Affliction vs UFC July 19th who was better ???

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Affliction vs UFC July 19th who was better ???
POLL: Best on the 19th of July
UFC 47% (14)
Affliction 53% (16)
Kracker_Jap
7/20/08 12:04:09PM
Now that you have watched both events who had the better show???

Which main event KO was more painful to watch???

Was it big Timmy's nose or the Sandmans cheak??

loonytnt
7/20/08 12:15:34PM
UFC was boring imo, i stop watchin when vera was fightin then came back for the mean event, ''best p4p fighter'' needed a better fight imo

UFC last night
juanez13
7/20/08 12:27:01PM
I think Afflicition had a better show, not in terms of production, but in the fights.

UFC still did good IMO, the show was entertaining, only downer was the controversial rumble/burns fight, and the Vera fight, other than that i liked all the other fights. Shows why the UFC is the top dog, they are so flexible is insane, to put on a card like that in a very short time.

Hopefully Afflicition can keep the ball running, great possible match ups ahead (Vitor vs Lindland, Babalu Vs Lil Nog, If Barnett faces Fedor next, than Arlovski vs Rizzo rematch isnt out of the question, also AA has being laying down the smack talk to sylvia, a fight between them is also possible.great possibilities)

We'll just have to wait and see how truly successful Affliction was, in terms of PPV and ratings for FSN.

Mastodon2
7/20/08 12:58:01PM
Affliction by a long way. I don't expect them to last forever (they are only slated to do 3 years and then see how their financial outlook is, it took UFC years to start making money on the other hand) and it wasnt as good as a Pride or Dream event, but they had some good Pride fighters and it was an exciting event. I don't see how UFC thought they could compete with Fedor vs Tim by putting on tat like Silva versus Irvin, thats just sheer arrogance.
Rush
7/20/08 1:00:50PM

Posted by Mastodon2

I don't see how UFC thought they could compete with Fedor vs Tim by putting on tat like Silva versus Irvin, thats just sheer arrogance.

You mean - that is so "Dana White"
Aaronno9
7/20/08 1:02:55PM
The affliction card wasnt as good as id hope just due to how one sided the fights where. I mean, yeah some fights where close, like Babalu and whitehead, but Andrei, Nog, Fedor, Homnick, vitor and Josh won without to many problems. The ufc card wasnt that great either tbh, veras fight had like 1 decent round, silva only had a minutes work to do and burns vs johnson was just a sham. Id say it was even. Mabeys give affliction the nod becouse they had bigger names on the card.
soundboy1
7/20/08 1:19:33PM
Affliction hands down.
Twice as many fights + all the fighters Dana didn't sign because he is cheap.
Thank You Affliction! I may go buy one of your ugly ass shirts now.
spikerman19
7/20/08 2:20:10PM
Afflictions broadcast team was one of the worst I ever heard BIG John sucked,
the only way to keep that organization alive is to keep it in america every other show .
ncordless
7/20/08 2:30:34PM

Posted by spikerman19

Afflictions broadcast team was one of the worst I ever heard BIG John sucked,
the only way to keep that organization alive is to keep it in america every other show .

LOL... looking at your pic it makes me think Dana whispered in your ear what to say.

Production values were pretty crappy, and I am not a fan of fighters dodging drumsets on the way to the ring. The sound was flawed, making a big crowd sound dead.

I thought Affliction seemed alot more professional than the CBS EXC card, but that they have a ways to go to get to UFC level productions.

Big John was a bright spot. He actually speaks from a wealth of knowledge and knows what the hell he's talking about.
Gipper
7/20/08 3:17:06PM
the 2 shows didn't even compare to each other. if you didn't order affliction you missed out big time.
Quasar
7/20/08 3:25:56PM

Posted by spikerman19

Afflictions broadcast team was one of the worst I ever heard

I will only agree because it was there 1st show and needs work, the production was off, the weigh ins were sloppy, even the fighter announcing was sloppy, however I feel that Affliction will be around for a long time and will get it together, they already have the next "don king" behind them who is always looking for the quickest buck.
loller90278
7/20/08 4:04:23PM
i was at the affliction show and their production in the very beginning was horrible, the microphones didn't work in the honda center, it was confusing to know which fighters were going to fight because they constantly changed the order and etc... but as the night progressed the production kicked up and they became pretty constant... sure it wasn't the best, but its their first time, and they did a heck of a job.
Kracker_Jap
7/20/08 4:26:18PM
I guess it is safe to say Affliction had the better card and UFC had the better production....

But when are the up and coming fight promotions going to realize that MMA fans are into MMA fights

Not laser shows, go-go dancers, and musical breaks.....

At least not in our PPV's that we paid to see fights on...

The Affliction show reminded me of an episode of the apprentice the way the put the show on and I'm still not a fan of the ring no matter how big it is "Just my opinion and rant" but dam the Pitbull looked great I will never doubt the skill of Fedor unless he fights Anderson Silva then I will pick Silva by KO 1st or 2nd round because he apparently doesn't like to fight in the 3rd
Twenty20Dollars
7/20/08 5:17:21PM
funny how both main event's were so short haha.

well i mean you knew, affliction was going to be better because they planned the card for awhile, while ufc just threw something together last minute.