect cross-promotions to happen.
ncordless
7/23/08 7:33:21PM

Posted by Pookie

I expect cross-promotions to happen.

Fedor vs. Kimbo!!!

jocksmall
7/23/08 8:50:43PM

Posted by xposipx

Eh, none of those match-ups are too interesting IMO. They really REALLY need to start building a stable at another division besides HW. They are closest at LHW, just need to add 5-6 more notable guys to make it interesting to me. The UFC just has the market cornered right now at LHW, MW, WW, and somewhat LW with DREAM.

i agree they do need to build up other divisions other than hw but if your going to start with one strong division then it should be hw. those match-ups will be fine for a non headlining match. they have had only 1 event and it was the best first event i know of
Mchubb316
7/24/08 12:20:44AM

Posted by ncordless

Yeah, I put Lil Nog higher than all those guys. Frank is a MW, and unless we see some cross promotion (very possible) I don't think he'll be signing with Affliction.

I'd like to see either Babalu or Tito vs. Lil Nog... and they need to sign Arona... then they'd have a good base of talent to start with.

I agree about signing Arona. This would be big. They have the best HW division, and getting Arona would be a big boost the the LHW division. With as many different promotions out there they need to get guys when they can. I also think cross promotion events will happen with them. I do believe that this first card they did, was sort of a cross promotion, because isn't Sylvia and Rothwell both signed under Adrennaline not Affliction?
pv3Hpv3p
7/24/08 11:20:31AM
I was most interested in a Babalu vs Lil Nog fight...

there's not many other LHW's out there really... They could try to grab Matushenko (sp?) if he's not under contract with the IFL...

Arona would be a solid addition...

I'm kinda at a loss when it comes to more notable names??? The UFC's got the 205ers pretty sewn up
mk1630
7/25/08 1:11:49AM
Speaking of Arona, i was just wondering earlier...whats he been up to lately?. I have heard no news on him for awhile now.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
7/30/08 6:35:48PM
Affliction has all the following LHW's signed.

Tito Ortiz
Renato Sobral
Antonio Rogeiro Nogueria
Mike Whitehead
Kevin Randleman
Vladimir Matuyshenko

and Vitor Belfort at MW (he could move back up)
Taylor8766
7/31/08 12:56:31PM

Posted by mk1630

Speaking of Arona, i was just wondering earlier...whats he been up to lately?. I have heard no news on him for awhile now.

The had a post on him a few days ago about him saying that the UFC is the perfect set-up for him, with rules and such, so I hope he goes to the UFC, to make the LHW division even more stacked.
copcopps
7/31/08 4:01:10PM
Yeah plus he's gonna slip in the rankings if he continues to be inactive, just liek Sergei